Author Topic: WW1 Arena Observation  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
Re: WW1 Arena Observation
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2010, 12:43:46 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:35:25 AM by Skuzzy »
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2010, 12:47:25 AM »
Simply put WWI lacks any excitement value.

I winged Hub, Bronk, SoonerMP and RoughOne on Wednesday night.   I haven't had as much fun in years.   The ONLY gripe were two very large squads on Rooks flying like a giant amoeba.   However, that amoeba was easily countered by better ACM.   Most spray n pray while I just seemed to get all the breaks.   I dove into a 5 on 1, shot down 3 and rtb'd.   Although, all of us couldn't help but mock the cherry pickers hovering at 6+k.  

I guess what I'd like to say is this.   Keep the dweebarse crap out of the WWI arenas.   If it's a whorde you're looking for, head to the "Win t3h W0r" Arenas.  

In closing:    :salute   Hub, Bronk, SoonerMP and RoughOne.   It was a blast and hopefully we can do that again soon.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2010, 12:53:38 AM »
Just gave it a try , doubt I'll be going back.  I hope it pans out and is a good testing board for improvements in the WWII side of things, but think it will end up somewhere between EW and the DA for numbers.  Perhaps a better move would have been to do a Korean war arena with the Sabre Vs. Mig and the Navy F9F Panther. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2010, 12:56:10 AM »
it was insanely fun, but I admit for the first time I really wanted to strangle someone, made me so PO'd...

I was getting ganged hard, so a squadie and myself roll from a different field and on 200 ask if anyone wants a "fair" fight, so my squadie is all ready engaged with one con, so I fly past them watching the fight progress, it is quit thrilling, so happens my squadie augers into the ground (which im sure many of us did  :rofl) so I engage the nme con, what ensues is an absolute insanely awesome fight, twisting and turning, stalling and just barely recovering in time, over and around we go, up and down back and forth with NO HO's, a truly great "Dogfight"....so I see a "friendly" con heading towards us, I ask for him to NOT engage the con I am fighting, he still tries to kill the guy I am fighting, so I break off, I am so PO'd the guy is lucky we were not in the same room, so I reem him out on local, he just says something about me whining,
   THATS the kind of crap that ruins this game.

its sux because HTC put together an amazing game and tards like that are making it very lame.

You guys sound like you expected a new thought process along with the ww1 arena like it was some sort of package deal. Just cause its ww1 doesnt mean there will be "game honor".
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »
Simply put WWI lacks any excitement value.

Simply put, this is Shuffler's typical response to a thread like this.  :lol

In all honesty, I love the fights here in WW1. Three days of flying WW1, I can say that if youre going to fight, you gotta fight like a man. BnZing is basically non existant, and cherry picking is nearly non existant as well since you need to focus your firepower on the pilot to actually bring the plane down swiftly.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »
cherry picking is nearly non existant as well since you need to focus your firepower on the pilot to actually bring the plane down swiftly.

The rumors of cherry picking's demise has been grossly exaggerated.  It is alive and doing very well in the WW1 arena just as it is in the WW2 arenas.

Remember, cherry picking is attacking another player that is already engaged with another bandit.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2010, 01:36:14 PM »
You guys sound like you expected a new thought process along with the ww1 arena like it was some sort of package deal. Just cause its ww1 doesnt mean there will be "game honor".

see that's just it, The Mains have Honor, just hard to find and as time goes bye I have a feeling the tards that have no clue as to what Honor means will end back up in the Mains, and leave the WW1 arenas to those who love the "Dogfight"

at least that is what I hope happens.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »
see that's just it, The Mains have Honor, just hard to find and as time goes bye I have a feeling the tards that have no clue as to what Honor means will end back up in the Mains, and leave the WW1 arenas to those who love the "Dogfight"

at least that is what I hope happens.

I agree, once the shine comes off the new toy.  I expect to see the numbers even out, somewhere between the EW and DA arena numbers.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2010, 02:01:13 PM »
The rumors of cherry picking's demise has been grossly exaggerated.  It is alive and doing very well in the WW1 arena just as it is in the WW2 arenas.

Remember, cherry picking is attacking another player that is already engaged with another bandit.

ack-ack

I think its pretty safe to say that the very vast majority of kills had in a furball Be they in WWI, WWII or any other war that involves a bunch of people fighting the flight sim equivalent of bumper cars (which is basically all a furball really is) is by cherry pick unless you only work the fringes and stay out of the middle of the blob.

I enjoy the furball and enjoy the WWI arena.
My only complaint with WWI is more on the players then the game.
Everyone seems to congregate 100 feet or less off the deck.

Personally I think it would be more fun with a bunch of planes with more or less even numbers  meeting up at around 5K in a sort of duel of the skies as opposed to a duel in the dirt.
Then you could use alt to gain some E to do those overhead loops and othr circus like areobatics
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »

ack-ack

Which is exactly how the Red Baron got many of his kills.  Its a natural part of air combat.

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »
I think its pretty safe to say that the very vast majority of kills had in a furball Be they in WWI, WWII or any other war that involves a bunch of people fighting the flight sim equivalent of bumper cars (which is basically all a furball really is) is by cherry pick unless you only work the fringes and stay out of the middle of the blob.

I enjoy the furball and enjoy the WWI arena.
My only complaint with WWI is more on the players then the game.
Everyone seems to congregate 100 feet or less off the deck.

Personally I think it would be more fun with a bunch of planes with more or less even numbers  meeting up at around 5K in a sort of duel of the skies as opposed to a duel in the dirt.
Then you could use alt to gain some E to do those overhead loops and othr circus like areobatics

sounds like a blast, something you should try to get going, I would be so up for that :aok

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2010, 02:19:29 PM »
Looks like Kungfu is #1, I know scores dont count but it is interesting.  13 kills per death, 20 kills per hour.

Friggin awesome, aint nuthin boring bout dat homey.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »
Looks like Kungfu is #1, I know scores dont count but it is interesting.  13 kills per death, 20 kills per hour.

Friggin awesome, aint nuthin boring bout dat homey.

Great Score Potatos. :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2010, 02:36:50 PM »
would like to see him maintain that in a camel  :D
The Few ***
F.P.H