Author Topic: ENY AGAIN  (Read 2148 times)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
ENY AGAIN
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:51:43 PM »
Link ENY to score not numbers.

If you have 20 guys in one country with a K/D ratio of 15:1 that should be greater cause for plane limitation than to have 50 newbs getting eaten up by 262 and tempest toting aces, without a chance of fightback because they can only up a Spit 1
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: ENY AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:05:22 PM »

If you have 20 guys in one country with a K/D ratio of 15:1 that should be greater cause for plane limitation than to have 50 newbs getting eaten up by 262 and tempest toting aces, without a chance of fightback because they can only up a Spit 1

First find a way to link score reliably to skill, then come back and ask again to link score to ENY.
Second, don't make up stories. There is NO way you could up "only Spit 1". ENY never gets >30, and on TT it very rarely gets above >15-20 (and only for very short times). You don't help your cause by exaggerating. (Which goes also for "20 guys with k/D 15:1 in one country")

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:13:12 PM »

First find a way to link score reliably to skill, then come back and ask again to link score to ENY.
Second, don't make up stories. There is NO way you could up "only Spit 1". ENY never gets >30, and on TT it very rarely gets above >15-20 (and only for very short times). You don't help your cause by exaggerating. (Which goes also for "20 guys with k/D 15:1 in one country")

Calm down to a frenzy, OK, so i exaggerated the Spit 1, but not the Spit 5. Not the Hurri MK1, I'm pretty poor no matter what the A/c, but i think that if you are going to limit aircraft choice, which i disagree with, it should be limited to the guys who obviously have more skills than the majority, and use that way to even the playing field, rather than limit the guys of every skill simply on the virtue of which virtual country they and their buddies are in.

The GFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 06:18:25 PM »
Calm down to a frenzy, OK, so i exaggerated the Spit 1, but not the Spit 5. Not the Hurri MK1, I'm pretty poor no matter what the A/c, but i think that if you are going to limit aircraft choice, which i disagree with, it should be limited to the guys who obviously have more skills than the majority, and use that way to even the playing field, rather than limit the guys of every skill simply on the virtue of which virtual country they and their buddies are in.

Max ENY is 30.
ENY >20 is quite rare and is the result of extreme hording in the first place.
Hurri 1 has ENY 40. Spit V has 25, but so has the 109G-14.

And again: How do you determine a pilot's skill level?

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 06:19:40 PM »
Max ENY is 30.
ENY >20 is quite rare and is the result of extreme hording in the first place.
Hurri 1 has ENY 40. Spit V has 25, but so has the 109G-14.

And again: How do you determine a pilot's skill level?

How do you?
The GFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 06:21:06 PM »
How do you?

Why should I? It's not me who is asking to link ENY to skill.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 06:26:23 PM »
Good of you, bearing in mind your platinum member rating, to be so helpful.

Kindly bear with me, i'm not an idiot, as i'm certain you are not, but the fact is that it's always repeated in forums and vox/chat, that it is the pilot not the plane.

I'm certain you could shoot down my spit14 in a spit1, i've met you rarely but you always won irrespective of the ride.

I would suggest and i imagine you would agree, that there are good sticks, poor sticks, and the majority are mediocre.

What i suggest would give the poor guys better chance against the mediocre guys, the middling guys a better chance against the top guys, and the top and mediocre guys would get more of a challenge.
The GFC

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 06:31:56 PM »

I'm sorry. I missed the reason you and your buddies couldn't switch countries and even up the numbers and maybe get to fly some cheap perk planes for awhile.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 06:33:14 PM »
fly mid or early war planes in the Latewar.............. problem solved
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 06:39:57 PM »
I'm sorry. I missed the reason you and your buddies couldn't switch countries and even up the numbers and maybe get to fly some cheap perk planes for awhile.

Perked planes do not make any difference if you are only a poor/mid level pilot, perk planes only give good pilots a greater adavantage. I get some decent kills in spit 8/9, sometimes in c2/5's, fm2's etc. I may as well not bother with Tiff's i'm not good at bnz despite trying, I've killed a 262 in a spit but only on a snap front 1/4 hard rudder shot. But 1 on 1, 2 on 1 with equal machines i don't fare too badly.
The GFC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »
It's not just the pilot. It's not just the plane. It's the combination of how the pilot uses the plane, and what attributes that plane enhances on the pilot.

A pilot in a plane with a lot of horsepower can climb, use yo-yos, etc. A plane with docile stall characteristics can keep a ham-fisted pilot in the air longer.

So a perk plane benefits a newbie and a veteran just the same. It gives him the same benefits, he just has to use it in a way that works (for both the pilot and the plane).

Perk planes more often than not benefit newbies who use that advantage the plane gives without really piloting it in effective ways. That's why you see a lot of newbies that have no skill in tempests, or c-hogs, and so on.

After a certain point, the "more skilled" players can get the same results with lesser-performing aircraft.

Thus you could say perk planes do NOT benefit the veterans nearly as much as they do the newbies.

But they sure are fun  :joystick: :cool:

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 06:51:45 PM »
Perked planes do not make any difference if you are only a poor/mid level pilot, perk planes only give good pilots a greater adavantage. I get some decent kills in spit 8/9, sometimes in c2/5's, fm2's etc. I may as well not bother with Tiff's i'm not good at bnz despite trying, I've killed a 262 in a spit but only on a snap front 1/4 hard rudder shot. But 1 on 1, 2 on 1 with equal machines i don't fare too badly.

I didn't say you HAD to fly perk planes. I asked why you didn't grab your friends and switch to the outnumbered side and make the ENY penalty less severe or disappear completely?

If, by your argument, you want 1 vs.1 with equal machines...well..you're going to have to even up the teams. That's exacly what the ENY system is in place to do.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:54:01 PM by Blooz »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
Well i'm an effective Newb, i rarely if ever take up a perk plane, i have a load of points but i have flown 262's and 163's, tempest's, etc in training arena's and just can't do it. I cannot imagine how you can see a newb being shored up by a good plane, surely they're all in newbfires?
The GFC

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 06:53:50 PM »
The thing is, that you're assuming there isn't a fairly even distribution of players of all score levels across the countries...
I don't think that, even if it were tied to score, it would make any difference.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »
quit flying for the horde and you wont have ENY problems  :aok
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9