Author Topic: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!  (Read 52899 times)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!
« Reply #405 on: June 01, 2010, 11:47:15 AM »
SGY, here's my list:

Water, Grain, Hops, Yeast.    :D

My donation has begun   :devil

7% ?   :O   How did that happen?   :devil

Oh Oh I know, pick me...pick me.

Looks good VonMessa  :cheers:

Is that a UL approved zip tie holding the pump switch box to the stand?
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #406 on: June 01, 2010, 01:10:39 PM »

Oh Oh I know, pick me...pick me.

Looks good VonMessa  :cheers:

Is that a UL approved zip tie holding the pump switch box to the stand?

No, but it IS a GFCI receptacle on a GFCI breaker (yes, expensive)

The zip tie is temporary until I get this baby set up...   :devil

http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #407 on: June 01, 2010, 10:59:06 PM »
here is the latest info....

i spoke with shawk this morning and he had gave me this info to pass along to everyone...

prices for the party:

campers - 20.00 per person

non-campers - 30.00 per person

this money just helps with the cost of the food that is brought in for the party night, it helps to pay for the campground allowing us to use their property for the party and it also includes a money to help give the band some money for playing for us, they have to bring their equipment and everything so its nice to just give them a little something to show our appreciation.

the food on the list that SGY started will be food that will be used on friday, sunday nights. i plan to arrive down there on the 15th to get settled in and help prep for the party and stuff before ppl show up on friday.

Ok.. not to sound so nit picky, and I understand the campers paid theirs with their camping fee, but I think making someone pay $30 to show up to party for an hour or two, maybe longer is a little extreme. Perfect example, there was a family that came last year, stayed in a hotel. For them to come to the party this year would cost them $120, for a few hours. That's a little much.

From what I figured up, IF all 50 people on the list shows up.. multiply that by 2, majority of the people who came last year had at LEAST one person with them. At $20/head, we're looking at a minimum of $2,000, just for the party. I think that's more than reasonable.

For someone to show up for a few hours, and have to pay more money because they chose to sleep in a bed rather than a sleeping bag, whether it is because they wanted to, or because they flew into town and can't carry a tent on the plane, seems a little unfair.

It was $10/head per night for camping, and $20/head for the party. With all the donations with alcohol and food, I think that's more than fair..

Remember guys, there's a lot of people that go to this airshow and don't show up to the party. The goal is to get them to come, and charging them 30 bucks to see what everyone looks like is not gonna get them to show.

Just my $.02

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #408 on: June 01, 2010, 11:25:58 PM »
I got jipped last year....I paid my $20....then won the drawing...but left too early to pick it up  :furious  Unless PJ was pulling my leg  :o
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #409 on: June 02, 2010, 09:01:31 AM »
I got jipped last year....I paid my $20....then won the drawing...but left too early to pick it up  :furious  Unless PJ was pulling my leg  :o

no banshee, you REALLY did win but u wasn't there to collect. he isn't pulling ur leg, cuz we all was laughin about it! we knew that once you found out that you won but wasn't there to get it that you would be mad for not stayin a bit longer.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #410 on: June 02, 2010, 10:44:29 AM »
the food on the list that SGY started will be food that will be used on friday, sunday nights.

Will there be food served on Saturday for the campers? I will not be present on Sunday Night.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #411 on: June 02, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »
Will there be food served on Saturday for the campers? I will not be present on Sunday Night.

Yes
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #412 on: June 02, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »

u leavin out on sunday nef?
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #413 on: June 02, 2010, 03:37:26 PM »
Yep, just like last year, although I will probably stay a little later like Mid-Morning to Noon.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #414 on: June 02, 2010, 04:45:22 PM »
Yep, just like last year, although I will probably stay a little later like Mid-Morning to Noon.

:rock
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #415 on: June 02, 2010, 06:13:13 PM »
I'm sure this year will be a blast, unfortunately I can't make this one. My wife laid down the law this year, she said if I go anywhere it's to visit her Mother in Florida so I guess I'll be staying here in Connecticut this summer lol! I'm sure I'll be texting PK to tell me what's going on though   :aok

I'm already laying the foundation for the next year though  :noid

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #416 on: June 02, 2010, 07:05:38 PM »
I'm sure this year will be a blast, unfortunately I can't make this one. My wife laid down the law this year, she said if I go anywhere it's to visit her Mother in Florida so I guess I'll be staying here in Connecticut this summer lol! I'm sure I'll be texting PK to tell me what's going on though   :aok

Ohio kinda sort of on the way to Florida.

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #417 on: June 02, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
Lol Lyric, but then it would imply that I'm considering visiting my Mother in Law which definitely isn't happening  :bolt:

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #418 on: June 02, 2010, 07:09:40 PM »

That's it...it's a definite no for me now!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #419 on: June 02, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »
Hey DaPup, I'm coming from Pensacola. I'll drag her up to Dayton if you like. . . from the rear bumper :rofl :rofl :rofl.   :salute from North Haven High Class of '78
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso