Author Topic: disable f2b gunner on ground in WW1  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
disable f2b gunner on ground in WW1
« on: March 15, 2010, 04:41:59 AM »
really dweeby !
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
Re: disable f2b gunner on ground in WW1
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 05:05:52 AM »
haha as soon as i seen the F2B i knew they was going to use it as a makeshift wirby very dweeby indeed.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:55 AM »
Dweeby why? Was there some reason why a landed plane could not fire it's tail gun?

Did someone get killed by an f2wirble? :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 05:51:35 AM »
Dweeby why? Was there some reason why a landed plane could not fire it's tail gun?

Did someone get killed by an f2wirble? :D

getting tired off some ppl's tactics in the f2b,   then to top it off i'm rtb with a pilot wound when i fly over a guy sitting in some trees taking pot shots at me,  

I had to fly all the way around to the front of his plane so he couldn't shoot even then he had a chance,  

the red tag is basically not there so yes this is a whine but I hope to remove gamey play from the WW1 arena!

If some guys ditched or landed in ww1 i very much doubt they sat in the gunner position waiting to shoot at enemy planes
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:55:14 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline RaptorL

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 06:57:48 AM »
let it go man. I think its clever to use an F2b like that. I mean if i could i would use a bomber in the WW2 arena like that when the base is being straifed by huge numbers of nme fighters.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 07:18:45 AM »
LOL.  I am sorry Bruv but I have to say no to this request.  I would have just pounced on that F2 and gave him some of what he was asking for. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline warphoenix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »
man you're pathetic! (even thoagh I don't have much room the say that)
LOL.  I am sorry Bruv but I have to say no to this request.  I would have just pounced on that F2 and gave him some of what he was asking for. :aok
^ you got it!
P-39 FREAK

B-26 Marauder driver

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 12:54:59 PM »
man you're pathetic! (even thoagh I don't have much room the say that)  ^ you got it!

Mind you I respect Bruv and would in no way categorize him as pathetic.  I still think that he would just give him a helping of some that FEW justice.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »
man you're pathetic! (even thoagh I don't have much room the say that)  ^ you got it!

<---  trying to remember something about people that live in glass houses........    :headscratch:
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 01:06:57 PM »
man you're pathetic!

Bruv is a man who could whoop you A2A anyday, so I advise you to keep your mouth shut, kid.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 01:25:57 PM »
Cool we can park a circle of ack-wagons around a spot near where the field ack huggers are orbiting.  We'd have our own safe zone to run to!

:devil
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 01:27:42 PM »
disregard.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 01:29:09 PM »
Cool we can park a circle of ack-wagons around a spot near where the field ack huggers are orbiting.  We'd have our own safe zone to run to!

:devil
Wab

What you are describing, my friend, is a circle jerk  !

(I'm sure some candy-arse will report that)
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 02:20:39 PM »
I agree disable it. gets annoying, and its bad enouggh with 5 guys on my 6, add the f2wirble and its dumb
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »
Gonna say no (and HT even said he did this on purpose so I don't see it being changed).  I say 'no', because not all of us use it to be dweeby.  If I'm being chased by 5 cons when I'm wounded (such as a wing missing, or engine out) and I manage to land it safely on the ground....I want revenge on those hording dweebs....which is worse really, 5v1 or 1 person in a tail gunner on the ground?  If your wish is to disable the gunner on the ground, my wish is to make any planes that jump my wounded rtb plane in gangs of 5-8 to explode when they get within 800yards. :D
Heck I almost never use the gunner, only times I really do are: When PWed and blacked out and when I just lost vital parts and am now stuck on the ground....if the person is stupid enough to stick around before I have a chance to bail, heck ya I'm gonna shoot his little German plane. :P

Question, on a more serious note:
I've never actually seen it used in the ways some describe (landing, killing, re-upping to land kills), so is it really that hard to see/avoid a single .303 firing?  I'm curious since I crashed to the edge of a little furball going on and was spotted immediately by Klingan at a range of over 1K away (outside effective gun range).
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"