Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42616 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #495 on: February 17, 2010, 11:28:54 AM »
A segmented european bracket will not be worth it, there will only be three or four members and then what...we have to wait till the finals to fight again? I wont be signing up if that's how it's going to be next time, not that that should bother anyone. IMO it should be ONE bracket not seperate nonsense. All change just for because one person failed to get online? Every other european has met the deadlines.

He said if they so choose to.  Who knows, there may be a lot more signing up from Europe if they did not worry about the time difference.  Who ever wants and can be available should be included in this bracket.  If there are not enough people then they are all welcome to join this bracket, but they should be able to show up at a time that is not reasonable just to them.

This is not about fighting.  We are in the DA everyday if fighting is what we are looking for.  I mean, it is only max of three fights per week.  Who ever is on the other side is not going to miss match.  Maybe merge at the semifinals, like 3 US and one Euro branch?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #496 on: February 17, 2010, 11:39:50 AM »
A segmented european bracket will not be worth it, there will only be three or four members and then what...we have to wait till the finals to fight again? I wont be signing up if that's how it's going to be next time, not that that should bother anyone. IMO it should be ONE bracket not seperate nonsense. All change just for because one person failed to get online? Every other european has met the deadlines.

It would be an option at sign-up if you wanted to be segmented or not.  Lets just say four Europeans sign up and want to be segmented.  They are randomly distributed through the first four slots in the bracket so are fighting each other for the first and second rounds.  Then, for the third round they finally have to match up with the general bracket and deal with the time zone difference.  One or more might also have first round byes depending on how the player distribution through the first round goes and that might get them another round fighting each other.

Anyway, nothing's set in stone but if it encouraged more people to get involved it might be worth a try.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #497 on: February 17, 2010, 11:43:33 AM »
BE,

Looks like Tupac/Manplesr is going to be tough to get into the DA, I am trying to avoid an issue but dont want to be stuck in a random draw after being available nearly all week.

(PM's were sent, and I even went to the point of asking at what point to you think you might fly.)

<S> Thanks for putting up with me and running this event....

Strip

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #498 on: February 17, 2010, 11:44:33 AM »
I agree it will make no difference everyone still has a fight every round.  If it helps the european's and the us players for the first few match ups I'm all for it.  Only thing I can see is after the european's best fighter wins how are you going to put them back in to the regular bracket because by the third rd. there's no byes, just a thought.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #499 on: February 17, 2010, 11:52:43 AM »
I agree it will make no difference everyone still has a fight every round.  If it helps the european's and the us players for the first few match ups I'm all for it.  Only thing I can see is after the european's best fighter wins how are you going to put them back in to the regular bracket because by the third rd. there's no byes, just a thought.

See my post above.  They would just naturally merge into the bracket at whatever point the bracket structure forces it to happen but by then there would be far fewer European players (it could be more than one depending on how many there are and how the first round is structured (open slots allocated) and some might have to merge in sooner than others) facing the time zone challenge.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:58:48 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #500 on: February 17, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »
oh right, sorry i did not read carefully enough, i would choose to stick in the main bracket.

thanks for the corrections guys.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #501 on: February 17, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »
Thanks baldeagle <S>

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #502 on: February 17, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »

In addition, I'm disappointed that I haven't heard from a single review committee member regarding the films of Bruv119's wins so I reviewed the films myself.
Public apology BE,Sorry, I actually did watch the films youasked but with this new duty station I forgot to post my thoughts on them, I think you made the right decision.

check your pms btw, I sent one about the Bruv,raider fight :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #503 on: February 17, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »
109g14-Shiv
F4u-4-Shiv

Mid air colision <S>  JOACHIM
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #504 on: February 17, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »
109g14-Shiv
F4u-4-Shiv

Mid air colision <S>  JOACHIM
No shame in losing to Shiv...awesome stick, bad choice on the Hog second round :aok :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #505 on: February 17, 2010, 06:32:30 PM »
lol i had him in the hog, but rammed him on accident
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #506 on: February 17, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »
<<S>> You did have me in the hog round Joach1m, nice flying.  I didn't get the collison message though, I though you had hit the wall.  I didn't know until I got your PM (Joach1m is vox and text muted so it was tricky arranging everything.)  I'll post the films shortly just in case there needs to be a ruling.

<<S>> again, nice fights.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #507 on: February 17, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »
Fight 1 - 109-G14
http://www.sendspace.com/file/obphj8

Fight 2 - F4U-4
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ao6jna

Ty again Joach1m, sorry it ended that way.  If we have to go again I'd be glad to, that stinks it ended like that.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #508 on: February 17, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »
I watched it, sending a PM to him right after. It was a Lag issue definately.

Joachim I dont think you "had" him, shiv extended to get out of that circle fight which was going nowhere.

:salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #509 on: February 17, 2010, 07:49:44 PM »
Ah, felt like I was behind the whole fight.  Too tense, gotta relax.