Author Topic: Where's WWI going from here?  (Read 20120 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Where's WWI going from here?
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2010, 12:04:59 PM »
Its good its going to be a figter only i guess, but now its going to be up to the fighterjocks to keep it from turning in the DA, your going to have to come up with some kind of policing.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2010, 12:09:02 PM »
Its good its going to be a figter only i guess, but now its going to be up to the fighterjocks to keep it from turning in the DA, your going to have to come up with some kind of policing.

WWI can never get like the DA. None of the AC are capable of BnZ like WWII AC, so no warp speed pickin. No quad cannon so much less ping poof face shots. 
See Rule #4

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2010, 12:10:42 PM »
What, precisely, is wrong with the DA?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2010, 12:16:36 PM »
I think, at the moment, I think it's exACTLY like the DA (as personified by The Rowdy Ones)--main thing for me is too many folks are happy to be the 7th con chasing after 1 guy, totally ignoring nearby worthy targets which aren't otherwise occupied. It comes back to the old thing...lots of folks are more after the end product--kills-- rather than enjoying the fight which led up to them

<the DA, meaning furball lake, btw)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2010, 12:28:38 PM »
Why is it that every time I think of a toolshedder saying the phrase "dueling arena" I picture them saying it with a sardonic tone with an expression on their face that they just tasted something bitter?

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »
I think, at the moment, I think it's exACTLY like the DA (as personified by The Rowdy Ones)--main thing for me is too many folks are happy to be the 7th con chasing after 1 guy, totally ignoring nearby worthy targets which aren't otherwise occupied. It comes back to the old thing...lots of folks are more after the end product--kills-- rather than enjoying the fight which led up to them

<the DA, meaning furball lake, btw)

i agree totally, furball lake in the DA is a place i never go, dueling on the outside map in the DA is great, just what its intended for i love the WW1 arena the fighting is intense, 1 on 1's up to 3 on 3's, i consider that great fighting and a level playing field for all combatants, its the certain mentality of just throw lead out there, or they see 1 lone plane all 5 jump in, instead of simply talking to themselves over vox and one plane peels off for engagement, not a conga line like you always see, or the groups that see a 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 and all 5 jump in, does anyone see what i mean ? how can we as a community try to make the WW1 arena not resemble the MA's or DA furball lake?

Personally i want to see this arena go somewhere, its thrilling.  :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »
If HTC does do something like forced side balancing then that will help to eliminate, or at least minimize the DA horde mentality. The whines associated with something like that will be priceless as well.

Zoom one way is to call them out on it. If the whole community lets it be known that type of behavior is unacceptable. Then maybe they'll get the hint and learn how to fight, or at the very least go back to the DA.

For the most part WW1 has been a breath of fresh air for me. I have been able to have many fun fights, both 1v1's and furballs. Yes, there have been a few instances where the  l337 horde types have ganged me, and a time or two where I came out on top  :D. not because I'm all that good but for the most they are that bad.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
Why is it that every time I think of a toolshedder saying the phrase "dueling arena" I picture them saying it with a sardonic tone with an expression on their face that they just tasted something bitter?

Thats because when most people say "the DA" they mean furball lake which is nothing but a cesspool. From what I've seen in there 80-90% are skilless pickers who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

I think if the community works at keeping a handle on the crap in WWI it won't turn into the "DA" we all love to hate. Like mentioned there is nothing that people can use to have a clear advantage over anyone else except skill. No cannons, no high speed BnZ (thou I think the governer should be off for all planes. It would be great seeing the fireballs diving into furballs  :devil ) and most of the people that are going to stick around the WWI arenas are those that look for "fights" not just kills.

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »
Thats because when most people say "the DA" they mean furball lake which is nothing but a cesspool. From what I've seen in there 80-90% are skilless pickers who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

I think if the community works at keeping a handle on the crap in WWI it won't turn into the "DA" we all love to hate. Like mentioned there is nothing that people can use to have a clear advantage over anyone else except skill. No cannons, no high speed BnZ (thou I think the governer should be off for all planes. It would be great seeing the fireballs diving into furballs  :devil ) and most of the people that are going to stick around the WWI arenas are those that look for "fights" not just kills.

You did it right there!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2010, 01:07:27 PM »
You did it right there!

And I intended to! It is a cesspool. waaayyyy to much dweebery going on there.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2010, 01:09:33 PM »
I'm trying to think of something HT could do to eliminate/diminish chess-piece loyalty in WW1 without being too draconian about it...then you won't see scenarios where 1 country has more folks than the other 2 combined. (As was earlier stated, things have a way of adjusting somewhat to compensate for that, but IMO, would be better not to get there in the first place)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2010, 01:12:47 PM »
I  am with and against Toad at the same time.
BaldEag wrote.

This is a very false statement. What it changes is the reason and how people play in the arena. Right now the reason people play is very simple, to dogfight and get kills. Adding bombers and and gv's would change most of the fight to be win for your country. Or are bombers and GV's good dog fighters in the arena?

While the arena may change slightly, they will not change into an all around war similar to the wwii arenas.

Examples of possible changes of the top of my head to illustrate changes that promote dog fighting. Vs changes that promote the need to not fight to accomplish your task. (such as bombing)

The country who gets xxx number of kills first, gets a benefit such as all enemy's die instantly, and the counts start again.

Along with this, may go forced side balancing.

Again these are just thoughts and not plans.

I.E. A game centered around Dog Fighting.

But the point is we already have a war win arena, no need for another, especially when the tools for that ware really do not fit the bill.

HiTech

Why not have 2 arenas 1 DogFight arena and 1 WW1 arena? What would be wrong with that? If you don't get some kind of strategy or make a game for this arena, in about 2-3 months you will have done all this work for about 20-40 folks. <sigh>
I spent about 3-4 hours in there and well... I just cant wait for the sidebalancing to begin  :rolleyes:

I'm in the strat boat. Full service arena!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 01:23:10 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2010, 01:13:03 PM »
OK OK OK, you all got your WW1 arena, Now lets go back to WW2 :D

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2010, 01:22:47 PM »
And I intended to! It is a cesspool. waaayyyy to much dweebery going on there.

I fly there regularly.  The bnz dweebs are just part of the scenery.  I fly low and love to watch them compress and auger.  Your disdain for the way others play the game belies your penchant to tell others what to do.  As in..  

"I DON'T LIKE TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO BUT, WE'VE GOT TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO KEEP THE BNZ GUYS FROM PLAYING THE GAME THE WAY THEY WANT!!"

See?

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2010, 01:34:04 PM »
I fly there regularly.  The bnz dweebs are just part of the scenery.  I fly low and love to watch them compress and auger.  Your disdain for the way others play the game belies your penchant to tell others what to do.  As in..  

"I DON'T LIKE TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO BUT, WE'VE GOT TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO KEEP THE BNZ GUYS FROM PLAYING THE GAME THE WAY THEY WANT!!"

See?
Doesn't matter if there playing the game the way they want. Their still terrible pilots.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)