Author Topic: 30mm rubber projectiles...  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
30mm rubber projectiles...
« on: February 24, 2010, 01:38:42 PM »
This short clip says it all.http://www.rubricum.com/files/toughbuff.ahf There is no proper modelling for damages caused by massive projectiles.
First pass is successful with 4-5 hits on engines and body. The second pass is pain. I counted 10 hits at least...that buff hardly damaged at all.
Just to keep that in mind, here is the IRL-version of one single MK108 shot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPWlYhfhLrI

Comments?
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: 30mm rubber projectiles...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »
My favorite is the Granity.  The Frozen Gaboo comes in a close second. 

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:57:24 PM »
              THis a tried and true complaint, there is a 30 page thread around here somewhere with Tater duds and damage gripes......

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 02:05:22 PM »
yep 37mm yak rounds do this too on occasion.
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
-AoM-

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »
Small taters.  I hit a lanc in the wingroot with a punkin' from a 25h....had to shoot him again to make the wing fall off  :furious.  Until the bug(s) are fixed, live with it or don't fly spud-chuckers i guess.  :headscratch:

Fight Like a Girl

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 03:04:41 PM »
I'm not saying there isn't a problem.... But I'm also not saying there is one......

The only thing I will say.....

Hit Sprites DO NOT count as anything other than possible contact to target.

I think anyways.............   :headscratch:

BUT..... To make an accurate test somebody needs to go offline and film some setups with the tater.  That way lag is out of the equation. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:07:38 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 03:46:57 PM »
I'm not saying there isn't a problem.... But I'm also not saying there is one......

The only thing I will say.....

I think anyways.............   :headscratch:

BUT..... To make an accurate test somebody needs to go offline and film some setups with the tater.  That way lag is out of the equation. 

Is there an easter egg to enable a local lan fight using AH where lag is less than a 1ms? This could also help with the issue.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »
AGREED............. Bring back LAN play!!! 

Is there an easter egg to enable a local lan fight using AH where lag is less than a 1ms? This could also help with the issue.

But to answer your query........  no.   :cry
See Rule #4

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 04:20:41 PM »

It a thread some time ago...one of the HTC employee's (not sure which, so not guessing) said that a hit sprite was a registered hit...on the guy getting hit.  I do not have the time to dig up the thread...I am sure somebody could.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 04:25:29 PM »
 :huh ..... Heck, you're right.... I was thinking about that other thread from way back about the size of sprites and how to tell the diff between .303's / .50's / 20mm and so on........  And HTC (not sure who either) stated that the sprites cannot tell you which ammo did the damage. 

It a thread some time ago...one of the HTC employee's (not sure which, so not guessing) said that a hit sprite was a registered hit...on the guy getting hit.  I do not have the time to dig up the thread...I am sure somebody could.

:salute
See Rule #4

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,156044.0.html

think it is page 4 or 5, hitech talks about this...

difference now is (I think) that the other thread started by grizz has a few films showing 30mm hits on planes...with no apparent damage...the thread in the link above didnt have anyone post film.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:35:37 PM by killnu »
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »
Everyone does remember HiTech is reworking the damage model for the next release? Something about increasing the number of damage points.

Last week I flew an offline experiment that is easy for any of you to duplicate. I set ammo to 10x then upped a K4. My goal was to fly in-line behind the cons 75- 200yd back with full zoom to watch the damage from firing one 30mm at a time.

B24 - I began at the wing tips working in starting from the left. Until I hit between the two engines only pieces like ailerons fell off with football size flashes. When the outer wing panel with engine fell off the inner engine or wing might begin burning. If you hit just behind the inner engine on top of the wing you get a fire. I changed to the right wing tip with the same results. Because the fire and smoke from both sides remaining wing stubs were obscuring my view at 75d-200d I then used a single 30mm to break off each wing stub clearing the fire and smoke. Using single shots I dismantled the tail section. Single shots broke off the rudders and stabilisers. Then single shots broke each half of the remaining rudder and stabiliser "H" from the fuselage. After placing 5 single shots into the aft body section behind the wing root with no visible damage, I placed one round into the wing root exploding the B24 fuselage. By working the aircraft with single shots it seems you can map the current damage points.

P51 - Working from wing tips in, ailerons fall off then either a wheel assembly or flap falls off or the wing snaps off. The rudder and stabiliser break off easily with single shots. The aft fuselage section absorbs rounds. Hit forward into the wing root and the P51 explodes.

190D9 - Similar wing damage to the 51 but you have to be much more precise in shot placement. Almost seems like hits don't register unless you hit very specific small areas on the wing. Tail section and aft fuselage the same as the 51, but again your shots need to be much more precise. A single 30mm into and forward of the wing root explodes the 190D9. Cutting the D9 apart one 30mm at a time required very precise placement apposed to the B24 and P51.

P38 - Working from the wing tips in you had to be very precise and land hits on the surface planes of the wings not into the trailing edges. Ailerons would fall off to a single will placed 30mm. The outside wing panel would fall off if hit on center just outside of the boom. The booms did not destroy hitting in the aft. The tail section needed precise shot placements onto surfaces, not edges. Hitting the booms in the forward section most often caused flame and smoke. Hitting the inner wing sections and pilot pod on center cause the P38 to explode.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 09:03:03 PM »
Perhaps this subject is what inspired the new upcoming damage system.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns