Author Topic: Is it me?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Is it me?
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 08:06:23 PM »
Something I find helpful..and has been helpful to others I have suggested it to is...don't go in for the kill...go in for the fight, especially when you know you have time....yes you want to kill the con, and in a lot of cases sooner rather than later...but if you get into the mindset of get him...hit him...you could quite often be putting yourself into and inferior position by forcing your way to getting guns on...much as Krusty said...don't look for the closest easiest looking con...he could just be bait....
Watch your surroundings and most of all try to out fly rather than out gun....From the sounds you already have a reasonable grasp on acm...try not to get hooked up on the hype of a big (low) score.( at this early stage in any case)

May I suggest you have a look through this thread also
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,284878.0.html
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:12:08 PM by SPKmes »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 08:09:11 PM »
Looks like a clue right there. [RE: breaking lots of sticks]

I think the clue he refers to is that you are using too harsh stick movements. Smooth and gentle touch is what it may need to improve your game. Get into something a bit more challenging than the Spit8 and you will notice how much a smooth hand is required. Yank n bank in a spitfire is so fun, but it is a great way to learn bad habbits.

good hunting mate!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »
Something I find helpful..and has been helpful to others I have suggested it to is...don't go in for the kill...go in for the fight, especially when you know you have time....yes you want to kill the con, and in a lot of cases sooner rather than later...but if you get into the mindset of get him...hit him...you could quite often be putting yourself into and inferior position by forcing your way to getting guns on...much as Krusty said...don't look for the closest easiest looking con...he could just be bait....
Watch your surroundings and most of all try to out fly rather than out gun....From the sounds you already have a reasonable grasp on acm...try not to get hooked up on the hype of a big (low) score.

May I suggest you have a look through this thread also
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,284878.0.html
A very good pilot told me fly like you are bingo ammo. Why? Where is the safest place to be when a guy is trying to get a gun solution on you? His 6, also the best place to keel him.
See Rule #4

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2010, 09:18:07 PM »
Danny whats your in game name?

Like many have said, score is NOT important. The reason being is it is easily manipulated. Many of the top pilots have crappy scores because they only fly fighters and suck in everything else.... well we can hope they suck in everything else just for our egos sake  :D

However you can use your score as a bench mark to see where you need to improve.....as long as your honest and are not trying to tweak your scores. If your hit % sucks it could be and aiming issue, a convergence issue, or your just not taking shots that have a chance of landing.

If your kills per hour is high, but your kills to death low your either flying in furballs all the time right off your field, or you get into fight well and shoot down people, but your SA sucks and you get picked often.

This game is hard to get good at. The are so many variables you have to take into consideration that it is very easy to forget a few and end up dead. Just to take a good shot on someone you have to know your planes speed, attitude, G load, gun ballistics, enemy planes speed, "angle off your nose" , plane of motion, most likely direction he will take in the time from your trigger pull until convergence. Thats almost a dozen thing to process each second JUST TO SHOOT ! Not to mention getting to a fight, evaluating the situation, picking targets, defending your self, and so on and so on.

Coming on the boards and saying "I suck at this" is like a race car driver telling his crew chief his car is slow. Not enough information. Krusty's suggestion of telling us what you do from setting up your plane to lift off to landing is a great start. The more detailed the better the feed back. Film a few flights and post them. People are more than willing to watch them and try and help you out.

Lots of people here are willing to help, USE THEM !

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 10:01:01 PM »
Danny, this game takes a hell of a  lot of practise- just performing some of the ACM can take some time to get right (been here over 2 years, still getting my backside kicked often). If you see me online (bearing in mind I'm a below average pilot), look me up, and we'll get into trouble early and often. We'll still die a lot, but maybe I can spot something that was causing me issues earlier on - I can talk a good game lol....but fly like a brick.

Take all the advice given in this thread, a trainer would be a really good idea and they are willing to work with you should you wish.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 10:08:01 PM »
Danny there is a load to learn. The frustration will tear you to pieces if you let it.

Find one part of the game you enjoy and concentrate on doing it better.
Remember, every flys, everyone dies. Yes even Hitech.

Greed kills.

Last thing, sometimes what you can't do with brute force, old age, treachery, and a touch of sneaky can.

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 10:39:58 PM »

Greed kills.

Last thing, sometimes what you can't do with brute force, old age, treachery, and a touch of sneaky can.

Wise in the ways of the Force you are great old one!

Fight Like a Girl

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2010, 11:05:14 PM »
Didn't see anybody mention it, but FILM your sorties and review both your kills and your deaths.   Go into the cockpit view of your opponent and see what that move you are making looks like from his point of view.
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 11:51:25 PM »
Hey Danny,
 are you in a squad ? if not that would be a shame..... I was recruited about my third tour.
befor that i was hopeless and still not far off from that now but the tips i have gotten by being in
a squad have made the game so much more fun. they helped me set up my box, vox and taught me some basic acm and management skills so i didn't die every time.
   just dont get discouraged and quit. someone said here already.....JUST HAVE FUN !!! the getting better part comes in time.
for me , my score has improved with every tour and i have good days and plenty of bad days but it's kinda like golf,
I get one great shot and the rest of the day could be bad but that one good shot makes me wanna come back tomorrow and try again .

I hate this game sometimes but it's what i dreamed of sines i was a kid so i cant stop.

ok, my 2 cent's 

1 dump the combat trim.
2 dump stall limiter.
3 turn off tracers.
4 learn the planes and there capability's
5 learn to use the various trim features and hot key them.
 you wanna ever have a fighting chance against guys like souless and delerium and there likes.
learn to fly with all that crap off.

PS, kill the twin engine birds first...... jk 

that is all  :salute

froger
frogs are people too

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 03:13:52 AM »
UK based ?   I would suggest you find a squad with fellow countrymen and if they have the time to train you they will. 

You can only troll around the MA getting ganged for so long.  Start with a stick similar to your skill level and duel them.  When you can beat them you find someone even better and so on so forth. 

Then you will reach Kazaa and he will kill you everytime regardless  :P
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 05:11:55 AM »
Do what I do.

Find someone really good eg: Grizz or AKAK and then act all cokcy. Get them to beat the crap out of me and then learn from them. Become friends with them while doing it and then go into MA and as DrBone put it "Club them like baby seals".

After doing that add your own twist on it and jump into every fight you see. More fun that way  :D
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"