Author Topic: ENY AGAIN  (Read 2147 times)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: ENY AGAIN
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 07:00:33 PM »
Who's flying for the horde, Knights are rarely the Horde, but i've experienced ENY everywhere. And the point i was making is that the best pilots get the best planes, the newbs fly the best they can get, and get picked and vulched and/or outflown when the perky pilots e is gone.

Wouldn't it be fair to make all a/c available? or limit the best pilots selection to even the playing field?

It certainly appears that many posting against ENY being score related, would like to have a well stocked country flying obsolete a/c, flown by newbies to pad their already swollen scores with?
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »
why u so worried about score? score means crap. most of the best players in the game arent even in the top 100. LOL i challenged a top 20 to DA just a couple days ago and the guy wussed out. Score does not = skill.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »
It certainly appears that many posting against ENY being score related, would like to have a well stocked country flying obsolete a/c, flown by newbies to pad their already swollen scores with?
When all else fails, call anyone who disagrees with you a scoretard :aok

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 07:05:03 PM »
spit 5, b239, c205 are all very capable aircraft if ENY gets high. Try them out, you may be surprised how well you do.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »
why u so worried about score? score means crap. most of the best players in the game arent even in the top 100. LOL i challenged a top 20 to DA just a couple days ago and the guy wussed out. Score does not = skill.

AAAAAAANNNNNDDD here we go again. No one cares about score?, it's no way of judging skill?, well just type "score" into the bulletin board search engine, you'll find that no-one cares about it ever.

The same number of guys who HO, vulch and pick in actual fact. Score in AH is like money in real life, the only ones who don't think about it are the ones who've got it.

I am not asking to be top 20, top 500 might be nice, and i want the chance to do it, not to get ho'd repeatedly by a temp, or shot up by a 262 when i'm wounded on the way home. Only to have the same guy vulch me on another field 5k away 45 secs later as i re upped
The GFC

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 07:12:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure that my score actually sucks....

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 07:15:13 PM »
fly mid or early war planes in the Latewar.............. problem solved
I think this may be your answer Danny76. Start off with less & work your way up.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »
AAAAAAANNNNNDDD here we go again. No one cares about score?, it's no way of judging skill?, well just type "score" into the bulletin board search engine, you'll find that no-one cares about it ever.

The same number of guys who HO, vulch and pick in actual fact. Score in AH is like money in real life, the only ones who don't think about it are the ones who've got it.

I am not asking to be top 20, top 500 might be nice, and i want the chance to do it, not to get ho'd repeatedly by a temp, or shot up by a 262 when i'm wounded on the way home. Only to have the same guy vulch me on another field 5k away 45 secs later as i re upped

You need to look into how the scoring works. What you describe won't generate a great score in AH. The guys that understand score are the ones in the C47 dropping troops, in the bombers hitting targets, in PT boats hitting carriers or bases. Shooting down other planes is just a fraction (a small one) of your score.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 07:28:41 PM »
spit 5, b239, c205 are all very capable aircraft if ENY gets high. Try them out, you may be surprised how well you do.

got nearly 70 perks last night with 2 sorties in a 205. 5 kills each. 1 ended in a 1 shot pilot death from the town ack the other time i got stupid and tried to vulch a yak trying to land and got killed by either a flak or something just taking off.. couldnt really tell.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »
I think this may be your answer Danny76. Start off with less & work your way up.

Appreciated, but how does this help when i'm finally in a alt and speed position to get the drop on a cannon corsair, but i have to make do with 0.303's, won't make me a better pilot, i'll just be more dead.

And i really couldn't give a toss about score, i just want to face guys on an equal footing.
The GFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 07:38:41 PM »

Appreciated, but how does this help when i'm finally in a alt and speed position to get the drop on a cannon corsair, but i have to make do with 0.303's, won't make me a better pilot, i'll just be more dead.

There is no ENY situation where you get relegated to using .303s only. There are quite a number of high ENY planes with strong armament. It's not just a Tempest-or-HurriI situation.

190A8 2x30mm, 2x20mm, 2x 13mm - ENY 25
109F & G 20mm (Did you know that these two can turn with a Spit 16?) - ENY 30
109G14 30mm or 20mm - ENY 25
109K-4 30mm and fastest prop plane 8k-24k (yes, faster than a Temp) - ENY 20
Speaking of corsair: F4U-1, 6x0.50, ENY 25
P-47D-11: 8x .0.50, ENY 25
B-239: 4x 0.50 - ENY 30

ENY never forces you into a Hurri I or Spit I.. These birds are being used deliberately for fun only.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 07:45:53 PM »

And i really couldn't give a toss about score, i just want to face guys on an equal footing.

Since we don't die for real, alot of us use the experience of getting sent to the tower to improve. This can take many different paths but ultimately comes down to study. Study .ahf films, study tactics, study plane performance charts, practice things in the TA and DA.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
There is no ENY situation where you get relegated to using .303s only. There are quite a number of high ENY planes with strong armament. It's not just a Tempest-or-HurriI situation.

190A8 2x30mm, 2x20mm, 2x 13mm - ENY 25
109F & G 20mm (Did you know that these two can turn with a Spit 16?) - ENY 30
109G14 30mm or 20mm - ENY 25
109K-4 30mm and fastest prop plane 8k-24k (yes, faster than a Temp) - ENY 20
Speaking of corsair: F4U-1, 6x0.50, ENY 25
P-47D-11: 8x .0.50, ENY 25
B-239: 4x 0.50 - ENY 30

ENY never forces you into a Hurri I or Spit I.. These birds are being used deliberately for fun only.

Thank you, but I AM NOT VERY GOOD AT THIS, only just learning a spit8, can't do the permanent barrell rolling things or BnZ of all those you mentioned, excepting the brewster and jug i may as welll not take off
The GFC

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 07:51:20 PM »
Thank you, but I AM NOT VERY GOOD AT THIS, only just learning a spit8, can't do the permanent barrell rolling things or BnZ of all those you mentioned, excepting the brewster and jug i may as welll not take off
109f4 is almost spit like...try it.
See Rule #4

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 08:14:32 PM »
109f4 is almost spit like...try it.
Agreed :aok You could also use the 109G2 is a great turn fighter & when defending a base from Carrier based aircraft it will hold it's own if you fly it right. Not to mention you can tack on the gondolas & you have 3x20 mm cannons.