Author Topic: Where's WWI going from here?  (Read 20086 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Where's WWI going from here?
« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2010, 01:51:15 PM »
Considering the point it is at now, if only the MA had been begotten, I wouldn't be here now.   :D

As HT said, we already have a war-winnah arena; no need to begat another.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2010, 02:00:22 PM »
Tune the icons.
Consider only two sides not three
Load balance to 10% or so.
Allow instant side switching(there is no strat to spy on)
Add a few clouds and put mildly leathal (Invisible)robot Mgs along both sides of no mans land. So at least there is some cover to dive for.

I am please with HTs response, to my mind, no proponent of putting strat in WW1 ever came close to describing what that strat would be like.
IMHO if every aircraft, vehicle and ship in WW1 was modeled, you could still not make the base capture game out of them.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2010, 03:42:30 PM »
Would anyone one be against shooting a heard of sheep to win?

HiTech

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2010, 03:48:07 PM »
I believe that S.A.P.P. would be. They are working on a plan to save all sheep. :devil
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »
Shoot sheep, why not.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »
Shoot sheep, why not.

Some here'bouts have done worse.

:noid,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2010, 04:07:58 PM »
Some here'bouts have done worse.

:noid,
Wab

...or better.... :devil :angel:

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2010, 04:08:14 PM »
Go ahead and add parachutes. Let us shoot chutes.

The best/most chute-shootin' shooters win the war. Reset/Rinse/Repeat.

I think that would instill the proper sense of "honor" in the game.  :devil
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2010, 04:08:24 PM »
Takes a bit of "begatting" in order to keep the place populated. Logging in early morning its already down to 12 - 20. That is "just" barely enough to have a fun "Dawn Patrol".

I think the key is to draw the line at where it "effects" the arena. Especially if it effects it for more than 15 min.
You can have things to do that can impact the arena for a short time without totally losing the furballers.
Barrage balloons, convoys, trench strafing, sheep shooting, whatever. (don't know what we'll do with all the dead sheep, but whatever. :) )

Unless your going to go with a simple first guy to kill 10 sheep wins the war, you see confetti, get your name in "lights" and everything else remains unchanged.

What I do know is that HT has his thumb "Firmly" on our pulse, and he's had a lot of time spent doing trial and error. Whatever he comes up with should be interesting.  :)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2010, 04:37:32 PM »
Takes a bit of "begatting" in order to keep the place populated. Logging in early morning its already down to 12 - 20. That is "just" barely enough to have a fun "Dawn Patrol".

I think the key is to draw the line at where it "effects" the arena. Especially if it effects it for more than 15 min.
You can have things to do that can impact the arena for a short time without totally losing the furballers.
Barrage balloons, convoys, trench strafing, sheep shooting, whatever. (don't know what we'll do with all the dead sheep, but whatever. :) )

Unless your going to go with a simple first guy to kill 10 sheep wins the war, you see confetti, get your name in "lights" and everything else remains unchanged.

What I do know is that HT has his thumb "Firmly" on our pulse, and he's had a lot of time spent doing trial and error. Whatever he comes up with should be interesting.  :)

I'm sure I'm not being pure enough for the furball Taliban, but I do think to keep the arena healthy, SOMETHING more has to be added than 2 straight-line conveyor belts feeding into a meat-grinder.
Even the action in the DA has more interesting dynamics than that because you at least have all 3 sides mixing in the same fight.  It’s interesting to just watch the map at the furball lake in the DA and watch how the center-of-gravity shifts around and presents different configurations.  If one side pushed too far toward one enemy, they naturally expose their flanks to the third team.  If they try and attack both sides simultaneously, they must divide their force and are weak. 
I’m sure HT will think of something. ;)

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »
I would like to say i have been having nothing but fun,i have been meeting with some real nice guys that want to have fun fights with one on ones in no mans land during the night,most seem to respect the one on one thing in the middle,and by far I'm having the best most fun fights there.WWI no manes land seems fine for me and has been all i was hoping for.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #281 on: March 16, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »

HiTech

S.A.P.P would strongly protest if the indiscriminate murder of sheep was made a criteria for winning the map.  We will not sit idly by if HiTech Creations would endorse such barbaric behavior.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2010, 06:31:25 PM »

HiTech
:huh  :headscratch: :uhoh :aok
Charlie don't surf!

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
S.A.P.P would strongly protest if the indiscriminate murder of sheep was made a criteria for winning the map.  We will not sit idly by if HiTech Creations would endorse such barbaric behavior.

ack-ack
If they are the enemy's sheep, the murdering would not be indiscriminate, now, would it?  

+1 to sheep slaughter FTW!!
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2010, 06:39:10 PM »

HiTech

Save Our Sheep   ;)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."