Author Topic: His 80th.  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
His 80th.
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:05:36 AM »
Last year in one of the threads about world war two soldiers who have in the past, or do still play in Aces High, many members expressed a desire to be informed when Herr Vilkas’ 80th birthday rolled around this year.   I stated I would let the community know when that day was approaching.

One week from today, on April 9th (interesting sidebar is that this day is also my wedding anniversary), we will be celebrating and toasting Vilkas for his 80th.  Most of you know him, and perhaps part of his story.  That of course is his business, and I won’t discuss on the bbs, but I will share that having been conscripted at age 13, and still in very good health and spirits, Vilkas, god willing will surely be one of last of the axis force veterans alive in this world, as the men and women of all sides of the war are departing ever quicker with each passing day now.

If you know him, you love him, as I do.  He is that type of man.  What he has given to all of us in the squad is really not expressible in words, and the game takes on a whole different level for those of us privileged to share in it with him.

FSO is kind of throwing our plans off a bit, but we will get him in the MA before FSO, and he will surely be with us in the SEA at 11:00 PM EST for the squadron ops.  Perhaps we will up a large buff raid in the MA beforehand and let Vilkas go from ship to ship in the gunner positions.  There would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

In the very least, we invite you all to stop by on Vox 111 next Friday night and all weekend, with your well wishes for him.  Or send him a personal message in game if you like.  I am fairly certain he won’t see this thread, and I am wholly certain that he would be touched and moved by everyone wishing him all the best, on his 80th.

Thanks.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: His 80th.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 09:13:10 AM »
Will do Herr Stampf. <S>
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:26:22 AM »
Amazing to hear this Stampf.  Enjoy his company and learn a bunch for all of us.  A salute will be sent in game if possible! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 09:35:16 AM »
Will definitely make plans for this next weekend.  :salute
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 09:59:16 AM »
I'll put it on the calendar and try my best to be there for it.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 10:09:51 AM »
Vilkas is one the best gunners in the game as well one of the best men. He is one of the nicest if not the nicest I've met on the game.

<S>
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 10:43:04 AM »
Now that. gentelmen, is what this game is all about.  :salute Vilkas, happy birthday  :rock.  I will make the time to salute him in game next Friday.   :joystick: :airplane:
Wag more, bark less.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 11:09:22 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Stampf.

If he wants to participate in FSO just say the word. Will be glad to accommodate how ever we can for your squad and his participation.

Happy almost anniversary. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
If I'm on, I'll do this. <S>
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 11:23:54 AM »
Having the pleasure of flying with JG11 for a time, I can say that Vilkas is the heart of that squadron.

I will be out of town on April 9th, could I send you a PM that could be read to him that night?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 11:25:31 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Stampf.

If he wants to participate in FSO just say the word. Will be glad to accommodate how ever we can for your squad and his participation.

Happy almost anniversary. :)

Thanks dd.

Actually I fully expect him for FSO. Perhaps my wording was misleading. In fact, he recently received his short range day fighter clasp in silver, for successfully completing 60 FSO sorties... ;)

Maybe we could do one of those Arena Wide special announcements right before launch? That would be great, and I can hear the tears rolling now. That would be most special for the 500 or so FSO players to all wish him well, and Happy 80th B day in text, right before launching.

I would consider myself indebted for that my friend.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:27:30 AM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 11:26:09 AM »
Having the pleasure of flying with JG11 for a time, I can say that Vilkas is the heart of that squadron.

I will be out of town on April 9th, could I send you a PM that could be read to him that night?

Of course, Del.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »
Thanks dd.

Actually I fully expect him for FSO.  Perhaps my wording was misleading.  In fact, he recently recieved his short range day fighter clasp in silver, for succesfully completing 60 FSO sorties... ;)

Maybe we could do one of those Arean Wide special announcements right before lauch?  That would be great, and I can hear the tears rolling now.  That would be most special for the 500 or so FSO players to all wish him well, and Happy 80th B day in text, right before launching.

I would consider myself indebted for that my friend.

That would be great! Having 250 people Saluteing him on all, and 250 people saluting him on country!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »
I will most certainly wish only the best to Vilkas.  Be it FSO or on his birthday!

(I have an 88 year old father a decorated veteran of WWII, so I do share the feelings for vets.  Fortunately now I can finaly beat him at Golf  :lol)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 01:42:24 PM »
 Nothing is as imersive as have Vilkas sing you into battle,I'm hoping Mr Vilkas Sir!! is in fine voice that evening as I fully expect him to sing JG11 into battle for that evenings FSO.

I have greta respect for my friend Vilkas and I wish him many more years of happiness! And yes I agree Del,Vilkas is the heart and soul of JG11.

:salute