Author Topic: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!  (Read 52079 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Re: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!
« Reply #690 on: July 16, 2010, 04:41:31 PM »
Leaving now for Dayton, will be there ~9pm...will pick up some extra things once I get to Dayton.    :cheers:
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #691 on: July 16, 2010, 11:25:02 PM »
wondering who actually showed.  Is hooch100 the goon master there?  Hope so. 

see you all at the party tomorrow. 

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #692 on: July 17, 2010, 09:41:44 AM »
We're not on the official list because it wasn't official until just now but my dad (Redge) and I will be driving up for the party. I realize it's a little late but we'll be happy to pitch in whatever way we can.

EDIT:My wife and lil brother (Jish) are comin' too.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:03:52 AM by Dace »

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #693 on: July 18, 2010, 09:20:58 AM »
Sorry we couldn't stay longer folks, Dad was squeakin' from the time we got there about how hot it was. I really don't know what he expected. Next year the wifey and I are gonna do it right now that we know more what to expect.

Really glad I got to meet everyone and finally put some faces with the callsigns.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #694 on: July 18, 2010, 10:11:05 AM »
Crap, crap, crap... We just landed back in NY, needless to say missed my connect to CVG.

OTW to counter to see if they can do something.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #695 on: July 18, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »
Was a fun trip, aside from the 500 mile drive.  The airshow was cool, and getting wasted with you guys was great.  Boxboy is way crazier in person than I expected lol..in a good way.

<S> guys

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #696 on: July 18, 2010, 06:35:33 PM »
Woo Hoo. Home safe and sitting down to eat a meal that I didn't have to cook.

Had a GREAT time with ya'll, as usual. Looking forward to next year already.  :D
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #697 on: July 18, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »
Great times, See ya next year... :cheers:
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #698 on: July 18, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »
Thank you SWedish Chef for the hard work of cooking the food to perfection for everyone!  Plenty of food was provided by many people and the few that made the trip for Amish food was definitely worth it.

Big Thank You to Betty and SheGotYa for making this awesome event happen once again.  Everyone that showed made this event that much better.  Many other players also helped immensely by having a great band play for hours for us, camp ground reservations and also by quick runs to the store for various necessities for everyone.

Having the opportunity to meet so many AH players in real life is awesome and unforgettable.  I was glad to see many familiar faces from previous Dayton gatherings years ago, as well as new faces this year.  I wish the weekend was more than 2 days...  :cry  Hope to see you all again next year.  In the mean time, I'll see you in the AH skies. :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:50:47 PM by Kermit de frog »
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #699 on: July 18, 2010, 10:41:16 PM »
After it was all said and done, the next day I'm thinking to myself.

I wonder what they did with all that food!  and, I wonder what the final take was for the band.  The band did a great job, and the chef did a great job making sure there was food for people to eat.

SWHavoc, what can I say man, you're the best for providing all that beer.  I know many others contributed immensely too but this one stands out obviously.

Cooler after cooler after tub after tub FULL of food ready to be cooked and beer ready for chuggin...

I think I had 7 different beers, including the home brew which I'm kicking myself for not keeping one of the bottles.  Followed with 4 or 5 yuenglings..

Was fun playing drunken volleyball.  Was tired from walking all day at airshow but glad to have enough gas left to partake. 

between that and the ...uh.... a lot! ... of beers, I slept very well that night lol.

Oh and mad, thanks for the chilli!  Was very surprised that people weren't killing that quickly.  Don't know if they saw it or not, but it was DAMN good!  Honestly, I had 5 helpings.  Wasn't trying to hog it, but after seeing not many grabbing it up I scarfed that stuff down like it was my last meal.  very good and CONGRATS on the trophy!!!

Glad to see all of you again,... boxboy as usual is a funny guy.  If you can't laugh after talking to boxboy for a while, you're dead inside lol.  He's a 'spirited' guy. 

Many others made it a great picnic/party.  Too bad others didn't show.  Seriously, why?  EVERYONE gets along there.  I think some people think its going to be a geek fest with a buncha dudes sitting eating chips talking about a video game. 

Hopefully some of that high def video will leak out and you'll get a better sense of what it was like there and SHOW UP next year.   big salutes goes out to everyone that made this happen. 

Again , glad to see you all again, and meet some new faces, sorry I didn't get to everyone but ...I'm lazy and just like to drink and take it all in.   Pretty much just met the people that I bumped into. 

See ya's next year hopefully!  :cheers:

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #700 on: July 19, 2010, 02:36:48 AM »
Just got home 30 minutes ago after 14 hours of driving. Will comment later when I get up after a very long siesta. :bolt:
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Reeser

• Zinc Member
« Reply #701 on: July 19, 2010, 08:09:49 AM »
No body ever invites me.................

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #702 on: July 19, 2010, 08:15:44 AM »
Were there any survivors? If so post pics of event to prove same...............lol

EZRhino

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #703 on: July 19, 2010, 08:34:50 AM »
I know there is Pics and Video... Patience
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #704 on: July 19, 2010, 10:46:26 AM »

C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)