Author Topic: Where's WWI going from here?  (Read 19788 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Where's WWI going from here?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »
As predicted, the fun suckers showed up in 2.5 seconds. 

HTC, whatever you do, please leave one WW1 arena for the furballers; Maybe a WW1 DA for us simpletons.  Do whatever you want with the rest.

+1 Sluggish.

That's probably the inevitable result of the fun suckers requests.

HT, please............just go ahead and set up a WW1 only Furball Lake. Then give the funsuckers whatever else they want in the WW1 arenas.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 07:00:55 PM »
Ok, my idea is this...  Make an evolving front line (trenches with troops and MG nests).  These "front lines" wouldn't be mannable positions, the troops and MG nests would be destructable though.  As more troops/MG nests were destroyed, the front would slowly creep across the landscape in favor of those doing the most killing of the ground forces.  If the front line crossed an enemy base, voila!  That base is now yours.  This would center the dogfighting over the main fronts of battle, and give us little cartoon people to shoot at(or protect).  For this to work properly we'd need a few bombers added, which would give the buff drivers something in WW1 that they like to do, and it'd give us fighter people more red things to shoot at, while adding an objective to the arena other than the furball.  I may delve into this a bit deeper and make a proper wishlist post.

AAJagerX
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »
I propose a simple "capture the flag" system in the ww1 arena.

Located away from the airfield is a destructable object with a flag. The object can be destroyed after so many strafing hits. Once it is destroyed the flag changes to the country that killed the object. There would be many of these spread around the map.

Capturing over 50% (?? 70% or mabey even 100%) of all the flags will win the war and all the flags will reset. I think the flags could reset without the whole arena resetting and disconnecting everyone.

This would promote a more spread out fight, or it could turn into a heated defense/offense for a country to keep their flags. It would require a little strategic thinking to win all the flags.

I guess sort of the same thing as killing the town and dropping troops but without the troops.
any amount of money says the WWI arena will turn into another DA with only WWI craft used... though this is a good option also...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline newz

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 07:23:59 PM »

Should it be developed similar to current WWII arenas, base takes, bombers,  Gvs,ect
No, No , no!

It's beautiful the way it is.
I can't remember the last time I had so many good fights in a row.

I've got a pretty good feeling the WW1 arena will develop a regular
following of close to 25% of the player base.
Let's face it the only reason to log into the WW1 arena is to engage
in fighter to fighter combat and if you're not logging in for that purpose
why bother?

No capture the flag yet please, can't we just see how this thing plays out?
I hope they leave at least one WW1 arena just the way it is now.
Some people just want to fight air to air.
I couldn't agree more. :aok

Addicted since tour 62.
Formerly "soupkaan", "soupcan", "LTARsoup", "LTARnewz", "Kamito", "newz"

"ENY is the price of admission for your "loyalty"".-Soulyss

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »
I would like to see at least one of the three arenas be a historical match up arena with the planes on the correct sides.

Check out AvA this week.

- oldman

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 07:31:25 PM »
The insanity is amazing. The theater has been up 10 seconds and some clown has deep concerns as to where its going.
Get some sleep.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 07:45:59 PM »
Seems a blast just the way it is.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 07:47:36 PM »
Can I have a K98 for when I bail out?

When will troops be modeled?

Did the C-47 see service in WWI?

How else can we implement troop drops?

How do I drop fighter hangers?

When can we expect manned artillery?

B-29?

Separate "alternate reality" WWI arena with nooks and airships that carry fighters?

How can we incorporate Tron speed bikes?

S.

T.

F.

U.

www.wwiionline.com

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 07:48:07 PM »
Seems a blast just the way it is.

If you like the same gang-tard BS you can get from furball toilet in the DA.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 07:49:26 PM »
Check out AvA this week.

- oldman

Been pretty fun so far. I've yet to be ganged 25 vs 1 yet either! :D

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 07:58:56 PM »
1. Please turn sarcasm filter off before reading the last sentence of my first post in this thread.

2. Furballs, REAL furballs have disappeared from EW, MW, and LW. Completely. Picking, BNZing, HOing and Alt monkey behaviour are not only impractical in the WW1 arenas, they can vary between suicidal and boring.

3. No bomber dweebs to destroy a decent fight and puffy ack that turns string and canvas multi-wing coffins into colanders from which the blood flows freely leaving an exsanguinated corpse to thud pointlessly into the earth below whenever one strays over an enemy base which leads to....

4. No vulching.

Capture the flag? I don't think so Tim. We now have the perfect arenas to learn and perfect ACM and SA in. I don't think there'll only be three people left in the WW1 arenas in a month at all and if I'm proved wrong, well, bite me. :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:23:54 PM by palef »
Retired

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 08:01:39 PM »
More WW2 planes please :salute

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »
I propose a simple "capture the flag" system in the ww1 arena.

Located away from the airfield is a destructable object with a flag. The object can be destroyed after so many strafing hits. Once it is destroyed the flag changes to the country that killed the object. There would be many of these spread around the map.

Capturing over 50% (?? 70% or mabey even 100%) of all the flags will win the war and all the flags will reset. I think the flags could reset without the whole arena resetting and disconnecting everyone.

This would promote a more spread out fight, or it could turn into a heated defense/offense for a country to keep their flags. It would require a little strategic thinking to win all the flags.

I guess sort of the same thing as killing the town and dropping troops but without the troops.

Great idea Agent! I hope something like this is brought to fruition in the future.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »
i could care less for furballing...sure i like a good furball now and then but WWI will need to have bombers and such or else it will just get boring after a while
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson