Author Topic: Supply Convoys  (Read 422 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Supply Convoys
« on: March 28, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »
Ok, another noobey question.

Do supply trucks and trains have to be sent by a player?  Or do they automatically make supply runs to bases on their own?

I am wondering if this is something I should be looking for and attacking while in enemy territory?  :airplane:
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Supply Convoys
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »
auto generated

you can attack them if you desire, just watch out for the AAA guns on the Trains........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 05:27:22 PM »
Also, there is a set time in which they arrive, but not a fixed distance they have to travel on the map. Some truck convoys can go screaming along at extreme speeds if they have longer distances between the convoy generation hub and the end destination (the airfield). Best to stay off roads if you're in a GV.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:48:28 PM »
Do the trains even exist any more?
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 05:52:25 PM »
It is map-specific. If the map maker puts them in there, they do.

Most of the time (and this is subjective, just what I noticed) I see them going to/from strats.

Now that all the strats are in one mega-strat, you might not see them unless you're flying in and around that area.

So it might seem like they're not around, but I think they still are.

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 05:57:44 PM »
Yeah, when did they move all the strats into one clump way in the back  :cry I used to love porking these whenever I didnt feel like dogfighting n such. Me and some buddies used to have great fun attacking these. Once, we even rode a half an hour to one in M3's and destroyed the place, and ambushed the train  :D