Author Topic: Kill shooter question  (Read 1381 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Kill shooter question
« on: April 03, 2010, 10:46:11 AM »
I know how kill shots work.  In fact some newb kill shot himself on me twice yesterday on purpose.  I was actually trying to pull into his tracer stream the first time but was gliding and couldn't quit do it.  Not to worry, he did it himself then re-upped and did it agian.

But that brings up a question.  Later last night the Bish had taken a GV base.  After the fight had cleared out I was still there at the base in the tower.  There was a smoking friendly plane coming in to land and someone in the manned ack was firing at him.  They never hit but my understanding of killshooter is that if he had the manned ack would have most likely been destroyed.  Is that the case?

If so it's something that should be fixed because all an enemy would have to do is send someone to the other side and killshoot all the manned acks at a field to eliminate them.  If that's not the case then nevermind.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Re: Kill shooter question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 11:11:01 AM »
Shooting friendlies in a manned ack doesn't destroy the gun.  I do it to my squaddie all the time, how I practice my aim in the blasted things most times and of all the times I've gotten hits on him it never destroys gun, just bugs the crap outta him is all. :)

If it did kill it, think of all the dead 5" guns on CVs we'd have!
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:38:19 PM »
I believe it works as like on like...plane on plane...GV on GV....

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 01:15:49 PM »
get rid of the killshooter all together and go to the old AW way, kill 2 friendlies and no ammo for 24hrs just supplies or troops. Would teach alot of spray and pray guys some fire control

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 01:20:53 PM »
get rid of the killshooter all together and go to the old AW way, kill 2 friendlies and no ammo for 24hrs just supplies or troops. Would teach alot of spray and pray guys some fire control

If we had the AW PNG system, there would be some players that would never any ammo for their fighters.  In AW, after the two friendly kills to get a 24 hour PNG, each friendly kill after that added an additional 24 hours.  I like the idea but HiTech has already stated he hated the AW PNG, guess he got hit with PNG a few times.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 03:04:28 PM »
If we had the AW PNG system, there would be some players that would never any ammo for their fighters.  In AW, after the two friendly kills to get a 24 hour PNG, each friendly kill after that added an additional 24 hours.  I like the idea but HiTech has already stated he hated the AW PNG, guess he got hit with PNG a few times.

ack-ack

Maybe if the PNG was reduced to 30 min- few hours instead of a day? I don't think that is unreasonable, it's not like anyone that is TRYING to play right if going to killshoot themself twice. A few pings here and there in a dogfight, sure, but not a kill.

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 04:37:58 PM »
Maybe if the PNG was reduced to 30 min- few hours instead of a day? I don't think that is unreasonable, it's not like anyone that is TRYING to play right if going to killshoot themself twice. A few pings here and there in a dogfight, sure, but not a kill.

Not a bad idea IMHO.. I never played AW but that does sound like an interesting concept..  :bolt:

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:08:30 PM »
I think there might be larger subset of the population than you might think that would worry a LOT less about who they spray if they know they can get away with it a few times before it affects them...

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »
No.  I don't want some love muffin fragging me because he's about to log off and doesn't care if he is PNG when he's asleep at night.

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »
i SAY MAKE FRIENDLY SHOTS DO NOTHING. IT GETS REAL irritating when im pounding away at an enemy plane, and some n00b flies in my bullet path and makes me suicide
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »
PNG: ...

Lets see,some one you don't like is flying a 262 on your side. You think, hmm I can afford 1 death .

A buddy of yours is on a 30 kill streak, you think Hmm I wonder what he would do if I ....

You are on a 40 kill streak about to land, a newbie takes off and shoots you as you are about to touch down.

HiTech

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 08:30:25 PM »

Lets see,some one you don't like is flying a 262 on your side. You think, hmm I can afford 1 death .

A buddy of yours is on a 30 kill streak, you think Hmm I wonder what he would do if I ....

You are on a 40 kill streak about to land, a newbie takes off and shoots you as you are about to touch down.

HiTech

HiTech, I don't mean it like that. I mean to leave it the way it is now, and if some noob is deliberately shooting you and killing himself (not a few pings here and there, an intentional "I wanna kill you" burst) then he should get a PNG for a few minutes to a few hours.

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 09:31:19 PM »

HiTech

Good point....

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 10:16:38 PM »
I'd leave it as it is.....if someone is shooting over my shoulder, I can either break off, or into their bullet stream. Had a couple of inadvertent killshooter kills, but that happens. If someone is purposely shooting at me from my side, help yourself, no damage to me, but bye bye you lol...

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 10:36:32 PM »
I'd leave it as it is.....if someone is shooting over my shoulder, I can either break off, or into their bullet stream. Had a couple of inadvertent killshooter kills, but that happens. If someone is purposely shooting at me from my side, help yourself, no damage to me, but bye bye you lol...

Wurzel

:aok  If someones purposely shooting at me, heck ill help him tower out real fast, It wont hurt my plane and it gives me a good chuckle
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch