Author Topic: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!  (Read 52090 times)

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
Re: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!
« Reply #285 on: May 05, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »
Southern whiskey?
I am going to try and bring a gallon of corn whiskey, if I am able to get ahold of some.

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #286 on: May 05, 2010, 05:55:50 PM »
Any help is welcome.  I have photoshop, also so we can email back and forth.  All I ask is for some space on the back for tooting my own horn  :D  Perhaps enough room to have a little blurb about "This beer brewed exclusively for the Aces High 2010 Dayton Gathering of Legends" or what have you.

I can only print B & W labels (been using a Brother P-touch) as ink-jet will not cut it.  When the bottles sweat, it makes the ink run so if anyone has access to a color laser printer, or has a better idea for keeping the ink from running.  Here is a sample   :devil

(Image removed from quote.)

Perhaps you can sweet-talk Waystin into printing them and sending them to me (he owns a printing business)  :devil

Figure on max size being 7" wide by 2-1/4" tall for a 12 oz. bottle.  Most homebrewing sites have pre-cut Avery style labels if you want to look at them or we can talk  to Waystin about some options.

In addition, as I do not bottle that much anymore, donations of bottles are welcome.  I'll pay shipping on rinsed, de-labeled, brown, pop-top (no twist-off's as they do not work) bottles.  99.9% of labels are easily removed by an overnight soak in warm water mixed with a bit of ammonia.  Also if anyone wants to visit http://keystonehomebrew.com/ (local homebrew store) and donate  ~$12 for a case that is fine, also.  The more bottles I have, the more I am likely to send  :)   Anyone willing to chip in on ingredients at the same store is also welcome to do so.    :P

Sorry to sound like a tightwad, but CFI and aircraft rentals fees are not cheap these days  :D 

Now if I can just get someone to commit on picking up the beer..............

I'd UPS it but, shipping alcohol is verboten   :devil
Im sorry had a few problems om my own here for a little bit, didnt see yur message just PM me

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #287 on: May 05, 2010, 06:05:05 PM »
Im sorry had a few problems om my own here for a little bit, didnt see yur message just PM me

Your my hero.

Von, I tried to buy some bottles on the site but couldn't find any.  Maybe cuz they don't ship them due to breakage.  I have a case or 2 of 16 oz Grolsh bottles and a bag of gaskets.  I'll look into shipping them to ya if need be.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »
haha frog legs.

You silly little girl, it's hehehe, giggle, giggle . . . . . . .WooWooooooooooooo.....SPLASH! :devil :banana: :devil
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #289 on: May 05, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »
Mensa, I enjoy a good wheat beer, but thats just me. 

Betty, I will also be in and out all weekend.  I have a race 50 miles away on Friday and Saturday...
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #290 on: May 05, 2010, 10:57:02 PM »

Yeah but, everyone is talking about meat! How about seafood or shell fish or maybe,

wait for it ...

wait ...

ok ...

FROG LEGS

Mae it crawfish and I'm there  :rock
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »
Your my hero.

Von, I tried to buy some bottles on the site but couldn't find any.  Maybe cuz they don't ship them due to breakage.  I have a case or 2 of 16 oz Grolsh bottles and a bag of gaskets.  I'll look into shipping them to ya if need be.

You have no idea :)

I'll be damn near passing by his house the week before on the way to my vacation destination  :rock

I'll just have to make sure he gets them BEFORE I get to where I'm going to ensure that there will be some left  :devil
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2010, 11:24:38 AM »
Ok I have 1 question on the rules?? Am I allowed to wear a thong bathing suit??? I'm only 320 lbs and 5' 6", and I look damm good in it. :bolt:
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2010, 11:29:03 AM »
Ok I have 1 question on the rules?? Am I allowed to wear a thong bathing suit??? I'm only 320 lbs and 5' 6", and I look damm good in it. :bolt:

As long as you wear pasties, yes
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2010, 02:35:03 PM »
Rules,what rules.
                     Plan was to meet and put people with the names of those who killed me <shuold be most of you> .Im planing to maintain a nice buzz while the kiddies are awake and after dark PARTY like we should. altough I recently quit smoking, if your wear me and want to light up a cigg, or anything else fellfree dont bother me and wont here me complain. Use common sences dont be an amazinhunk. Just enjoy, and roll with the punches.Thats my plan

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »
Rules,what rules.
                     Plan was to meet and put people with the names of those who killed me <shuold be most of you> .Im planing to maintain a nice buzz while the kiddies are awake and after dark PARTY like we should. altough I recently quit smoking, if your wear me and want to light up a cigg, or anything else fellfree dont bother me and wont here me complain. Use common sences dont be an amazinhunk. Just enjoy, and roll with the punches.Thats my plan

sounds like a plan digr!!!  i will NOT be drinking as much as i did last year, i dont think my liver can handle another weekend like last year, it took me a month to recover!! i plan to hydrate whenever possible, hope the weather isn't too hot, if it is like last year, it was PERFECT. i plan to play some volleyball, mingle with all of the people that attend and have a good time!! this is the one weekend per year that i can call "vacation" and i am going to enjoy every minute of it!!  :aok :aok :rock
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2010, 03:40:44 PM »
I just re read that, didnt know the HTC had censors

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2010, 05:04:13 PM »
No volleyball for me...

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2010, 06:11:19 PM »
till you get pain free enough   :lol

Then it will be GAME ON  :banana:
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2010, 07:15:53 PM »
No volleyball for me...

thats what you said last year...we shall see....you was the one that walked up and said " hey betty lets get some teams together for drunken volleyball!!!"
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!