Author Topic: Pilot Wound First shot every flight P51-D  (Read 817 times)

Offline Jethro_Bodine

• Zinc Member
Pilot Wound First shot every flight P51-D
« on: March 23, 2010, 04:22:34 PM »
I just came back from about a 4 month break and it seems every flight, on the first shot on me I get a pilot wound. I have never experienced this and was wondering if it was a known bug with the latest updates. If now then can someone please look into it

It's been about 10 flights now and 9 out of 10 I have gotten pilot wound first shot. (P51-D only so far)
Spicoli

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Pilot Wound First shot every flight P51-D
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:40:58 PM »
Maybe it's just luck.  :headscratch:
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:16:04 PM »
Sounds to me like you're rusty and flying into a well-placed stream of lead.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Jethro_Bodine

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »
no no, this happened from flak and aircraft from all directions.
Spicoli

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 04:27:58 PM »
The best suggestion would be to start filming at the start of each engagement.  If this happens and you have it on film, send the film to support@hitechcreations.com so they can see if there's a bug.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 01:46:43 AM »
I just came back from about a 4 month break and it seems every flight, on the first shot on me I get a pilot wound. I have never experienced this and was wondering if it was a known bug with the latest updates. If now then can someone please look into it

It's been about 10 flights now and 9 out of 10 I have gotten pilot wound first shot. (P51-D only so far)
me too, and put me on fire with just one ping. :headscratch:

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 02:57:30 AM »
no no, this happened from flak and aircraft from all directions.
Well theres your answer if it's from all directions no wonder you got pilot wounded.You can pilot wound a guy with a pistol 2 more shots,he's dead.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 07:17:23 AM »
Well theres your answer if it's from all directions no wonder you got pilot wounded.You can pilot wound a guy with a pistol 2 more shots,he's dead.

Assuming that everything the OP said is true (and we have no reason to think it isn't), then getting a PW on the first hit in 9 out of 10 sorties should be a statistical impossibility...
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »
Assuming that everything the OP said is true (and we have no reason to think it isn't), then getting a PW on the first hit in 9 out of 10 sorties should be a statistical impossibility...

It is a statistical improbability, not an impossibility.  Think about the law of large numbers.  Even if there was greater than a one in a million chance of that happening, that means with the millions of sorties that take place here, something like that was not just likely, but certain to happen at some point.  Think of it like flipping a coin.  It's not impossible at all to get a string of 50 heads in a row.  It's improbable, but nowhere near impossible.  Every time you flip the coin the odds of it coming up heads are the same.  Even if you're flipped it and it's come up heads 49 times, the next flip is still 50/50. 

Every time you get shot at, your odds of taking a pw are the same, even if you've been pilot wounded the last 10 sorties in a row.  Improbable, yep, but impossible, not at all.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »
It is a statistical improbability, not an impossibility.  Think about the law of large numbers.  Even if there was greater than a one in a million chance of that happening, that means with the millions of sorties that take place here, something like that was not just likely, but certain to happen at some point.  Think of it like flipping a coin.  It's not impossible at all to get a string of 50 heads in a row.  It's improbable, but nowhere near impossible.  Every time you flip the coin the odds of it coming up heads are the same.  Even if you're flipped it and it's come up heads 49 times, the next flip is still 50/50. 

Every time you get shot at, your odds of taking a pw are the same, even if you've been pilot wounded the last 10 sorties in a row.  Improbable, yep, but impossible, not at all.

Well it's only certain to happen with infinite trials, but point taken.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 08:40:57 PM »
Just bad luck.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 08:59:27 PM »
Don't let them get a gun solution.   This works really well for me in my pony.  :)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 08:32:48 PM »
Jethro, what you need to do is pm a friend and ask him to help you test it out, up a 51D and get your buddy in a gv or fighter, and tell he/she to shoot the wing or some other part of the plane the pilot isn't located in, if you get a pilot wound then, it could be confirmed as a bug.

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 03:13:07 PM »

Was flipping a coin couple years ago, I remember I had got a head 20times in a row... since then, I believe in luck... AND bad luck.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail