Author Topic: ***Mission: Attrition***  (Read 13441 times)

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
Re: ***Mission: Attrition***
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2010, 02:02:15 PM »
Hey Ranger,

I am not the best computer geek. I was able to download the files and place them in the proper folder but when I try to open them it says it does not have a .res file associated and cant open. Any suggestions.

EZRhino

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2010, 02:30:55 PM »
Ok ranger i think i got it figured out for down load. however i cannot find the terrain it needs in the chose terrain of the offline missions.

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2010, 02:33:08 PM »
Make sure the terrian .res files are in the AHIITER folder.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Sniff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2010, 02:44:03 PM »
Copy that, one thousand thank you's :)

no problem!

Offline Sniff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2010, 02:46:07 PM »
Hey does any know from where i can get a good sound pack for aces high 2 version 2.17 patch 3?

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2010, 02:49:32 PM »
i got it to work but my computer crashes after about 15mins!!!!  :mad:   :mad:  :mad:  :mad:   :mad:  :mad:  :cry   :cry   :cry   :cry
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2010, 02:51:41 PM »
Hey does any know from where i can get a good sound pack for aces high 2 version 2.17 patch 3?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,184203.0.html
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Offline Sniff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2010, 03:40:31 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,184203.0.html

thanks

I downloaded a sound pak, but i don't know how to get it to work! Can you explain to me step by step how i should put it in my aces high sounds folder?

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2010, 03:55:32 PM »
thanks

I downloaded a sound pak, but i don't know how to get it to work! Can you explain to me step by step how i should put it in my aces high sounds folder?

Go into your main aces high folder (after you've got the sound pack unzipped), create a folder if there is not already one named "sounds". Take all the sounds from the sound pack, and place them in the "sounds" folder. That should over ride the defualt sounds. :)
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Offline Sniff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »
Go into your main aces high folder (after you've got the sound pack unzipped), create a folder if there is not already one named "sounds". Take all the sounds from the sound pack, and place them in the "sounds" folder. That should over ride the defualt sounds. :)

Thanks man, i got it now! PS, i downloaded a skin but for some reason i can't use it offline?

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2010, 07:05:38 PM »
Until the mission editor gets a fix, I would advise only playing these working missions:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,287915.msg3652965.html#msg3652965

This mission, Attrition, will crash at the warp point until we get a fix.

As for a soundpack install, you download the pack, unzip it & then place this new Sounds folder into your AHII folder, replacing the default empty Sounds folder, too easy.

Sniff, as for the skin, where did you download it, did you unzip it if necessary & where in the game folders did you put it?  It needs to be in your AHII/Skins folder.

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2010, 02:36:04 PM »
I noticed when playing the Rune's Rumble2 mission I got the freeze as I tried to take off the first Spit8 on the list, but when picking any of them below it worked fine.. Tried it several times and every time it was the same, got stuck on the runway and had to shut down my computer to get out of the game.

Really looking forward to playing all your missions when they get fixed. They look like they are awesome fun to play.  :aok

TheStig

Offline Sniff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2010, 06:12:10 AM »
Until the mission editor gets a fix, I would advise only playing these working missions:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,287915.msg3652965.html#msg3652965

This mission, Attrition, will crash at the warp point until we get a fix.

As for a soundpack install, you download the pack, unzip it & then place this new Sounds folder into your AHII folder, replacing the default empty Sounds folder, too easy.

Sniff, as for the skin, where did you download it, did you unzip it if necessary & where in the game folders did you put it?  It needs to be in your AHII/Skins folder.

Thanks for the explanation ranger, here is the link from where i downloaded the skin from: http://www.netaces.org/skins/skins.htm

It was my first time downloading a skin and it wasn't in a zipped folder. I put the skin in my Skins folder after downloading it, but from some reason when i go to hangar and click on the skin it won't show up, only the default skin comes up? Why is that? Are we not allowed to use skins in offline missions/practices? The skins that i downloaded was a BF 109 f4

regards

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2010, 07:14:55 PM »
It is my understanding that you can not use skins you download as *.res files offline, unless you downloaded them in the background while you were playing online. I assume you do not have a payed online account, so you will not be able to use skins offline, sorry  :frown:
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Offline Sniff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2010, 06:17:28 AM »
It is my understanding that you can not use skins you download as *.res files offline, unless you downloaded them in the background while you were playing online. I assume you do not have a payed online account, so you will not be able to use skins offline, sorry  :frown:

Thanks Baron! So have you finally got the version 2.17 patch 3 working?