Author Topic: Where's WWI going from here?  (Read 19787 times)

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Re: Where's WWI going from here?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 03:11:22 PM »
I guess I'd like to see Barrage balloons for all 3 sides in the center. Help bring the furball into the center away from the fields.

Give you something to waste a few rounds on, etc.

I would love to see barrage balloons over fields, and maybe the center could use a little more eye candy. But all in all, I think its a perfect arena for a furball. I havent laughed or had this much fun in a long time.

Please add a few more planes, but dont change a thing. Its a great stress releaver. If you dont like to furball don't but I think the WW I Arena is gonna be around awhile. ;)
It also beats the DA anyday.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 03:14:38 PM »
I would like to see at least one of the three arenas be a historical match up arena with the planes on the correct sides.
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »
Zeppelins would be a good start for targets, and also would make good gunnery platforms for those who don't want to fly but want to shoot. Think "aerial PT Boats". 

A trench system with strafable gun positions would make for good ground fighting, too.
==========

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 03:27:47 PM »
Well here is one change on the way:

hitech
Administrator
Platinum Member

Re: Instant Country Switching in WWI Arenas
« Reply #7 on: Today at 01:56:40 PM » Quote  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Done
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 03:38:22 PM »
For those who don't remember Hitech created Dawn of Aces...the WWI version of Warbirds. We started out with a small plane set and pretty much the same simple gameplay we have now. Eventually more planes were added..artillery,  Zeppelins
for spotting  and ranging artillery etc.

I think we'll  find that things will develop here in a similar fashion.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 03:42:06 PM »
how many perks would one get for all that strafing once the flag war has been won?

and what would they spend it on  :D

I'm guessing those would be tied into your MA perks just like the other arenas, just use them in the LW or MA i guess   :headscratch:    or spend them on wine, women and song at the local pub  :cheers:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »
I propose a simple "capture the flag" system in the ww1 arena.

Located away from the airfield is a destructable object with a flag. The object can be destroyed after so many strafing hits. Once it is destroyed the flag changes to the country that killed the object. There would be many of these spread around the map.

Capturing over 50% (?? 70% or mabey even 100%) of all the flags will win the war and all the flags will reset. I think the flags could reset without the whole arena resetting and disconnecting everyone.

This would promote a more spread out fight, or it could turn into a heated defense/offense for a country to keep their flags. It would require a little strategic thinking to win all the flags.

I guess sort of the same thing as killing the town and dropping troops but without the troops.

+1100%
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 03:51:06 PM »
I propose a simple "capture the flag" system in the ww1 arena.

Located away from the airfield is a destructable object with a flag. The object can be destroyed after so many strafing hits. Once it is destroyed the flag changes to the country that killed the object. There would be many of these spread around the map.

Capturing over 50% (?? 70% or mabey even 100%) of all the flags will win the war and all the flags will reset. I think the flags could reset without the whole arena resetting and disconnecting everyone.

This would promote a more spread out fight, or it could turn into a heated defense/offense for a country to keep their flags. It would require a little strategic thinking to win all the flags.

I guess sort of the same thing as killing the town and dropping troops but without the troops.

By george this guy's got an idea!
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 04:11:51 PM »
Zeppelins would be a good start for targets, and also would make good gunnery platforms for those who don't want to fly but want to shoot. Think "aerial PT Boats". 
Zeppelins was my first thought, also. 

Make these like task groups with Agent 360's capture the flag/destructible object proposal, and it might work.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 05:31:28 PM »
I hope they leave at least one WW1 arena just the way it is now.

Some people just want to fight air to air.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 05:49:06 PM »
By george this guy's got an idea!
capture the flag?  in a ww1 arena?  Lets just play the thing for a few months before we start dreaming up all sorts of crazy ideas to dilute it down to nothing but a cheap arcade style  game......
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 05:58:17 PM »
Add more planes..... sure! but leave the rest as it is!

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:37:17 AM by Skuzzy »
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 06:12:17 PM »
A couple of WWI tanks and a couple of WWI bombers would give the bomber pilots and GVer's something to do and there are some viable options but more fighters are needed first.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 06:38:37 PM »
As predicted, the fun suckers showed up in 2.5 seconds. 

HTC, whatever you do, please leave one WW1 arena for the furballers; Maybe a WW1 DA for us simpletons.  Do whatever you want with the rest.