Author Topic: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!  (Read 52561 times)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 12:35:50 PM »

How late can the bands play without causing other non AH campers to complain?

OH, most of them pack up and run away waaaay b4 the bands start playing.  The stragglers get chased out with R/C aircraft.    :joystick: :airplane:

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »
So it begins........
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »
The picnic area sounds a little scary!

Welcome To Great Miami Adventures!
Here at Great Miami Adventures, we make everyday an adventure and we'll do everything we can to make your time with us an adventure!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on out and enjoy a variety of activities. From an exciting canoe or kayak ride down the Great Miami to a casual float in a tube. If you are one for a day of fishing, let us show you the prime locations for your big catch. After your adventure, enjoy our picnic area, horseshoes, corn hole, volleyball, hydro-bikes, or the rope swing.

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 02:50:55 PM »
Okies all, this is the thread to keep an eye on if you plan to attend, just reply that you plan to attend and I will add you to the list. I will give it a couple days then generate a list of those that plan to attend. Now....if you are unsure but would like to attend, I will not add you till you are SURE you will attend. Putting people on the list that do not plan to come has proven to be a disadvantage when trying to make sure we have enough room for everyone also for the sake of ordering enough food for the party.

THE PLAN SO FAR IS....

JULY 17th & 18th

Great Miami Adventures is the campground we will be staying at. I will call and get a block of rooms for those that are city folk and can't handle bugs (hehe).

The party will be at the campground, probably like last year, it will start on Thursday night and not end till early morning monday (hehe). We have 2 bands that will be there, Shawk's got a band that will play for us for a few hours and Murdr's band will be playing for us also for a few hours.

Some of us plan to go canoeing down the river on saturday while others will attend the airshow.

Friday we can grill some food on the HUGE grills that they let us use at the campground. I know Chef and I have talked about throwing together a menu but it would probably be easier for those that would like to share and join everyone for dinner on friday to bring something to pass or throw on the grill. If we do decide to do some sort of menu we will post it on here to let everyone know.

SHawk will be posting a preregistration plan. Not sure how it will work but I am very sure that it will go smoothly.

PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON THIS THREAD FOR FUTURE DETAILS. THE MORE THE MARRIER! BRING YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE, WILL BE A GREAT TIME FOR ALL AND YOU WILL NOT REGRET ATTENDING!!!
I will be there on friday evening, you mentioned a block of rooms, thats good I was looking at hotels near the Air Base but let me know how much they want for rooms in the block your looking into I should be arriving around 8-9 pm (long drive from the coast) so yes the Dr will be in with beer bourbon and a few other goodies. Cant wait to meet SGY and Betty

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 02:53:06 PM »
The picnic area sounds a little scary!

Welcome To Great Miami Adventures!
Here at Great Miami Adventures, we make everyday an adventure and we'll do everything we can to make your time with us an adventure!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on out and enjoy a variety of activities. From an exciting canoe or kayak ride down the Great Miami to a casual float in a tube. If you are one for a day of fishing, let us show you the prime locations for your big catch. After your adventure, enjoy our picnic area, horseshoes, corn hole, volleyball, hydro-bikes, or the rope swing.

Suck it up Boner!    :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »
2 Bands sound like a real good time.

But.

Is there a reliable power source there?  yes

Are they going to be playing outside,and if so is there some sort of cover to play under? if needed im sure we can get one

How late can the bands play without causing other non AH campers to complain? NO AH'ers ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN! PARTY WEEKEND YO!

My band has had to deal with the logistics of playing at a campground before.

Problems will arise if not dealt with beforehand.

I respect your concern boner, but I don't think we will have much to worry bout. The AH group were the only ones at the camp ground so we have free run of it, the owner is really cool and even came down and partied with us along with a couple of his employees.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »
Boner,

It shouldn't be to hard for you to show up and jam.  Althought, not knowing your schedule, I'm not sure if you can get yourself up to Ohio. 

hehe.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 05:38:31 PM »
Boner,

It shouldn't be to hard for you to show up and jam.  Althought, not knowing your schedule, I'm not sure if you can get yourself up to Ohio. 

hehe.
Be cool if he could go, could swing up I-90 through NY and pick me up. :P
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 09:09:21 PM »
Banhsee MADDOG at full speed?       :old:  <------ it musta really hurt seeing how he hobbles as fast as poopy pants!!!!

Betty add 2 more with me and Audrey, probably gonna bring my mutt this year but thats up in the air!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »
What the hell Boxboy, bring Audreys sister, or I'm staying home. :mad:
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 09:47:38 PM »
Banhsee MADDOG at full speed?       :old:  <------ it musta really hurt seeing how he hobbles as fast as poopy pants!!!!

Betty add 2 more with me and Audrey, probably gonna bring my mutt this year but thats up in the air!

will do boxboy! can't wait to hang out with everyone again this year! btw, talked to SWhavoc today, he will be posting sometime about the options for the kegs and other alcohol that people may want to purchase for him to bring for them...stay tuned for up coming info!!! :rock :rock
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 10:17:29 PM »
probably gonna bring my mutt this year but thats up in the air!

That's no way to talk about Audrey!  But it is cool how you named your dog Audrey, too!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »
As of right now I will be there. Trying to get the old man to agree to go, but not sure how that goes. I will check with my guys and see if anyone else plans in attending.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 11:19:36 PM »
IDK why you'd call me...you won't answer when I call :/
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 11:25:11 PM »
As of right now I will be there. Trying to get the old man to agree to go, but not sure how that goes. I will check with my guys and see if anyone else plans in attending.
I talked to your dad the other night, you are going...if he can stay awake.  He is getting pretty old...we'll have a walker ready for him.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver