Author Topic: Dead horse beatin time  (Read 1131 times)

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
Dead horse beatin time
« on: October 24, 2014, 08:18:41 AM »
For me, it is time for this old chestnut.  I am prowling around looking for a squad to join.  My favorite 'Merican ride is the P-38L but I am not against the Corsair or a derivative of the "Jug." Fav Limey ride would go to the Spit16 (don't judge me).  Red bear honors go to the La-7, but a variety of Yak may pique my interest.  The Land of the Rising Sun has me loving the Nikki,  but I am not against the Ki-84 (whatever it may be named).  The Third Reich has me at the warmaiden, Dora, or the God forbid a 152.  I may see the light of a 109 (difficult sell).  Hmm,  Italian has me after the 205 because I don't think there is anything else (why fly the other bird).  Masochism has me in a Liberator on occasion.  I also fly the Mitchell H when I think I may do some good (almost never).  Talk to me if you think I may be a good fit.  I know how planes fly but I could use some refinement.  I appreciate all feedback.  Thank you in advance.
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
Re: Dead horse beatin time
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 08:51:48 AM »
With respect, squadron life is not about the airplanes.  That said, I have a couple of questions:

What are you looking to give to a squadron?

What are you looking to receive from a squadron?

Until you can transparently discuss the answers to those questions the fit you seek will elude you.

All my opinion, of course.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »
Stop by and visit the Pigs sometime Sir. 

OINK

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:24:21 AM »
Shake307, come try out the Jolly Rogers (VF-17)...no questions asked. I think you'll fit. :joystick:

Although we're advertised as a Navy Squadron, who prefer big blue planes with bent wings, we're also primarily an FSO squad (although we're trying to get back into the MA on at least one night a week), we fly what we're told, which includes every plane you mentioned in your intro, and more. The only thing we suck at is bombing, but we give it our best effort when tasked with that duty.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:30:04 AM by nooby52 »

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline dogtag380

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:28:30 AM »
PM sent your way Shake.

:salute
AKTap
AKTap
~Arabian Knights~
www.arabian-knights.org/

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 12:03:40 PM »
P38L- That's Fine, but the J is better eny 20

Spit16- ewww, Spit8 is better.

LA7- LA5 is better, with an eny of 30.

Dora/152- 152 is fine, 190A5 is the only 190 worth flying.
See Rule #4

Offline cotaylor

• Copper Member
      • 19th Bombardment Group
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 06:48:39 PM »
Give us a look shake. We need fighters and also bring your 25H. Very welcome here.   :t

Good Luck & Happy Hunting.

To the 19th!~

<S>
19taylor
CO - 19th Bombardment Group "Crazy Eyeballs"
http://19thbg.com

Offline 19zac

• Zinc Member
      • 19th Bombardment Group
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 08:42:34 PM »
The 19th would love to have you along with us. The fighter wing enjoys those American planes and we could definitely use another one like you. <S> Sir!

19thbg.com
~CRAZY EYEBALLS~
"BZacc"

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 11:34:30 PM »
You all give me a difficult decision.  I appreciate the responses.  Many things to consider.  Also, in response to an earlier post, I know Aces High is not just about the planes.  I do know, however, that each one has different characteristics and fighting styles.  I mentioned the aircraft I fly to initiate and engage anybody with similar interests.  As to the question of how I fly, I don't really run away.  I believe in that archaic thing known as honor.  I think I have a video from tonight where I was hit in my Nikki by an A20.  Don't laugh, he caught me  unawares.  PW and I was still chasing him.  Don't remember his name but he was decent.  We were in the MA.  I crashed in a blackout, but I think I got my shots here and there.  That is how I fly.  And if you are an honorable squad with one hell of a sense of humor that doesn't take things too seriously, I am your man.  :salute
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 05:57:00 PM »
  And if you are an honorable squad with one hell of a sense of humor that doesn't take things too seriously, I am your man.  :salute

We'll be glad to have ya, then!

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline 19zac

• Zinc Member
      • 19th Bombardment Group
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 06:43:23 PM »
You all give me a difficult decision.  I appreciate the responses.  Many things to consider.  Also, in response to an earlier post, I know Aces High is not just about the planes.  I do know, however, that each one has different characteristics and fighting styles.  I mentioned the aircraft I fly to initiate and engage anybody with similar interests.  As to the question of how I fly, I don't really run away.  I believe in that archaic thing known as honor.  I think I have a video from tonight where I was hit in my Nikki by an A20.  Don't laugh, he caught me  unawares.  PW and I was still chasing him.  Don't remember his name but he was decent.  We were in the MA.  I crashed in a blackout, but I think I got my shots here and there.  That is how I fly.  And if you are an honorable squad with one hell of a sense of humor that doesn't take things too seriously, I am your man.  :salute
Well i can say you wont meet a better bunch of people than the 19th! Success or fail we just want to get in the air. Good luck in your searches.
~CRAZY EYEBALLS~
"BZacc"