Author Topic: Where's WWI going from here?  (Read 20089 times)

Offline truss51

• Zinc Member
Re: Where's WWI going from here?
« Reply #240 on: March 14, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »
WW1 who?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #241 on: March 14, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »
Dude.  Go back and re-read this thread.  I'll be waiting for your apology.

If you're not a horde tard, and just love the fight then I do apologise for that implication.

I've flown in the DA, I've had some good experiences in there, and I've had some really miserable ones as well. Here lately it's been way more of the latter. It's never fun to have ten guys swarm you just so one of them can get the kill in hopes that he can get two strung together. So that he can run home get his name in lights, and all the wtg's from his fellow horde tards.  I enjoy a good furball as much as I enjoy a good 1v1, or even fighting a 2/3v1 with me being the one. I don't like it when the borg shows up. Just an fyi ten on one is not a furball it's a gangbang. If that's your idea of fun then keep it in the DA.

I don't want to ad strat, or win the war to the WW1 arenas. Nor do I want them to devolve into the DA as it is today. For the most part I have been able to find what I'm looking for in the four WW1 arenas. When the tardlets show up in one I move to another.

When I first started AH you could go to the DA with someone be on the same country have some good fights without being bothered. Recently I've had 1v1's interrupted at bases away from the cesspool. HTC had to enable kill shooter because morons who don't know or care about the fight would ruin the fun for everyone else.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2010, 04:27:11 PM »

When I first started AH you could go to the DA with someone be on the same country have some good fights without being bothered. Recently I've had 1v1's interrupted at bases away from the cesspool. HTC had to enable kill shooter because morons who don't know or care about the fight would ruin the fun for everyone else.

I wouldn't hesitate to report someone who did that.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »
WWI can never get like the DA. None of the AC are capable of BnZ like WWII AC, so no warp speed pickin. No quad cannon so much less ping poof face shots.  

hehe, I see you haven't flown the WW1 Arena yet.  It's nothing but a pick fest since day one.  You do occasionally get into a good one on one but you pretty much have to get them away from the horde of players flying in circles.  They may not be able to B&Z like they do in the MA, but it is clearly going on.  It is fun as he!! though.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #244 on: March 14, 2010, 04:59:46 PM »
"There" is a place and "their" shows possession.  The one you're looking for is "they're."  What does them being good or bad cartoon airplane pilots have to do with their right to play as they see fit?

OK so you don't like the guys post so you pick on his grammar wow!, just wow! I think<--- again only my opinion you might want to look up how to have a discussion and stay on topic.

Since you have what you feel is a majority in this opinion you feel that you can use a mob mentality to decide how new arenas will be implemented...

I don't know where you get the idea I have any control over how the arenas will be implemented. I just stated how I would like to see how things go and HTC has posted that the WWI arenas will pretty much stay as they are, fighter orientated.
Why are you so concerned that you wish to stop them or make sure they can't do it in the new arenas?  Does a person's skill level give them less of a say in game-play?  And why do you feel that your perceived majority gives you the right to stop or curtail game-play that you find offensive?

I think <---opinion and maybe crazierthanu would agree that "if" equipment was added that allowed 20k BnZ passes that it would ruin what is starting to be a fun place to have some great fights.

I've seen the game change enough.  What are you talking about?  This whole thread is about people who can't leave well enough alone and can't wait for some sort of strat silliness to be implemented into the WW1 arenas.  All I ask is that one of the new arenas be left as is.  Why do toolshedders feel their game-play must be forced on everyone?

The OP "asked what "we" (like any of us really have any pull in directing which way HTC will move forward with WWI). You didn't post a response to that until recently. Your posts were directed at those of us who say "DA like we have a bad taste in our mouth". Your defense of the DA as you see it, is what you've been posting about. While you enjoy the DA, a lot of us do not and we have as much right to our opinions as you.

So back on topic.... It has been posted by Hitech that the WWI arena will stay pretty much the way they are with maybe a tweak here and there to push fighter to fight more for the kills. Seeing as you have posted you would like to see this as by your quote above "All I ask is that one of the new arenas be left as is" there really isn't anything more to say.  

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2010, 05:26:54 PM »

I don't know where you get the idea I have any control over how the arenas will be implemented. I just stated how I would like to see how things go and HTC has posted that the WWI arenas will pretty much stay as they are, fighter orientated.
I think <---opinion and maybe crazierthanu would agree that "if" equipment was added that allowed 20k BnZ passes that it would ruin what is starting to be a fun place to have some great fights.

Totally true. WW1 should stay a place where someone can come to have a good fight. Adding objectives would probably ruin it for people who actually want to "fight."

There's enough room in the LW for people who want to horde and land grab. Leave it out of WW1.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:28:27 PM by crazierthanu »
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2010, 05:36:05 PM »

While the arena may change slightly, they will not change into an all around war similar to the wwii arenas.

HT,

I'd be grateful if you could explain your reasoning.  Here is mine:

There were three reasons to be in the Air in WWI

1) to observe the enemy
2) to prevent the enemy from observing you
3) to prevent the enemy from preventing you

That's how the airwar was originally generated, and all that dogfighting action emerged from those simple dynamics.  It seems to me that if you give each side a good reason to observe the enemy, you will get all the dogfighting anyone can handle and you'll have an environment that will attract people with an interest in a strong strat environment.  You'd have the furballers, and you'd be the only game in town when it comes to WWI strat.  I don't see a downside.
Vlas
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:52:06 PM by Miska »

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2010, 05:51:52 PM »
OK so you don't like the guys post so you pick on his grammar wow!, just wow! I think<--- again only my opinion you might want to look up how to have a discussion and stay on topic.

The OP "asked what "we" (like any of us really have any pull in directing which way HTC will move forward with WWI). You didn't post a response to that until recently. Your posts were directed at those of us who say "DA like we have a bad taste in our mouth". Your defense of the DA as you see it, is what you've been posting about. While you enjoy the DA, a lot of us do not and we have as much right to our opinions as you.

So back on topic.... It has been posted by Hitech that the WWI arena will stay pretty much the way they are with maybe a tweak here and there to push fighter to fight more for the kills. Seeing as you have posted you would like to see this as by your quote above "All I ask is that one of the new arenas be left as is" there really isn't anything more to say.  

What are you going on about?  Do you post just to hear your fingers go clickity-clack on the keyboard?  My first post in this thread, which is on page one or two, was a comment on the strat geeks, toolshedders if you will, who refuse to leave well enough alone and insist on making everyone play their way.  Fun suckers was the term I used, I believe...

Do not post and expect to be taken seriously if you don't know or care to know the difference between there, their and they're.

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #248 on: March 14, 2010, 05:56:07 PM »
What are you going on about?  Do you post just to hear your fingers go clickity-clack on the keyboard?  My first post in this thread, which is on page one or two, was a comment on the strat geeks, toolshedders if you will, who refuse to leave well enough alone and insist on making everyone play their way.  Fun suckers was the term I used, I believe...

Do not post and expect to be taken seriously if you don't know or care to know the difference between there, their and they're.
Did you have trouble understanding or comprehending my post? Didn't think so.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:02:23 PM by crazierthanu »
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline newz

• Copper Member
« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2010, 06:09:26 PM »

There's only one reason to be in the WW1 arena and it's to engage in "pure unadulterated WW1 dogfighting".

Ever seen porkers in WW2 arena? They are not there to engage in A2A combat. I'm enjoying the WW1 arena
and would rather not it become filled with squads who's only goal is to strafe mg nests and blow up balloons
at all costs.
There seems to be more than a few of us who don't need any extra incentive to log in and enjoy an arena
"designed for pure unadulterated WW1 dogfighting".
Addicted since tour 62.
Formerly "soupkaan", "soupcan", "LTARsoup", "LTARnewz", "Kamito", "newz"

"ENY is the price of admission for your "loyalty"".-Soulyss

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »
HT,

I'd be grateful if you could explain your reasoning.  Here is mine:

1) to observe the enemy

That's how the airwar was originally generated, and all that dogfighting action emerged from those simple dynamics.  It seems to me that if you give each side a good reason to observe the enemy, you will get all the dogfighting anyone can handle and you'll have an environment that will attract people with an interest in a strong strat environment.  You'd have the furballers, and you'd be the only game in town when it comes to WWI strat.  I don't see a downside.
Vlas

We already have all the dogfighting anyone could handle in the WWI arenas.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2010, 06:17:55 PM »
there is something top be said for keeping the WW1 experience purely air to air fighters....

I could easily live with that  :joystick:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2010, 06:53:22 PM »
hehe, I see you haven't flown the WW1 Arena yet.  It's nothing but a pick fest since day one.  You do occasionally get into a good one on one but you pretty much have to get them away from the horde of players flying in circles.  They may not be able to B&Z like they do in the MA, but it is clearly going on.  It is fun as he!! though.

Fred
Didn't say there was no pickin.  They just can't take warp speed passes in uber rides with relative impunity. It is in no way like the DA.
See Rule #4

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2010, 07:01:30 PM »
HT,

I'd be grateful if you could explain your reasoning.  Here is mine:

1) to observe the enemy

That's how the airwar was originally generated, and all that dogfighting action emerged from those simple dynamics.  It seems to me that if you give each side a good reason to observe the enemy, you will get all the dogfighting anyone can handle and you'll have an environment that will attract people with an interest in a strong strat environment.  You'd have the furballers, and you'd be the only game in town when it comes to WWI strat.  I don't see a downside.
Vlas

ahhhh your confusing war with a video game.

There doesn't need to be "incentives" to fight. If you have the will, there are plenty of targets.

edited for a big spelling error !
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 07:37:54 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »

ahhhh your confusing war with a video game.

There doesn't need to be "intensives" to fight. If you have the will, there are plenty of targets.

incentives?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.