Author Topic: Wisdom teeth...  (Read 2092 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Wisdom teeth...
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 03:19:39 PM »
Oh the humanity there taking our childrens wisdom away ( boy now were screwed lol ) hehe J/K  on a lighter side my 16yr old son has been complaining about his, time to make an appointment and see what the doc says
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 07:41:25 PM »
Had mine pulled just last year. Was not fun. You'll be feeling pretty lousy for the first 24 hours, and be using a lot of ice for the next few days. It'll feel weird when the stiches finally come out because you get so use to them.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »
guess im lucky. thats what my girlfriend does for a living. Shes a professional tooth thief. I get the low low on anything dental :) 
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 10:06:54 PM »
I have stitches? lol, nobody told me anything about that!  :rofl

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »
I had all four taken out in one procedure last year.  First day I was woozy from the meds that knocked me out (which explains why I started to date my ex on that day HA!).  Next day I was at work, but didn't do much in fear of dry sockets (outside job).  I felt fine.  The only part that sucked was my mouth wouldn't open wide enough to eat anything actually worth eating lol
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 10:41:41 PM »
Yeah I can't even crunch on a saltine... the gap between my teeth is JUST large enough for it to sit there safe and untouched...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 10:43:25 PM »
I had all four removed and went on every roller coaster at Cedar Point the next day.   Lower Molars were drilled out too.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 10:44:34 PM »
Yeah I can't even crunch on a saltine... the gap between my teeth is JUST large enough for it to sit there safe and untouched...

Milkshakes.    I told Banshee this, IIRC he listened, but probably not.   :devil    They numb the area and don't put too much stress on the sutures. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 10:51:56 PM »
Sweet! thanks for the info Masher!

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 11:24:52 PM »
Dosen't sound too great ruler,hope you get to feeling better.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 11:38:37 PM »
I just remembered why I hate dentists, oral surgeons, and other evil people that work on teeth.

like being tied to the chair while one dressed as an evil clown with blood all over his clothes and wonky out of tune circus music plays over the loudspeaker coming with a concrete drill and giant lockjaw pliers to pull a tooth

:cry
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:40:34 PM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 12:17:56 AM »
I just remembered why I hate dentists, oral surgeons, and other evil people that work on teeth.

like being tied to the chair while one dressed as an evil clown with blood all over his clothes and wonky out of tune circus music plays over the loudspeaker coming with a concrete drill and giant lockjaw pliers to pull a tooth

:cry

My oral surgeon was a dead ringer for Groucho Marx and had a smoking hot assistant.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 12:50:40 AM »
Milkshakes.    I told Banshee this, IIRC he listened, but probably not.   :devil    They numb the area and don't put too much stress on the sutures.  

I was advised against using a straw to drink as it might draw out the plug in the socket causing dry socket. Other than that milkshakes are good.

Oh and after my last(which I was awake for) I had a cheese burger and a large shake. The drugs they gave me were pretty good too. :aok
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:02:17 AM by SIK1 »
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 01:29:31 AM »
I was advised against using a straw to drink as it might draw out the plug in the socket causing dry socket. Other than that milkshakes are good.

Oh and after my last(which I was awake for) I had a cheese burger and a large shake. The drugs they gave me were pretty good too. :aok

Use a spoon.    :)    Or drink em out of the cup. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 01:35:07 AM »
I just got mine out a few weeks ago, the holes are still healing closed.  I remember getting the IV put in for the anesthetic, and then woke up at home in my bed with a buffet of killer pain pills
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us