Author Topic: AVA ww1 arena  (Read 5035 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: AVA ww1 arena
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »
i fly a 22" monitor and i was still getting my butt smacked by everyone, including my own squadies! you'd be on one guy, about to drill him, forget to look back, and the last thing that goes through your mind is that .50cal bullet, from the guy you didnt see!  :D I have a radeon 4890 and it doesn't do me any good, if i don't look for ya! not to mention you cant tell what plane it was until you were within 2k. at one point we shut off all icons, both friendly and enemy. that was really interesting!!

it was a blast though! <S> to all!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:18:34 PM by captain1ma »

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »
Larger monitors get a little more advantage...keep in mind the larger monitors are running at higher resolutions...the only way smaller monitors would take a hit is if they are the widescreen units that use high res native settings...but it's no more of an advantage as a difference in the other equipment people use...just a matter of being used to whatever a person has chosen.

And don't mind Wagger, he tries but sometimes the delivery is just a squeak off...not bad for an old Army turd.

I disagree I fly with a crappy 15 inch laptop barely can play the game as it is and I was holding a 4.6 k/d before the switch to WWI.  It's all about the pilot I believe. 
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 02:04:06 PM »
I disagree I fly with a crappy 15 inch laptop barely can play the game as it is and I was holding a 4.6 k/d before the switch to WWI.  It's all about the pilot I believe. 
Just curios TnDep, what exactly did you disagree with?  :headscratch:  You have a "crappy 15 inch monitor" which doesn't fit the widescreen hi res description...has to run at lower resolutions which means the visible pixels are larger...no real disadvantage there.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 02:08:41 PM »
Dear Mr. Dedalos,

It is my extreme honor to invite you into the AVA arena for crumpets and tea.  We are very civilized here and would never think of fighting.  That behavior will not be tolerated in here.  You dote you.  There is nothing but fighting in here.  In fact the no enemy Icons make it much more interesting.  It insures you learn SA and take a more active role in insuring your own six is clear.  It is amazing how easy an extra baddie can saddle up on you and take you for a ride.  You like to fight then try it.  NrRaven, Chewe are a couple more friends you would like to meet you in the AVA.  It really a blast.   

Here you go.  Happy now?

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 03:18:22 PM »
Here you go.  Happy now?

(Image removed from quote.)

"Dear Mr. Dedalos"  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »
I had an awesome time in there. No enemy icons is perfect for the WW1 AC. I havent had that much fun in AH in a long time... People on comms were actually coordinating and calling out dots. A lot of fun!!!
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »
Dear Mr Dedalos,

You can find me in the AVA arena from about 2030 hrs to about 2400 hrs each evening. Times might vary for each night but will gladly meet you their.  Looking forward to you presents and hope you enjoy it as much as I. If you don't mind I would rather go to Denny's.

Best Wished
Viscount Wagger, SOB, LC, AH  and NARNG
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:22:57 PM by Wagger »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 04:31:24 PM »
If you don't mind I would rather go to Denny's.

Best Wished
Viscount Wagger, SOB, LC, AH  and NARNG

Well, have you tried Raiders famous pancakes yet?

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 05:39:39 PM »
Well, have you tried Raiders famous pancakes yet?

I make some damn good pancakes!  It's a "splat" of a good time. 

Ask Deadalos about his famous Greek Mashed taters...... :D
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
Who needs pancakes?

When 'ded a lot' tatter tots are the yummiest...

:x

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 07:54:36 PM »
Just curios TnDep, what exactly did you disagree with?  :headscratch:  You have a "crappy 15 inch monitor" which doesn't fit the widescreen hi res description...has to run at lower resolutions which means the visible pixels are larger...no real disadvantage there.

I don't know what I was thinking I read it as larger monitors has the advantage and I translated it to larger monitors make better pilots but I don't think thats what you meant.  Plus I've been sick so my thinking isn't as shape as normal  :lol
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 08:09:49 PM »
I had an awesome time in there. No enemy icons is perfect for the WW1 AC. I havent had that much fun in AH in a long time... People on comms were actually coordinating and calling out dots. A lot of fun!!!
Since when did WWi planes have comms?

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 08:10:16 AM »
Semaphore and hand signals.

Seriously. If there was no radar (at a minimum bar dar to replicate teletpry info
on enemy sigthings) then you could kiss good bye any though of having at player
base in the WWI arena.  There's be a grand total of maybe three players who
want to spend all day or night upping from an airfield, flying aimlessly around at
90mph with the hope of running into the other one or two enemy contacts.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 08:43:44 AM »
Semaphore and hand signals.

Seriously. If there was no radar (at a minimum bar dar to replicate teletpry info
on enemy sigthings) then you could kiss good bye any though of having at player
base in the WWI arena.  There's be a grand total of maybe three players who
want to spend all day or night upping from an airfield, flying aimlessly around at
90mph with the hope of running into the other one or two enemy contacts.

Dar bar yes, icons no you will see the furball but what about that con low on the water to your left do you see him that's what makes it fun.  I love the no icons wish the MA was that way with DarBars of course.  Without Dars you wouldn't know where to go for the fight.  Diving on a target turning your engine off at 2k or climbing up on your target and him looking around not knowing where you are more realistic and funner for me.  I understand both sides of the argument about the newer guys getting frustrated but why we couldn't separate the new from the advanced with two diff. arena's for the main choice your poison.  I was having a blast in the AvA with WWII planes can't wait for them to come back.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 09:17:33 AM »
Diving on a target turning your engine off at 2k or climbing up on your target and him looking around not knowing where you are more realistic and funner for me. 

Really, the only argument about no icons and dar is the above usually under the cover of the words fun, fight, realistic, etc.  You are just describing an easier way to cherry pick some one.  No fight, no fun (for the other guy), no realism.  In real life he would have friends around that would warn him, and I don;t think you would dare turn your engine off so that he would not hear you coming.  All every one is looking is an easy way to kill someone and then hide and use the words fun, realism and fight to cover their true intent.  The AvA is willing to accommodate all that as long as some people show up.