Author Topic: Where's WWI going from here?  (Read 20066 times)

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
Re: Where's WWI going from here?
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »
I propose a simple "capture the flag" system in the ww1 arena.

Located away from the airfield is a destructable object with a flag. The object can be destroyed after so many strafing hits. Once it is destroyed the flag changes to the country that killed the object. There would be many of these spread around the map.

Capturing over 50% (?? 70% or mabey even 100%) of all the flags will win the war and all the flags will reset. I think the flags could reset without the whole arena resetting and disconnecting everyone.

This would promote a more spread out fight, or it could turn into a heated defense/offense for a country to keep their flags. It would require a little strategic thinking to win all the flags

I guess sort of the same thing as killing the town and dropping troops but without the troops.

+1  :aok

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2010, 11:52:58 PM »
will they take away the VOX in the air?  I mean, WWI with voice radio in aircraft?  The test should be limited to ground usage also and the Check 6.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2010, 12:02:57 AM »
Except that we don't have hand signals, and often aren't familiar with our wingman. Comms are a necessary part of online games, perfectly realistic or not. Check six? Are you seriously trying to get vox disabled for "realism", but asking for Check six to be maintained? That's patently retarded.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2010, 12:07:31 AM »
Never mind squads that have Ventrillo, and rarely use game vox as it is.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2010, 12:08:30 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:43:47 AM by Skuzzy »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2010, 12:33:34 AM »
Hi, I'm shuffler, and I'm going to spam every WW1 thread.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »
I propose getting rid of it and putting time into fixing WWII... the real game.

LOL talk about closing the barn door after the horse is gone :rofl  WWI is here and it will be a success and this thread is the tip of the ice berg, 360 has a great idea and there were a couple of others also.  In the real war scouts were sent out to destroy the observation ballons and artillery spotting and recon planes.  Using 360's idea along with arty spotting killing some objects at the "front" and assigning points to objects destroyed (planes, bunkers, arty, ack etc) so that when the "Flag" balloons were down would award the win to the team with the most points would add some strat and STILL keep the furballing alive. All of which can evolve and i see a great influx of players if it does.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2010, 01:38:35 AM »
Haha, a lot of emotional responses, wasn't my original intention but what else should I expect.  :rofl

"DON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT PLAYING THE GAME IN ANY OTHER WAY THEN WHAT I THINK IS FUN!"  :furious

-Jayhawk aka 'fun sucker'
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2010, 06:58:55 AM »
I spent some time trying some things out in the arena yesterday.  I discovered, if you wanted a one-on-one, all you had to do was fly to the fringe of the mob and sure enough, someone else would fly out to meet you.  On occasion a couple of planes would come out.  So if you want a one-on-one, you can have it, but you have to put a little effort into it.

I also tried flying right into the heart of it all.  That was fun on a different level.  Trying to avoid getting killed and then reversing to chase the horde was great fun too.  On occasion I would pick up one plane that reversed.  Most of the time they all just kept going towards the other mass.

I suck as a pilot, but I am having a blast.

If you do not like or care for the WW1 arenas, that is fine, the WW2 arenas are all still there for you.  There is no point in being a detractor.  Reminds me of the whiny brat at the ice cream truck. You know the one.  The one bawling about how he hates chocolate while everyone else orders it, looking at him like he is an idiot because he does not have to order the chocolate.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2010, 07:02:21 AM »
I spent some time trying some things out in the arena yesterday.  I discovered, if you wanted a one-on-one, all you had to do was fly to the fringe of the mob and sure enough, someone else would fly out to meet you.  On occasion a couple of planes would come out.  So if you want a one-on-one, you can have it, but you have to put a little effort into it.

I also tried flying right into the heart of it all.  That was fun on a different level.  Trying to avoid getting killed and then reversing to chase the horde was great fun too.  On occasion I would pick up one plane that reversed.  Most of the time they all just kept going towards the other mass.

If you do not like or care for the WW1 arenas, that is fine, the WW2 arenas are all still there for you.  There is no point in being a detractor.  Reminds me of the whiny brat at the ice cream truck. You know the one.  The one bawling about how he hates chocolate while everyone else orders it, looking at him like he is an idiot because he does not have to order the chocolate.

I like chocolate.   :uhoh
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2010, 07:08:54 AM »
All I can add to what Skuzzy said is this. This is not Hitech's first time around the block.
He knows us better than we know ourselves in most cases. This is where his bread gets buttered, so I don't think he'll screw the pooch.

Throwing new ideas out there is good, because the HTC staff will find ways to use the good stuff. While leaving the rest behind.

I do think something in the center front lines area like Barrage Balloons or Zep, or road convoy, to draw planes, spread fights out, would be a good thing.  The rest, well I'm sure when HT and the crew can get around to it we'll have it.
Meantime he has a lot of WWII junky's that are not feeling the love. 

Plus he has the huge job of bringing all the WWII planes up to the new WWI damage standard.
And that is one big monster of a job.

Just tickled pink to have it, to see the HTC Staff flying (hey skuzzy, lets wing up!)

Rock on guys! <S>

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2010, 07:16:08 AM »

I wish this was posted in another thread. I call that "reading a furball". Some guys don't get that yet. Great tactic if you fly alone like I do.  :salute
Charlie don't surf!

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2010, 08:27:38 AM »

If you do not like or care for the WW1 arenas, that is fine, the WW2 arenas are all still there for you. 

Proof positive that HTC still "gets it."

We were worried about y'all for awhile, there.  :aok

Love,

-Mindless furballer who keeps country X from winning ze var!!111

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2010, 08:54:12 AM »
I guess I'd like to see Barrage balloons for all 3 sides in the center. Help bring the furball into the center away from the fields.

Give you something to waste a few rounds on, etc.

+1 manned balloons at the field and in the middle,if they get shot up, they would stay down for 5 minutes or so! i love the new arena tho and will be there weather it changes or not, i would like to see more planes and maybe bring the bases a little bit closer together as well!
 over all  tho  it rocks no matter what, :rock :rock :rock
 it is not supposed to be  like the other arena's, no need to capture bases, no need for GV's,, just fun to be had by those who like furballs or 1v1 dogfights . i bet it will last a long time,
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2010, 08:55:59 AM »

Plus he has the huge job of bringing all the WWII planes up to the new WWI damage standard.
And that is one big monster of a job.

Gosth...what do you mean about the WW1 and WW2 damge model....please explain?????