Author Topic: 8 Player  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: 8 Player
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 05:46:50 PM »
I hafta ask, if you are willing to pay for the head to head rooms..Why not just play in the arenas?

Well, there were things you could get away with on a h2h server that won't ever happen on the MAs.  Everything from some night-time fighting i na moon or no-moon sky, to enabling the bombing crosshairs and 30k airspawns on certain "bomber's delight" maps, to even more gamey things like cranking up the damage on .303s to being as potent as the 30mm tater guns and turning down fuel burn so low that a 262 could stay airborn for two hours on a 1/4 tank.... all things you can only do now in offline mode and without bringing along your friends for some fun/challenges.

I miss H2H for one reason, me my brother and a couple friends many years ago used to play AH in H2H mode over our LAN.  Even now I still own a second rig and wish H2H was still a component of the game, as I'd pickup a second stick and fly around with a mate (or like the good ol' days, have a couple friends over for a LAN evening where they bring their computers and some beer and we all play the same game(s) together over the LAN for the evening).  

I understand why HTC did it, of the half-dozen friends who ever played AH over my LAN with me, I'm the only one who's made a paid subscritption.  I think it should be re-enabled in a fashion for subscribers or other markets so HTC won't get the short end of the stick (one typical user paid subscription = 8 player LAN/H2H arena, offer an attractive package for any "computer cafe" or of the like operators, IE: $25.99 a month = 32 player capped LAN/H2H arena).

I'm sure they're going to revisit the feature in teh future, but there's a lot of other priorities they want to work on first.

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline tassos

• Nickel Member
      • Free Warbids Arena
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »
I Started to Hate Cheaters ans Ha..... since they used free 8 players arena to make they uncool Videos.
That was not good for HTC Buisnes
Free 8 Players arena will never come Back :(
in the Beginning free 8 players arena was for test Terains,clouds,screenshots....
Living Aces High from Sep 1999 as ATZE,MrROX,and from Feb 2000 as tassos
Quit: OPEN /Google:48°58'22.40"N 10°8'15.30"E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCq22Vpa18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsVxFycRZo
Aces High be a part...

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 06:27:54 PM »
I know where tassos lives! :-D
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 06:39:31 PM »
I used to play Aces high ALOT more until the 8 player was no longer available! when my subsciption ran out I would play that! and I love alittle STRIGHT UP ACTION! take off 'n' fire! and the reason I started playing was becuase i heard about the free 8 player! I think it wasn't the smartest idea to discontinue this option! I loved it! soo! I was hoping to start a little poll! Post if you miss or would like 8 playr to come back and mabey why! hopfully Hightechcreations withh take this into account! thanks! :)

Too much sugar in your diet?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline haasehole

• Copper Member
      • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The13thMidwestPilotGroup/
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 09:47:36 AM »
still hopeing they bring it back even if only for those paying. it was great to put up diffrent maps and enviroments
~GELU~CRUOR~IUGUOLO~o2b1ace~
             13 Midwest Pilot Group
                  WD40 - F.S.O.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »
Back then I used to make a few terrains. Was a lot of fun. Shuff's Pradise used to get a lot of use.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 10:36:57 AM »
I'm pretty sure HTC has said at some point he'd like to bring the 8 Player arenas back, but likely not for free (i.e. under subscription plan).

I wonder if maybe they'd do a tiered billing system where for.. let's say 9.95 you could do the 8 player arenas (bumped up to 16?), and for the full price any arena. Though, I'd be curious if that meant more full price members going cheap, or more non-subscribers going to 9.95... dunno the answer to that one.

I liked the H2H arenas once in a while for the extra features some had (such as wind), but when you ran across a bad one... boy was it bad and no fun at all.
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »
thought id wack this already beaten and dead horse with a stick  :rolleyes:
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 10:43:01 AM »
Shuff's Pradise used to get a lot of use.

TMI  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 10:48:39 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DdogfightD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 05:16:05 PM »
You gotta hand it to H2H it did allow some of the weirdest people in creation to play, anyone remember Bearing? 70 % of the world's lies where told by this guy  :lol
I used to play that so much when I closed my eyes to sleep at night I had retina burns from the tracers! (a down side of unlimited ammo!) and the H2H board on the BBS was hands down the funniest board to read  :D
Haha!! Bearing I remeber him! lol he would tell stories about how he was in world war to and flu in teh B-52 bomber? Huuuu... not in world war 2?? lol what a guy! xD

Offline DdogfightD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 05:20:10 PM »
Well also I thought that it was a great way to bring customers in a mean the free week trial? never worked for me i got a day next day it told me to subscribe... but still free or not i loved that game mode way to awsome!

Oh and playing with friend who don't subscribe that was cool to! like i could play a map and kick there butts every day! xD and since they just weren't intressed in paying well they didn't and could fool around every now n then!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 05:29:12 PM »
Haha!! Bearing I remeber him! lol he would tell stories about how he was in world war to and flu in teh B-52 bomber? Huuuu... not in world war 2?? lol what a guy! xD

He told me once he was trained as a ninja, that was when I friendly with him I changed my id and shot him down he then informed me I should watch out because he had been in prison blah blah  :lol I never heard the B-52 one, I'm sure he had a million and one lies to tell! He made up a new one every time you logged on haha  :banana:

Offline DdogfightD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »
He told me once he was trained as a ninja, that was when I friendly with him I changed my id and shot him down he then informed me I should watch out because he had been in prison blah blah  :lol I never heard the B-52 one, I'm sure he had a million and one lies to tell! He made up a new one every time you logged on haha  :banana:

I know he was soo funny lol yeah there were more then just thoughs lies :P He had millions! and he had lies for when you cought him in lies! haha  :lol  5 bucks says he was on his computer  :headscratch: thing away find something to sound cool, he might have been like 10? or 40... I'll never know.. :P

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 05:39:55 PM »
 I know he was soo funny lol yeah there were more then just thoughs lies :P He had millions! and he had lies for when you cought him in lies! haha  :lol  5 bucks says he was on his computer  :headscratch: thing away find something to sound cool, he might have been like 10? or 40... I'll never know.. :P

I remember 8spade when he was in H2H I used to hate him for running down my dora in his la7 and I'd be typing abuse to him like a n00b!! I also used to give a guy called raptor an unjustified hard time for owning me in his 38! was such a n00b! unlimited ammo sprayyyyy  :lol good times