Author Topic: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!  (Read 52048 times)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »
I will bring the Bread. Will this be enough?

3 loaves White (Dragon, how good are you at making French Toast?  :D)
5 Packs of Hot Dog Buns
5 Packs of Hamburger Buns

I'll bring a bag of white powder, er, powdered sugar.  I have like 5 lbs of it.   :D

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »
Ok campers when Betty and I started this at my house five years ago badger8 did a painting job at our catering place so his labor supplied our food. When SHawk had it at his place he had an awesome wing place he hooked up with and we donated for them along with some other supplies Scott purchased at his house for year 2 & 3. Year 4 at the campground had wings and that year had started the party night fee since more then just wings were supplied. Year 5 will be at the campground again this year and Scott will be supplying the party night food and beverage again and those details/fees will be posted shortly. This event is growing each year. 2006 10 cartoon pilots. 2007 40 plus. 2008 50 plus. 2009 60 plus and this year to be announced. Give or take in the numbers since there were some who made the airshow only and I was not there the entire time due to newly adopted newborn baby boy ;)

Thanks to all the regulars and welcome to the noobs! I really am proud of our thang! It is great to meet you all and your families.

So now that we are getting to be such a big crowd we are learning year by year what "to do" and what "not to do". So far the "not to do list" is empty but, we decided on the "to do" list is to ask for help/contributions. This will make it easier for everyone who is camping and not just showing up for the party.

No one is obligated but, there are items so small that almost everyone should really bring something other then themselves and your own necessities.

Here is a list we worked on and I will be updating the list with name next to items anyone can commit to so feel free to PM me or post here what you can bring and I will update as we go. More then one name can be added to most these items since we can't have too much. Anything nonperishable can be put in bins and used next year or taken back by the person who supplied it. This should be very flexable. If something is already committed to I will make a judgement call on if we need more or not. Watch the list, try not to duplicate. If you feel something can be added to the list let me know. I do not have the time right now to look over this thread so if you are already planning to bring something on the list or not let me know so I can add your contributions. This list will also have a purpose for me after the party so let's keep it accurate.

Thanks!  :aok

Here is what we have as of now and it is a work in progress so bare with me I just wanted to get it started asap:

Matches
Flashlight - SGY
First Aid Kit -  SGY & ebdfd11
Insect repellent
Mosquito Fogger
Sunscreen - SGY
Lantern
Candles - SGY (candles)
Trash Bags - SWchef
Water
Charcoal - SWchef
Lighter Fluid - SWchef
Cooler
Can Opener - SWchef
Toothpicks
Sandwich Bags
Camping Pots w/Lids - SWchef
Coffee Pot - SWchef
Frying Pan - SWchef
Ice
Bottle Opener - SWchef
Plastic Spoons, knives, Forks - Betty & ebfd11
Napkins - Betty
Paper Plates - ebfd11
Plastic Cups - SWhavoc

Anyone contributing to the "meal plan" feel free to bring anything not listed just let me know and I'll add it:
(no need to add what you are bringing for only yourself this is a list to share)

Muffins
Chips
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Coffee - SWchef
Powdered Drink Mix
Fruit (apples, pears) - SGY
Ketchup - Betty
Butter
Mustard - Betty
Cheese - Betty
BBQ Sauce
Hot Dog Buns - Nefarious (5 pkgs.)
Hamburger Buns - Nefarious (5 pkgs.)
Bread - Nefarious  (3 lvs. white)
Hamburger Patties - Betty
Hot Dogs - Betty
Brats - SWchef (along w/Brat Buns)
Sausage Links - Betty
Eggs
Bacon
Hashbrowns
Potato Salad - Betty
Mac Salad - Betty
Pork Tenderloin - ebfd11 (approx. 30lbs.)
Powdered Sugar - SWchef
Steak - Digr1 (2or3 family pkgs.)

All I need is a post listing what you want to bring and how much. Then I'll repost the list with it added so we don't have this quote every other post. I'll remove the top information at the end of the week when I think everyone has had a chance to read it.

Thanks!!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:53:58 PM by shegotya »

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #392 on: May 28, 2010, 03:20:14 PM »
what no steaks, wife wont let me have steak and salt since the stroke, Im bringing a few packs of steaks for the grill. As long as I get one I wont care eats the reat of them:old:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:22:22 PM by Digr1 »

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2010, 04:00:28 PM »
what no steaks, wife wont let me have steak and salt since the stroke, Im bringing a few packs of steaks for the grill. As long as I get one I wont care eats the reat of them:old:

Ok my friend. I will allow you to smell them but, I must speak with the wifey about eating one!! I was very scared for you last month so I would have to say NO to the steak or at least give it time. I'll find you some "I can't believe it is not steak" steak. LMAO Got ya' on the list!

Oh and I got yelled at by the hubby today saying Hawks in 4. He said in 5. I still think SWEEEEEEEEP!!!!  :t

List has been updated!  :aok

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2010, 10:33:30 PM »
list is lookin good! im so happy to know that so many people are willing to share with people. with the economy the way it is, some of us are laid off work and just tryin to make ends meet. i am fortunate enough to have found a great job and if i am able to help in away possible, i am happy to. its awesome to see that i am not the only one that thinks like that.

this event gets bigger and better every year, i am totally stoked and can not wait! 49 days till i will be leaving for my annual 6 hour drive down to dayton!!!

michelle, i plan to shop for this stuff the night before or so, i will throw them all in my freezer and make sure that they are really frozen when i put them in the cooler so they do not thaw out on the trip down there. if there are things i see while i am shoppin that are on the list that need to still be grabbed, i will try to pick up as much as i possibly can.

everyone please stay tuned to this thread as shawk will be posting info on the gathering and with us getting so close, i just want to make sure everyone at least checks this thread once per day if possible....i would hate for someone to miss any info that is posted on here.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:35:21 PM by betty »
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »

Last year I was on the grill and steaks, lamb chops, burgers, dogs, chicken breasts, and several other cuts of meat were put on the prep table awaiting space on the grill.  I'm not an actual chef, but, I will spend most of the weekend at the grills.  Just because that is what I do on any camping trip.  I'll be bringing a wide variety of spices and I just got done cutting up a load of Apple wood that I plan to put in the grill.   :D

To me, this is a free for all on cooking the best food possible with the resources available.  The bratwurst I tend to boil in a mix of Canadian and dark German beer till the flavors can soak into the meat.  Set the hot beer pan aside, put the meat on the grill to brown, drop it back into the warm, reduced beer slurry to soak till the customer grabs it.  Apply condiments or topping as wanted.   That's how I roll.

The same tender loving care is given to any slice of meat put on the prep table.  Breakfast and lunch items are also seasoned and cooked to perfection.  

I am so looking forward to cranking out the 30 lbs of pork tenderloin.  :x  I'm working on several ways to prep them and should be able to crank out some bonzer good eats some time over the weekend.

:cheers:

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #396 on: May 29, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »
Hey, Bansh! I'm good. It's gonna take a stick of dynamite to knock the rust off, though. :joystick:

You ain't the only one!  Might as well nuke me.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #397 on: May 30, 2010, 12:17:56 AM »
Hopefully people show up this year that said they would last year, was expecting to meet some folks but they ditched us at the end. 

I'm going to bring ...something, not sure just what yet.  Big vacation planned mid June to Punta Cana, if I survive and have money left over I'll bring what I can.  I'll check the list around then and volunteer what I can.  Usually the food is the most scarce at gatherings like this, maybe I can convince flackfud to cook ribs   :devil ...or maybe we'll just bring more beer.  I'll check with you guys before to make sure I get something useful.

:aok

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #398 on: May 31, 2010, 03:07:04 AM »
Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but here's the link for the line up so far for the airshow; http://www.usats.org/pages/02_performers/featuredPerformers.html

Kinda nice to see the Angels headlining it. I, myself, never go to see them, usually see those red and white things :)

Also if ANYONE has pictures from the 2007 gathering, please let Betty or myself know.

And by popular demand, and a fore warning to those getting a hotel... stay away from the hot tubs!

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #399 on: May 31, 2010, 11:58:03 AM »
 :rofl  :lol  :banana:
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #400 on: May 31, 2010, 02:47:10 PM »
here is the latest info....

i spoke with shawk this morning and he had gave me this info to pass along to everyone...

prices for the party:

campers - 20.00 per person

non-campers - 30.00 per person

this money just helps with the cost of the food that is brought in for the party night, it helps to pay for the campground allowing us to use their property for the party and it also includes a money to help give the band some money for playing for us, they have to bring their equipment and everything so its nice to just give them a little something to show our appreciation.

the food on the list that SGY started will be food that will be used on friday, sunday nights. i plan to arrive down there on the 15th to get settled in and help prep for the party and stuff before ppl show up on friday.

~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #401 on: May 31, 2010, 11:36:54 PM »
How much is going towards the food from Shawk, and how much will be going to pay for the camp ground, and then to the bands?  Any idea or rough estimates?  Maybe some would like to donate more than others and would like to know if the "goals" are met.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #402 on: May 31, 2010, 11:49:33 PM »
Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but here's the link for the line up so far for the airshow; http://www.usats.org/pages/02_performers/featuredPerformers.html

Kinda nice to see the Angels headlining it. I, myself, never go to see them, usually see those red and white things :)

Also if ANYONE has pictures from the 2007 gathering, please let Betty or myself know.

