Author Topic: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!  (Read 52039 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: OFFICAL DAYTON 2010 GATHERING THREAD!!!!
« Reply #705 on: July 19, 2010, 11:46:11 AM »
I've seen some of the footage and some of the pics.

They are out there in abundance and will undoubtedly start to flood the BBS soon.

I would like to say thank you to everybody involved in putting this together.

First class all the way.

Between Chef cooking all day (gawd bless 'em), Havoc and his generous contribution of enough party favors, supplies, and booze to take care of a large SuperBowl party, to SHawk with his  too many to count contributions (still can't wait to see the Video Forker did of the band) this turned into quite the fun weekend.

It really was great meeting everybody and I for one had a blast.  (who knew I would end up liking Jaxxo??)

Like my squaddie Sabby said yesterday; "we really need to do this twice a year".

I can't wait to see what everybody thinks was the funniest moment of the weekend.  Mine involves Boxboy, a fly swatter, and a brief reenactment of the Adam Sandler song "Medium Pace".

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #706 on: July 19, 2010, 12:01:24 PM »
ya im gonna need to see the video so i can remember so of the weekend.    Im Still fighting off the alcohal......

As usual nothing but one hell of a time!   Thanks to all who make it happen and to all who partake in the fun!

i have a feeling when the video is posted ill be doing one of these --->  :bolt:

To bad most of you missed  Nisky and the tent pole, and his inner stripper coming out!   it was hot!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:31:35 PM by boxboy28 »
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #707 on: July 19, 2010, 12:54:30 PM »
To bad most of you missed  Nisky and the tent pole, and his inner stripper coming out!   it was hot!

Coulda sworn that was Betty...
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline Madkow

• Copper Member
« Reply #708 on: July 19, 2010, 01:02:35 PM »
I had lots of fun and it was nice to meet all of you. Forker has some nice video of Boxboy.  :rofl

Fungus
Kommando Nowotny                                                     
Since tour 90

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #709 on: July 19, 2010, 01:20:33 PM »
After it was all said and done, the next day I'm thinking to myself.

I wonder what they did with all that food!  and, I wonder what the final take was for the band.  The band did a great job, and the chef did a great job making sure there was food for people to eat.

SWHavoc, what can I say man, you're the best for providing all that beer.  I know many others contributed immensely too but this one stands out obviously.

Cooler after cooler after tub after tub FULL of food ready to be cooked and beer ready for chuggin...

I think I had 7 different beers, including the home brew which I'm kicking myself for not keeping one of the bottles.  Followed with 4 or 5 yuenglings..

Was fun playing drunken volleyball.  Was tired from walking all day at airshow but glad to have enough gas left to partake. 

between that and the ...uh.... a lot! ... of beers, I slept very well that night lol.

Oh and mad, thanks for the chilli!  Was very surprised that people weren't killing that quickly.  Don't know if they saw it or not, but it was DAMN good!  Honestly, I had 5 helpings.  Wasn't trying to hog it, but after seeing not many grabbing it up I scarfed that stuff down like it was my last meal.  very good and CONGRATS on the trophy!!!

Glad to see all of you again,... boxboy as usual is a funny guy.  If you can't laugh after talking to boxboy for a while, you're dead inside lol.  He's a 'spirited' guy. 

Many others made it a great picnic/party.  Too bad others didn't show.  Seriously, why?  EVERYONE gets along there.  I think some people think its going to be a geek fest with a buncha dudes sitting eating chips talking about a video game. 

Hopefully some of that high def video will leak out and you'll get a better sense of what it was like there and SHOW UP next year.   big salutes goes out to everyone that made this happen. 

Again , glad to see you all again, and meet some new faces, sorry I didn't get to everyone but ...I'm lazy and just like to drink and take it all in.   Pretty much just met the people that I bumped into. 

See ya's next year hopefully!  :cheers:

+1

The band did well.  Between the cash and never ending food and beverages, it was a win win for everyone.

I too forgot to grab any of the home brew for home.  :cry

Again, a huge  :salute to Von for making that for us.  The Porter was phenomenal.  I think I had 12 or so on Friday  :rolleyes:
Saturday I had quite a few of the IPA, wonderfully done.  I sampled the wheat, thought it was incredible, but it just wasn't going down as well as the other 2.

I wanna give a huge   :cheers: to Lyric for the monumental pile of charcoal, as well as the ribeye's, ribs, brats, ice, ..........oh, and the crate of alcohol.  I think I'm still able to taste that rum  :uhoh

The Amish corn, sausage, mushroom burgers, steaks, goat cheese, .......  :rock

The contributions were endless, a big  :salute and thanks to all who donated time, food, drink, and/or a helping hand.  And I believe that covers everyone.

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #710 on: July 19, 2010, 01:26:30 PM »
I wanna give a huge   :cheers: to Lyric for the monumental pile of charcoal, as well as the ribeye's, ribs, brats, ice, ..........oh, and the crate of alcohol.  I think I'm still able to taste that rum  :uhoh

Oh man...

I think I found myself in front of the "Lyric Crate o' Blackout Funtime" 4-5 times Saturday night.

I seem to recall 3 diff. types of Rum he had that were varied in strength.

I grabbed one and I remember Lyric telling me "oh you don't wanna do THAT one.  That one is DEATH!. "

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 01:28:54 PM by WMLute »
— George Patton

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #711 on: July 19, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »
Last thing I remember from Saturday night was me Lute, Karaya, and Lyric sitting in a circle after doing shots...I know my head was doing the circle of blackout doom.  I think I made it till 1:30 lol needless to say I slept like a baby on that dirt without much padding.

But everyone there was cool, you gotta love Lyric...and Chef..dang that guy was the MVP he made food for about 9 hours straight.

The list of people I can remember...

1maddogg1?
Shawk
Nomde
Nisky
Forker
Fungus
Tf15pin
Betty
Shegotya
SWCHEF
Sabby
Karaya
WMlute
Hawk36--
Jaxxo
Todd
Boxboy-hilarious
Boxgirl
Thats all I can remember off the top of my head but there were a handful more. 

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #712 on: July 19, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »
I didn't drink much as my job requires me to hold a clean license, so I gladly played DD for my squaddies Lute and Sabby.   So here she goes.....

It was great meeting everyone.   I believe I actually chatted with all of the attendees and it was more than "hey! how are ya".   Which shocks me, but I tend to make the most of these events.  I missed the visual of Lute catching Box with the fly swatter.  

So now MY "Highlight of the weekend" would have to be Lyric Sat. night for two things: Saying "Here we go again. (Rivet pop, pop) and the chair brought Lyric down.   But on a less funny note for a few of us getting deep into some family history  related to WWI, WWII and Korea.   We should have been taping those discussions which damn near had to be close to two hours.

I've known Nomde, Dace and Lute for my entire tenure of this game and got to meet ALL THREE this weekend.   Most of all though, I'm glad I got to meet my current CO, squaddies Sabby and WMpac77.  

Oh yeah, they're are a ton of pictures and I think I'm gonna be in a couple of good ones, being sober.    A brief run down,

Scott - Friday was a blast.  As well as pissing people off in the Kroger's parking lot with the stereo on the Ice Run.   :rock   Oh and Comfortably Numb was probably the best tune of the night and they managed to "make it their own".   :rock :rock
Forker - You and I have managed to NOT refrain from busting major balls at two of these things so far.   I'm glad you decided to come up again, you're a great guy.  Oh, Jaxxo and I will regain our Cornhole Title!  :uhoh
Fungus - Yesterdays chat over my breakfast at the Waffle House was great.   You also gave me some good travel advice on where to go in NE, I thank you for that.   :rock
Chef and Killjoy - I tried keeping you both sane by telling some one liners at key moments.   I also dealt with Chef directing traffic at the Volleyball Court.    
68RacrX - It's always good chatting with you and getting you to laugh as well.   It sucked you had to work yesterday morning, so it made the few hours you were there great.
Belial - It was cool chatting with you and now telling you "how it was", so I hope things are cool now.  
Boxes and BJ - Boxboy it was 7 years since was last saw each other and it was like we never had that gap.   Beej, it great meeting you and hanging out all weekend, including the Museum.   Sucks the wifeack couldn't make it.  
Nisky - Oh man, did you have any fun, you seemed so down and out of it.  J/K.   I believe we had some of the best pranks/jokes of the weekend.   One included dropping the roof of Jaxxo's tent.  
Jaxxo - We're a dangerous combination.   Nothing but jocularity and smartassery.   It was great to have finally met you as well.

I'm still recuperating from the weekend as it was just hot and humid.

VonMessa - Thank you for the "merchandise" and for the beer!  :cheers: :cheers:

Lute - I'm glad we finally got to meet.  I had a blast chatting with you and look forward to meeting you again.   We did the right thing by staying at the Holiday Inn Express.  
Sabby - The wifeack wants to go to the Museum in Sept'ish, I'll hit you up.   We're gonna surprise our kid with all of those planes.  
Pac77 - It was great chatting with ya and horsing around.  

Finally, SGY and Ngtmare - I'm gonna miss you in Kalamazoo now.   But I'm glad you guys are able to have folks to be able to help you in your move.   Thanks again for breakfast, Marc that's why I did what I did when I hollered out yesterday.   :cheers:

Until I remember other things, I'll enjoy reading others commentary.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #713 on: July 19, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »
This was my first dayton event and I am glad I went.

I met some cool people, although it is sometime wierd when you put a persons face to the voice you know(sometimes that voice doesn't fit) but everyone was cool and we had a good time.

Todd
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #714 on: July 19, 2010, 03:50:05 PM »
wow...what a weekend huh?

just got home not long ago, got my car unpacked and now im on the bbs checkin in. i don't know where to start! i left to go to my sisters house yesturday and got caught in a huge thunderstorm so i got me a hotel room, todd and his wifey polly and family came to the hotel in findlay to visit me along with his friend ryan that he brought to the gathering. it was awesome when we hit the hot tub and pool for a bit! great end to a FANTASTIC weekend!!!

i have read everyones AAR's and SGY and i would like to thank everyone for the kudos, these events are a little stressful to put together but in the end, they run smooth and everyone has a great time which is all that matters to us both.

kermit, i had a absolute blast hangin out with u this weekend, prolly the best weekend for me in 2 years also! i really missed you froggy and we will get together soon before you leave indiana! maybe we can hang out a few times before you leave :)

SGY and nghtmare, once again it was awesome to hang out with you guys! i wish you guys lived closer damn it! we could hang out ALOT!!! i cant believe how big jacob has gotten! he looks more and more like his aunt betty everyday! *wink*

jaxxo, once again your crazy fun to chill with!

nisky, what can i say, your that lil brother that picks on me but i will have to admit that you make this event loads of fun! im so glad you came to hang out on thursday instead of waiting till friday!!!

boxboy & boxgirl, we had sooooooooo much fun, boxboy, im really proud of you! you didn't violate anyone this year hehe...

lute, all i can say is wow, your a very cool guy and it was great to finally meet you.

karaya...DA NOW!!! I'LL SEE YOU THERE!! :)  it was nice to see you once again also jay!

chef, what can i say, you always have the best meat! *wink* thank you for bein the best chef we could EVER have at one of these gatherings!

havoc, thank you for everything doug, you rawk!! :rock you truely are the beer guy!!!

real, was great to see you again after a few years!!! hope you will be able to attend next year!!

lyric, you crazy aussie friend! sorry my liver couldnt handle your aussie drinks but i promise next year i will drink more!!

maddog, i think it was very cool that you had your puter there for music and for kiljoy to play his game on!! it was coolies to hang out with you once again sir!!

racr, send me a pic of you and ur snuggie! you know how i want it! *wink* once again i got the first hug from racrx after he got there!! woot woot!!

fungus, you sir are truly fun to hang out with! you had me crackin up all weekend!! i made a mental note to NEVER go to a grocery store with you and forker ever again! *can't take them 2 out in public, its NOT a good idea!!!*

forker, you handsome old guy you! i am soooooo happy that you were able to make it and i am grateful for the time i got to spend with you!!!

nomde!!!!! i am soooooooooo happy that you and your dad were able to make it!!!! its about damn time! i hope you both had a good time! it was nice to finally meet you after 7 years!!

vonmessa! you sir rawk!!!  :rock i brought home one of each beer bottles! they will stay full and on my shelf in my dining room forever! they are a great keep sake to have! thank you for making them special for our gathering, SGY and i are very grateful!!! hopefully you can make it to the next gathering!!

todd and ryan, im happy that you both came back saturday for the party!!!! i wish i had more time to hang out with you both but hangin out at the hotel last night was coolies! todd, tell polly and the rugrats that it was VERY nice to meet them all!!!

sabby, you big bully! always runnin into me and pushing me over!! HOW RUDEEEEEEEEEEE!!! *wink*, was awesome to meet you also!!!

hawk36, finally got you down there to the gathering! very nice to finally meet u, i wish i had more time to chat with you!

sincraft & flakfud, it was great to see your familiar faces once again! im happy that you both were able to make it again!!!

belial, i was surprised on how timid you were in person, you seem much more aggressive in the game! im glad that you were able to make it! it was nice to meet you! oh and tell your bother i said hes a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBB! *wink*

nefarious & rosie, you guys are soooooooo fun to hang out with! i am glad that rosie came and had a great time! she cracks me up!!!! i hope that you both will be able to attend next year! great seeing you again nef!! you didn't seem so nervous this year like you was last year! *grin*

i know there are many that i have missed but my brain is fried and i am sure i will make a "version 2" of this post later, but to all that i have not mentioned, it was such a great weekend! this was our 5th year anniversary of the AH gathering that SGY and i started, i am very happy with the turn out and wish more people from AH could have attended!

shawk, when i got home i was checking the numbers on the wrist bands, i had 37 AH players and a couple refused to wear their wrist bands *looks at lute and sabby*  there were 57 arm bands that were handed out, i know there were 15 or so of your personal people that did not have them on, you need to call chris as i know he was not happy that he didn't make much money off this event like he wanted to. i do believe there were like 15 people give or take a few that did not pay to be there for the party that said they were there with you and robin, so that would mean that chris is still owed money.  i am happy to hear the donations paid for the band so there were no out of pocket expense for them for you and robin.

to everyone that brought food and beverages to share, a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE thank you from both SGY and myself! we had tons of food and drinks!! it was well worth the 5.00 for the people that only came for the party IMHO!!! all you can eat and drink for 5.00 per person! not bad at all!!!! doing the share thing really did work out lots better than ordering wings and there was much more food so everyone was able to eat this year!!!!

SGY, i will call you shortly about the numbers and make sure i don't have any mistakes in my adding. i just wanna make sure that your numbers and mine add up.

see yall in the game shortly! i'll be on to fly in bout half hour!!  :salute and once again thank you ALL for a GREAT weekend!!!

~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #715 on: July 19, 2010, 04:24:36 PM »
Sounds like a freaking blast.  Bummer I couldn't make it, but so happy to hear it all went well.   :cheers:
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #716 on: July 19, 2010, 05:31:31 PM »
   It was wonderful to get home and take a 15 hour nap. Lawd knows I needed it. It was only a 2,200 mile week for me. The last leg was the 800 miles last night/this morning. Anyway, Thanks SWchef  for letting me race last Tuesday at your house in Cleveland and allowing me to sleep over with Swkiljoy.  :rofl kiljoy and I got there in Dayton Wednesday before everyone and had a great night on the phone talking to girlfriends and trying to watch Avatar and various movies.
   Thursday, a few started to filter in but the day started to get a little foggy when we began hitting my Goldschlager, Spumante and all the shots that began to be made up. Thank goodness for Chris, the owner of the campgrounds for getting the power poles activated. Was able to move my system up under the big tent and put some music on for everybody and watch some movies off and on. Thanks to Scott for giving me that mini surround speaker set.
   Friday was very rough with the hangover I was nursing but a couple of SoCo bombs and a cold beer took care of getting the day going. Chillin’ out in the river was great. Need to do it sooner next year and figure out how to put a cooler out there as a floating beer barge so we don’t have to make any runs up that damn hill. Maybe we can even have a small grill on the shore for burgers and such…lol. Thanks OGIE for bringing the all the wood and Scott’s grill. I was glad to help out as I could getting all the stuff off the truck. I must remember next year not to cook chili out in the bright burning sun. Either that or drink a little more so the heat won’t even be a bother…imagine that. Betty, at least I didn’t bring as many beads as last year but, you gotta admit, my tent did have the biggest balls.  :O
   What can I say about Saturday? It was one big blur. Had a lot of fun though with Nisky and jaxxo running over limbs in jaxxo’s new truck. Too bad I didn’t have the camera near by when the bumper was hanging half off.  :x  A big I’m sorry goes out to Kaz who made it . I wasn’t much for conversation when you got there. I was in a big fog to say the least. The knees were giving me a little hell, the pain killers helped a little but the alcohol helped make things a bit blurry. Thanks SheGotYa and Nightmare for the trophy presentation for the Enduro Racing League Second Season. It was a big surprise.
   I ended up with the a bit of Von’s beer as I was leaving Sunday. Was told to grab it. I’ll take an inventory of it later to see exactly what is left for those that may want some of it still. Von, how long is the beer good for? Will it age well for next year pleasantly if I bring it up?
   As everyone else, It was great to see all of you there that could make it especially all the peeps from last year and there are just too many to mention. (As I am beginning to get OLDer, it’s hard to remember a lot of things ### ) WOOOOOOOOT! Only 12 more months to go till next year! When my head is finally clear from the trip, I’ll probably start a new thread with picks in it.

:cheers:  :salute     1MADDOG1    (Jerry Garcia Lives)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:33:10 PM by 1MADDOG1 »
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #717 on: July 19, 2010, 05:32:45 PM »
Sounds like a freaking blast.  Bummer I couldn't make it, but so happy to hear it all went well.   :cheers:

You got to find a way to come next year Brandon.  These Gatherings continue to get better and better.   :rock :rock

<S> Nomde.  Very glad to finally meet you after nearly a decade.  I am very lucky to have meet you and your father.  I hope you do read those books by next year, as I plan on reading the same ones come next year.  If only we can convince Silat to join us for next time.   :D

Sabby, you fluff'n rock!  I hope I get the chance to fly with you in game.  Thanks for the "encouragement" to continue drinking on Saturday!   :lol

Lyric, I was once again afraid to drink the stuff you brought over, but perhaps next year I'll man up and have at it.  I hope your daughter does extremely well in her future and I hope to see you again next year.  Great talking with you as always.

Nisky and Jaxxo, you guys are fluff'n crazy.  I thought I knew tons of movie quotes, but you two alone surpass me by far as I could barely keep up most of the time.  I was kind of bummed that we couldn't continue with the volley ball game with ~14 AH players involved.  

<S> SGY and Nightmare, I very much enjoy your company.  Great to finally see your very happy child Jacob.  He is very lucky to have you two as his parents.  I wish you all the best for your new adventure.

Great to see Nef, Dace, Hawk36, Digr (bad arse mofo!), real, havoc and many "new to me" AH players.

I was bummed to see text messages before event telling me they would not make it.  Hope you can next year.  

Oh and Betty, I may just drive up to Michigan in the next month.  :)  Thanks for the tent, I'm just happy I found in sometime early Sat morning, after I woke up wandering the campground.... :noid

As I remember more, I'll try to post it!  

:rock :rock :rock
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #718 on: July 19, 2010, 05:53:22 PM »
No body ever invites me.................

woah, I remember you...

When you coming back?
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #719 on: July 19, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »
ok its slowly but surely all starting to come back but i cant make a list of all the names and what to say........im still in that detox stage.......ya i drank some of that stuff lyric said not too......you know the whole "dont tell me what i can and can not do!"   im still paying the price...... when that guys tells you Dont! you better listen!

Im glad Nisky woke me and boxgirl up for the EPIC 2nd year in a row Lyric chair break down! (never planned just happens) too bad Jaxxo wasnt sitting in his lap this year!

mem's that stick out were:

Meeting every one and putting the vioce and name with a face...........you never know whats on the other side of the mic!

I gotta give a big <S> to Wappo for taking our van load and getting into the airshow for FREE(he has the hook up)  even though boxgirl went and got us tickets  that morn.

For the record i remeber Betty trying a pole swing and falling with a few others to confirm this!
But it couldnt compare to nisky climbing the pole and swinging his arse all the way down and not falling...welll till a few shots later when he tried again!   Nisky hows that rope burn on the inside of your thighs feel?

Classic!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!