Author Topic: Bomber damage  (Read 5018 times)

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
Re: Bomber damage
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »
My crew chief is putting on the finishing touches of an "outhouse" silhoutte on my plane from last nights mission :D

:rofl yea I think I hit a few of those too
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »
I just quoted you twice stating the exact opposite. Both times you state that damage landed ( "Blowing up a few buildings....."; "Hardly deserving...." ) wasn't worth the recognition.

You're right some do, and if you've never felt the need for recognition then why are you so adamant about damage landed not worthy of it?

Ack-Ack, I've seen art like that too, especially from the Naval side of things.

"What you've been saying has been buff drivers are pointless and useless, whatever damage we've done was by taking the easy route and not worth any recognition. In case you forgot......"

I never said this. This is your spin on it. If you're going to quote me, at least get it right. Subliminal guilt maybe?
 :lol

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2010, 09:38:35 PM »
"What you've been saying has been buff drivers are pointless and useless, whatever damage we've done was by taking the easy route and not worth any recognition. In case you forgot......"

I never said this. This is your spin on it. If you're going to quote me, at least get it right. Subliminal guilt maybe?
 :lol

I did get it right. You've inferred it quite often enough. If damage landed is not worth any sort of recognition at all, as you have said twice now, then one would assume that trying to do so would be pointless in your eyes. If this is not how you feel, then why are you so adamant against buffs receiving any sort recognition aside from kills? Hence the uselessness. The recognition is a way for buff drivers to "stack up" against one another. You landed 5k, I'll go land 7k. That sort of thing.
-MadHat
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »
I did get it right. You've inferred it quite often enough. If damage landed is not worth any sort of recognition at all, as you have said twice now, then one would assume that trying to do so would be pointless in your eyes. If this is not how you feel, then why are you so adamant against buffs receiving any sort recognition aside from kills? Hence the uselessness. The recognition is a way for buff drivers to "stack up" against one another. You landed 5k, I'll go land 7k. That sort of thing.
No you didn't, but I don't imagine that's anything new. Actually, I was thinking you're the adamant one, this whole thread has had me chuckling. Maybe the fighter guys can start a "Look how many kills I landed thread". Knock yourself out on the text buffer, but give up the mind reading thing. It's not your forte. :D

P.S. - I guess all the hours and thousands of "Bomber" perk points I've accumulated over the years has been "Pointless and Useless". Well, they are pretty much, unless I choose to auger some 234's. :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:13:00 PM by Bear76 »

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2010, 10:13:16 PM »
No you didn't, but I don't imagine that's anything new. Actually, I was thinking you're the adamant one, this whole thread has had me chuckling. Maybe the fighter guys can start a "Look how many kills I landed thread". Knock yourself out on the text buffer, but give up the mind reading thing. It's not your forte. :D

You're right, I am adamant. And yet again, you sidestep the question. You believe kills landed is worth it, but damage landed is not. Why are you so adamant about bombers not receiving recognition for damage landed?
-MadHat

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »
You're right, I am adamant. And yet again, you sidestep the question. You believe kills landed is worth it, but damage landed is not. Why are you so adamant about bombers not receiving recognition for damage landed?

re-read my above post. And I believe I stated landing kills is unimportant. Mr. Adamant ;)

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2010, 10:29:13 PM »
re-read my above post. And I believe I stated landing kills is unimportant. Mr. Adamant ;)

No you said recognition was unimportant to you. But you've also stated that landing kills deserves to be recognized,
Yes, I was just refering to having damage points in lights. If you get kills, that's another thing.

2. Land kills, great they deserve to be recognized.

and then you go on to say that it makes no sense to you to recognize it. You keep changing your story, which is it going to be?

-MadHat

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2010, 10:41:24 PM »
No you said recognition was unimportant to you. But you've also stated that landing kills deserves to be recognized,
and then you go on to say that it makes no sense to you to recognize it. You keep changing your story, which is it going to be?

