Author Topic: no kill credit  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Re: no kill credit
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 08:17:45 PM »
I noted last night a probable kill that I got no message for, I think it was my first "kill" for the evening too.  It was a rare guns solution, with the target inverted below me and heading in the opposite direction.  I put a real strong burst dead into the underside of his cowel and engine.  Definite damage and an oil hit was made on him, but I suspect he lost his engine outright.  Maybe he ditched I figure, but it would of had to of been a successful ditch manuver from 2-3k in the time it took me to turn my ride around from the initial BnZ manuver I made on him as I attempt to finish him off by comming back down and sattleing up on his rear (a nearly impossible feat).

My guy made a ditch, but not in the sense that you mean..

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 11:24:39 PM »
Couldn't fit a PoTW whine in there someplace?  You're slipping whine.... erm twitchy.
Please sit down, you're starting to squeak.  :aok
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 10:34:45 AM »
I have had this happen several times as well along with unusual discoes. 

B-U-.........?  Not going to say it.   :bolt:

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »
Please sit down, you're starting to squeak.  :aok
-Twitchy
You've yet to stop squeaking chump.  :neener:
See Rule #4

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 12:07:17 AM »
In two days, I've been shorted out of three kills. I got a film of the one tonight, reckon if I sent it in I'd get my perkies and score adjustment? Seems to me that the fix coading for the kill stealing whines has affected us all. I've heard rumors that the kill will show up on your stats later even if it doesn't confirm one in the text buffer, can anybody verify that?
-Twitchy

Oh, and Bronk, Yawn.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 12:48:37 AM »
Here is something weird that happen.  I (kight) was over a Bish base in a big fight.  SEsaber (bish) end up shooting me down over his base and on the text buffer it showed that i landed two kills.  We (kights) did not capture the base at all and SEsaber got the created for killing me.  SEsaber and I communicated IP on how that happen and stump. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
The miracle...
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 02:52:41 AM »
... or: Why sometimes you only thought you had shot down your enemy!

There I was two days ago, mindlessly bombing ´GV's, err: bravely defending A1 in my B5N as this 190D came along and removed my wing:

I was falling down from 2500ft AGL towards my certain death

But I didn't give up... I noticed my fall being rather slow, so I dropped my remaining flap and remaining gear to further increase drag

I has falling almost vertically now

And then there was that tree. It's the first time ever that I was glad about flying into a tree!

That tree slowed my fall even more, and I ended up with a ditch!

I can imagine my enemy thinking "I removed his wing and didn't get a kill, not even an assist? BS!"  :lol

A rather extreme example, but it should remind you: We often don't know the whole story behind the things we see. With tens of thousands of fights each day, odd things are going to happen.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 03:04:03 AM »
lol! Awesome Lusche  :rofl
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 03:50:00 AM »
That was a landing worthy of S.A.P.P. Lusche   :aok
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 05:01:17 AM »
In two days, I've been shorted out of three kills. I got a film of the one tonight, reckon if I sent it in I'd get my perkies and score adjustment? Seems to me that the fix coading for the kill stealing whines has affected us all. I've heard rumors that the kill will show up on your stats later even if it doesn't confirm one in the text buffer, can anybody verify that?
-Twitchy

Oh, and Bronk, Yawn.

Here is a thought. Why not put the film in the  "Bug reports"" section, instead of being a chronic whiner? That way if it is indeed a bug they can fix it. Ohh wait that would be helping the community instead of whining about it. Forgot being non-whiny/helpful is not your style.... my bad.   :aok

See Rule #4

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Re: The miracle...
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »
... or: Why sometimes you only thought you had shot down your enemy!

There I was two days ago, mindlessly bombing ´GV's, err: bravely defending A1 in my B5N as this 190D came along and removed my wing:

(Image removed from quote.)

I was falling down from 2500ft AGL towards my certain death

But I didn't give up... I noticed my fall being rather slow, so I dropped my remaining flap and remaining gear to further increase drag
I has falling almost vertically now

And then there was that tree. It's the first time ever that I was glad about flying into a tree!

That tree slowed my fall even more, and I ended up with a ditch!

I can imagine my enemy thinking "I removed his wing and didn't get a kill, not even an assist? BS!"  :lol

A rather extreme example, but it should remind you: We often don't know the whole story behind the things we see. With tens of thousands of fights each day, odd things are going to happen.

I dont think the bomber fell several thousand feet with no wings, tail or anything else and got a ditch.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2010, 12:42:48 PM »
{snip} I've heard rumors that the kill will show up on your stats later even if it doesn't confirm one in the text buffer, can anybody verify that?
-Twitchy
 {snip}

{Snip}
EDIT: I also checkd the scores (just now) the other player (apex) has no deaths from me.

I have no kills of a b25H this tour.

Apparently not with this bug - although I too was once told that if the player disco's after you damage him, you'd get credit later.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue