Author Topic: Perk the Spitfires  (Read 7037 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk the Spitfires
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »
cobra, how is hunting ack-ack going to demonstrate your effective counters against spitfires?  :confused:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »
He'll get to see how ack-ack does it. :D
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »
lol Sik, true. I speak from first hand experience, this is going to hurt, cobra :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »
whats your tag  online? and who do ya fly for? ill make it a point to go after ya in a spit and see how long you last.

My in game handle is AKAK, usually fly in the MW arena but I'm willing to cross the wrong side of the tracks and fly in the LW.  

Actually, a better idea would be to set up a meeting time in the DA and have a series of fights in there.  I'll fly the P-38J and you can fly any of the Spitfires.  After each fight, you can move onto the next Spitfire variant until we run out of Spitfires for me to shoot down.  By having the fight in the DA we ensure that we have a 1v1 fight without anyone interfering, the fights will be co-altitude and a fair fight.  If after teh first fight it becomes clearly evident that you are extremely over matched, I will handicap myself by flying with a heavier fuel load to restrict my manueverability.

Do you agree to these terms?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 01:04:05 PM »
whats your tag  online? and who do ya fly for? ill make it a point to go after ya in a spit and see how long you last.

Enjoy... :aok :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 02:08:52 PM »
Lol. Aint nothing like an old fashioned butt whooping.  :D
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 02:25:36 PM »

:lol

School is about to be in session.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 02:28:39 PM »
:O LMFAO...I thought I had brass testicles hunting AckAck in his 38...you would have been better off taking on Shuffler first, he might be just a tad easier...at least you would learn something before you got to AckAck.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »
heard on range vox often and said by myself "Chit, AKAK's looking at me.". Usually ends not long after that, good luck kingcobradude.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »
I get tired of spitfires 4k lower then me climbing up to me catching me in a climb i started at 400 mph. They should perk it IMO

:lol
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 05:53:59 PM »

good luck   :noid

:rofl
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »

:O

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »
WOW, I have left an area cause I know AKAK is there.  Goonwithyobadsef, and have fun kingcobradude.  AKAK you gotta post the results of this humbling expierence for the young man.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
whats your tag  online? and who do ya fly for? ill make it a point to go after ya in a spit and see how long you last.
:rofl I like your spirit.

Here's a tip for ya. When a big P38 is swooping down on you like a pissed condor, type .join ackack  :D

In all seriousness though if you do accept this challenge, record it and go back to the films and see what you did wrong. You have a good opportunity here to learn a few things. Good luck to ya.....you'll need it.  :salute
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:38:41 PM by uptown »
Charlie don't surf!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »
well I guess I'm different then most, when I know there is a good stick on opposite side I want to get into it with them, for there lies the way of uberness  :D

fighting one that can own you over and over, maybe he will be kind enough to tell ya what can be improved in your game :x

About 5 years ago, I fought someone that is renown for being very good,  6 times I tried to kill him each time he handed me my arse, around 4 years later, I met up with him in the MA, I happen to have ALT on him but he has a couple friendlies with him, I killed him and his two buddies I was in a hurri2, so I head for home I look back and see a Hurri2 has rolled after me, I stay on my RTB route till he gets within 2k, we are at equal E-states, I do a shallow split S, and engage him, it was a good fight but he went down, it was same guy, one of the best days in AH for me.

Never back down from a fight NO matter who it is with, best way to improve your game :aok