I know you're a little slow, so try to follow. The old system of landing kills in a bomber makes more sense then landing "damage" points. Am I going too fast? I believe it makes no sense having kills shown on the buffer period. Still with me? Obviously, they aren't going to eliminate that. Damage points in lights just encourages people to do "whatever" to get their name in lights, just like it does for fighters. Now, I know you're new, but I can't explain it any simpler than that.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2010, 10:46:02 PM »
I know you're a little slow, so try to follow. The old system of landing kills in a bomber makes more sense then landing "damage" points. Am I going too fast? I believe it makes no sense having kills shown on the buffer period. Still with me? Obviously, they aren't going to eliminate that. Damage points in lights just encourages people to do "whatever" to get their name in lights, just like it does for fighters. Now, I know you're new, but I can't explain it any simpler than that.

I really doubt many people are taking up bombers now just so they can get their names in lights.  It's obvious your argument is falling apart because you're resorted to attacking MadHatter's intelligence because he disagrees with you.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2010, 10:52:20 PM »
I really doubt many people are taking up bombers now just so they can get their names in lights.  It's obvious your argument is falling apart because you're resorted to attacking MadHatter's intelligence because he disagrees with you.
Well, repeating myself makes me assume he has a hard time following along. I was never arguing, just commenting on the riculousness of this whole "look at me thread". You guys have been very entertaining though.  :lol

Obvious to whom? Like I said, knock yourselves out and pat each other on the back. I'll still be chuckling.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:53:56 PM by Bear76 »

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2010, 10:56:08 PM »
MAdHatter, I do believe Bear, is in the process of filibustering now. It's only a matter of time. Till he needs to use the little boys room. :old:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:00:30 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2010, 10:57:35 PM »
MAdHatter, I do believe Bear, is in the process of filibustering now. It's only a matter of time till. He needs to use the little boys room. :old:
That damn bladder again :D

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2010, 11:09:20 PM »
Well, repeating myself makes me assume he has a hard time following along. I was never arguing, just commenting on the riculousness of this whole "look at me thread". You guys have been very entertaining though.  :lol

Obvious to whom? Like I said, knock yourselves out and pat each other on the back. I'll still be chuckling.

:rolleyes:  If you would stick to the same argument it'd be easier.  :lol

You're getting desperate now, we're just talking about part of the game we all enjoy.  You don't like the damage points, there was no reason for you to get into this thread.  You act as if no one ever talks about their ability in a fighter or that they land kills in a fighter. :huh
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2010, 11:23:07 PM »
:rolleyes:  If you would stick to the same argument it'd be easier.  :lol

You're getting desperate now, we're just talking about part of the game we all enjoy.  You don't like the damage points, there was no reason for you to get into this thread.  You act as if no one ever talks about their ability in a fighter or that they land kills in a fighter. :huh

Desperate for what? I'm not the one looking for recognition, that's your arguement, not mine. I enjoy it too, and I've been doing it a lot longer than you. The "look at me in a fighter" threads get the same reaction. Carry on with your "recognition" crusade and thanks for the laughs. :salute

The whole name in lights thing for "all" is still pointless though, which was my point all along. Sorry you missed it :D

P.S. - actually I did hear someone on country state they weren't landing any kills, so they were going to go bomb some strat. Sure enough, a short while latter they did. When you've been here awhile, you'll find some people will do almost anything to get their name in lights. I'll be sure to "wtg" you when you do.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:24:39 PM by Bear76 »

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2010, 11:28:40 PM »
Well, repeating myself makes me assume he has a hard time following along. I was never arguing, just commenting on the riculousness of this whole "look at me thread". You guys have been very entertaining though.  :lol

This is the first time you mentioned the "look at me thread". Matter of fact the first thing you did was attack the issue of bombers getting their name in lights.

Fighting something that doesn't move at all and can barely defend itself? Hardly deserves having your name in lights. :(

Then you go on to say that kills deserve to be recognized. Then you change your story and say it makes no sense for anything to be recognized. And then it's you don't care either way. Now it's you were just commenting on this thread. I keep making you repeat yourself to see which story you're going to stick to.

*edit* Personally, I check the buffer to see the damage I've done. I would like to see the raise in the minimum required for a message tho.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:31:58 PM by MadHatter »
-MadHat