Author Topic: F4U-1A Head position bug?  (Read 486 times)

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
F4U-1A Head position bug?
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:23:06 PM »
When setting head position/views in the Hog-1A, I can't get the "up & right" position to set.  All other head positions/views no problem.

Thoughts?
Duke

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: F4U-1A Head position bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »
works for me, fly the 1A almost 90% of the time

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 06:58:29 PM »
Do you use your keyboard or joystick to use your views?If you have set views on your joystick and you are setting them on your keyboard try setting them using your joystick buttons.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 03:50:09 PM »
Yea, this is a problem if you are using only the keyboard to look up/back-left, for example. The F10 won't save a new position for some planes if two keys are pressed on the number keypad at the same time. What I do is press a button on my joystick that set for look up and press one (and only one) of the keys on the keypad. I then adjust my view and hit F10 to save the new position. This seems to work for all the F4U's.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 09:22:03 PM »
Yea, this is a problem if you are using only the keyboard to look up/back-left, for example. The F10 won't save a new position for some planes if two keys are pressed on the number keypad at the same time. What I do is press a button on my joystick that set for look up and press one (and only one) of the keys on the keypad. I then adjust my view and hit F10 to save the new position. This seems to work for all the F4U's.

I use that too. But I never noticed that 2 keys at the same time don't work, maybe cause I never tried  :old:
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s