Author Topic: no kill credit  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Re: no kill credit
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »

this is from my initial pass, not the greatest run, but if he was just soooo damaged and tore up already, that should have been the straw that broke the camel's back I would think. 
He still had no damage after this pass, after which he fired his guns at me a few times, rolled and dove.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 06:25:01 PM »
I had this happen to me last night as well. I blew the plane up & got not even an assist.
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
Oh well - perhaps it hasn't happened to me because it only does it if you're good enough to kill someone ;).

Seriously though, I'd send the film in, as it appears likely to be a bug.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 10:51:29 PM »
I was thinking, perhaps it is a bug, but in a different sense.  

Perhaps the reason I didn't get the kills is because HE did more damage to himself than I did..   More damage was caused to his bomber by his overspeed than was caused by my guns

In no sane mind should it work that way...

just postulating I guess.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 11:12:39 PM »
It's happening alot more than it should, new damage model or not. I've seen this happen more than a couple times per tour and while I'm not as score oriented as some player, it's nice to get credit for a kill, especially when you're the only one in the dern sector. Another example of whiner catering service, in this case kill stealing whines at the expense of the rest of the community? Nah, probably just lag.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »
 From the pic yes it seems no damage at all. Dunno what to tell you it happens to me as well. I just assume somebody else hit him hard and move on to the next.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 11:55:44 AM »
Unless he was PW.... strange otherwise...

If it was a SAPPer he may have been in SAPP mode and did a .denykill  :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:58:10 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 04:06:36 PM »
From the pic yes it seems no damage at all. Dunno what to tell you it happens to me as well. I just assume somebody else hit him hard and move on to the next.

Nobody got credit for a kill, according to the stats he has only died once in the 25H and that was to a wirble.

I doubt he was shot up really bad by a wirble when leaving his base, then still climbed to 17k and met me...

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »
Ive had this happen a few times just recently, where in I get a kill and get no kill credit, not even assist..

for example, today I bounced a lone 25H at around 17K, after the first pass he tried to dive away from me, hit about 500mph and turned into something resembling a giant paper towel roll..   and subsequently fell to earth..  no kill, no assist.. no nothing.  I landed hits on him, even after he became a subway sandwich..  no because I needed to..  but more because.. well you dont try to dive away from a jug in a bomber.. dummy  :neener:

:headscratch:

About three or four weeks ago it happened to me in a F4U-1C also.  It was consistent for two days.  First 2 kills registered fine but nothing after that.  I think 3 shorties total.  May have films of it.  Only noticed it in that plane.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »
It's happening alot more than it should, new damage model or not. I've seen this happen more than a couple times per tour and while I'm not as score oriented as some player, it's nice to get credit for a kill, especially when you're the only one in the dern sector. Another example of whiner catering service, in this case kill stealing whines at the expense of the rest of the community? Nah, probably just lag.

Couldn't fit a PoTW whine in there someplace?  You're slipping whine.... erm twitchy.
See Rule #4

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
You guys are funny.  Come on, say it!!!!   B - U - G  :lol  See, no lightning struck me when I wrote that  :rofl

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 04:48:58 PM »
I heard it only happens when you fly dweeb rides.  :noid  :neener:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:53:08 PM by Qrsu »
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »
I heard it only happens when you fly dweeb rides.  :noid

You don't expect me to vulch in a C202 now, do you?  :D

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 04:57:35 PM »
You don't expect me to vulch in a C202 now, do you?  :D

I'd be more impressed anyway.  :D
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »
I noted last night a probable kill that I got no message for, I think it was my first "kill" for the evening too.  It was a rare guns solution, with the target inverted below me and heading in the opposite direction.  I put a real strong burst dead into the underside of his cowel and engine.  Definite damage and an oil hit was made on him, but I suspect he lost his engine outright.  Maybe he ditched I figure, but it would of had to of been a successful ditch manuver from 2-3k in the time it took me to turn my ride around from the initial BnZ manuver I made on him as I attempt to finish him off by comming back down and sattleing up on his rear (a nearly impossible feat).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.