And by popular demand, and a fore warning to those getting a hotel... stay away from the hot tubs!

(Image removed from quote.)

Do you know how long I looked for that picture?
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #403 on: May 31, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »
How much is going towards the food from Shawk, and how much will be going to pay for the camp ground, and then to the bands?  Any idea or rough estimates?  Maybe some would like to donate more than others and would like to know if the "goals" are met.

10.00 per person will go toward food
10.00 per person will go toward the band
10.00 per person will go toward chris for the campground

(thus is why the ppl camping will have already paid their 10.00 for the night for camping and will only pay 20.00 for the party fee)

Holiday Inn Dayton Airport

10 Rockridge Rd.

Englewood, Oh  45322

937.832.1234 ext 7151

Judy.sales@dixiemgt.com

GROUP NAME : ACES HIGH

GUEST LIST
1.   BETTY
2.   SheGotYa, Nghtmare & BabyGotYa
3.   KARAYA
4.   COPRHEAD
5.   SWCHEF
6.   SWHAVOC
7.   SWTHORN
8.   SWKILJOY
9.   SHAWK AND ROBIN
10.   BOXBOY AND BOXGIRL
11.   BJ229R AND WIFEY
12.   1MADDOG1
13.   MURDR AND HIS BAND TORN
14.   PK1
15.   OLDEMON
16.   NISKY
17.   TODDBOBE
18.   DIGR1
19.   LYRIC
20.   RACRX
21.   FORKER
22.   BADGER8
23.   BEARKATS AND LIL BRO
24.   JAXXO
25.   REAL
26.   WMSOL
27.   100HOOCH
28.   NEFARIOUS
29.   HAWK36
30.   EDFD11
31.   8SPADE
32.   ROLLEASY
33.   EEK
34.   SHAUNBN
35.   SABBY
36.   WMPAC
37.   WMLUTE
38.   PERDWEEB
39.   SUKOV
40.   FLACKFUD
41.   SINCRAFT
42.   TROOPER2
43.   WIDELOAD
44.   BIPOLAR
45.   DMGOD
46.   MCNASTY AND SONS
47.   TATERTOT
48.   NOMDE AND DAD (WWII VET)
49.   ROBERT SHAW
50.   SABBY

info on the campground:

This is NOT a KOA Campground or Public Facility. This is Private Land.
It's called Great Miami Adventures.
Located at 1995 Ross Rd. Tipp City, OH 45371
Sits right on the Great Miami River (Yes, he has Canoe's, Rafts ect. available)
He has plenty of room for several RV's and will be installing 4-5 50Amp services for those.
Tents can go just about anywhere you wanna set up.
Indoor Shower and Bathroom for those who just can't use a PortaPotty  Excuse me?!?!
Multiple Fire Rings along the River.
We'll have a Giant 150 Foot Water SlipNSlide setup Saturday for entertainment
Swings into the River (he got a big hole dug out under it)
Fishing if you like (Bring your Pole)
I recommend Life Jackets if your playin in the water. (Some will be available)
Plenty of Tables and Chairs under Pole Tents (Bring your own Chairs if you want comfy)

this was a copy of what shawk posted last year....

hotel everyone stayed at last summer:
Holiday Inn - Dayton Airport - NW
10 ROCKRIDGE RD
ENGLEWOOD, OH 45322 UNITED STATES

OKIES EVERYONE, WE HAVE PRICES FOR THE CAMPGROUND STUFF...

CANOES – $35.00 FOR 2 PPL
KAYAK – $20.00 PER PERSON
CAMPING - $10.00 PER PERSON/PER NIGHT

There will be more info available soon for preregistration stuff, so please stay tuned...we are just trying to find a way to make everything go as smooth as possible but i wanted to post this info for yall so that everyone would know the prices. we will have a price soon for the party also.

MULLETMAN JUST TOLD ME OHIO HAS A BAD TICK PROBLEM THIS YEAR, BRING TICK REPELLENT AND CHECK
YOUR HEAD AND BODY WHENEVER YOU ARE CLOSE TO A TREE!!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:58:27 PM by betty »
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #404 on: June 01, 2010, 06:07:29 AM »
SGY, here's my list:

Water, Grain, Hops, Yeast.    :D

My donation has begun   :devil

7% ?   :O   How did that happen?   :devil

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.