Author Topic: whoa, a Volcanoe started erupting some 15 miles away  (Read 7188 times)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: whoa, a Volcanoe started erupting some 15 miles away
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 04:47:45 AM »
Not sure she's thought of that bit  :D I'll advise her to look once Angus gets back to me....... :D

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 05:32:57 AM »
Depends on the point of Origin. Mainland Europe is connected yet, and so is the USA.
Then there is the Ferry, who also stops at the Shetlands.
I still have rooms. The other day it was a bit busy, - volcano tourists ;)
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 05:34:06 AM »
Thats what she's after viewing mate......got a link for rooms/prices etc?

Wurzel

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 05:47:00 AM »
Let's hope the Eyjafjallajökull (yes I had to copy&paste that) eruption won't go on for two years like it did from 1821 to 1823. (!)
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 06:21:22 AM »
Just dont expect us to pay for your ashes Angus. I have not signed any papers so legally that ash is a GIFT. You are not getting a single icelandic rubel!

Actually if this continues we will send it back by :airplane: and with a very  :furious letter when your out of control volcano calms down!

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2010, 07:07:27 AM »
Wurzel: look here:
www.gardsauki.is
And for Nilsen, - the Ashes are for free.  :devil
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2010, 07:24:43 AM »
Thanks Angus, will pass that onto her - you never know mate.

Wurzel

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »
Something is not right with our old planet, lots of seismic activity; there are reports of earthquakes almost every day in news over past 2-3 moths. Today China got hit bad and who knows what's next! I hope they slow down before getting worst.

Its just the journalists finding a new area of interest and a bit of bad luck. There are dozens of earthquakes on the earth every day and it just happened that some big ones happened near some populated areas during the past few months. Since Haiti, not many would be talking about Earthquakes. Since the 2004 Indonesian Tsunami, no one would really be afraid of tsunamis. They happen all the time. Volcanoes have to erupt one time or another, craters are not there for show off. Its just the way nature works and we are not immune to its forces.

Just look at this website: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/ This should ease your worries that numerous earthquakes is a recent event in the history of mankind...

-----
Btw, be safe Angus  :salute
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Jarski

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »
Had a sloooow day at work, all IFR traffic ceased at noon...
Flare to land , squat to pee..

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2010, 05:17:36 PM »
Since no one have died because of the eruption (knocks on wood) I feel comfortable sharing this office joke: "First Iceland goes bankrupt, and now the whole place is on fire? ... I smell insurance fraud." ;)
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2010, 06:48:36 PM »
Do any of you know how long the trans-Atlantic flights are probably going to be closed for?
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2010, 09:59:36 PM »
Probably about as long as the volcano keeps trashing the environment. Maybe about 2 or 5 days after that. You could ask the volcano god for better clarification of the time table.
 :huh
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2010, 02:34:46 AM »
Since no one have died because of the eruption (knocks on wood) I feel comfortable sharing this office joke: "First Iceland goes bankrupt, and now the whole place is on fire? ... I smell insurance fraud." ;)

It's better than that. Was a mere misunderstanding you see. We thought the Brits wanted ASH, not CASH  :devil
And speaking of the devil, here is the face of the mountain who now troubles the British so much. Priceless picture taken with the advanced equipment of the coastguard, through the clouds. I expect to be able to see the eruption tomorrow when clouds will lift, but my angle of view will be different. Enjoy!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2010, 02:45:22 AM »

Or perhaps a cash for ash program?