Author Topic: new update RECOIL added  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: new update RECOIL added
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »
I will after I finish the 5 HOUR DOWNLOAD!!!

I wish HTC would remember not everyone has broadband. :furious

So, what do you suggest we do?  Block you from the arenas while a CD is mailed?  I can assure you that would take a lot longer than 5 hours.

There are times a large patch is unavoidable.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 11:07:47 AM »
Muahahahahaah :devil  and i thought 2 minutes and 17 seconds for my crack was a long  wait. :devil :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 11:18:16 AM »
So, what do you suggest we do?  Block you from the arenas while a CD is mailed?  I can assure you that would take a lot longer than 5 hours.

On the subject of long downloads....is the in-game download speed limited?  Curious since I can never seem to break 5-6KB/s (according to the #b/s readout), yet if I Download it from the site it gets 150-250kb/s.  Likely just this awful internet connection, but just curious.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 11:35:48 AM »
I will after I finish the 5 HOUR DOWNLOAD!!!

I wish HTC would remember not everyone has broadband. :furious

Lol!  Let me guess, you have America Online 3.0 and are living in 1994 still?

Welcome!  You have mail!

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 11:42:21 AM »
Hey rpm,

look for an internet BROADBAND point !     :neener:

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 11:45:32 AM »

On the subject of long downloads....is the in-game download speed limited?  Curious since I can never seem to break 5-6KB/s (according to the #b/s readout), yet if I Download it from the site it gets 150-250kb/s.  Likely just this awful internet connection, but just curious.

No, the auto-updater is not speed limited.  Chances are, when a patch is released, there are a few hundred people all downloading at the same time, whereas the link we provide in the WEB information goes to another server.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Flayed

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 12:37:42 PM »
Hey rpm,

look for an internet BROADBAND point !     :neener:

:salute

In some places this is not an option.  Thndregg and I were both stuck on Dial up until fairly recently also.     Always bugs me when people make comments like this as if everyone every where has the same options. 

Though complaining about the time it takes to download something when you know your on a slow connection doesn't really help either. You know your connection is slow so ya just have to deal with it, we did.

As far as adding recoil to bombers, They did that quite a while ago.   I remember it well, for a while I couldn't shoot worth a crap but then got used to the shake and was back to being spot on again.  Don't even notice it at all now. 
Bringing peace to the MA's 1 explody thingy at a time! :)

Pork em Pork em all!!!
  And the best quote EVERRRRR!!!
"All I can say is wow,some people are really stuck on stupid."
HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 12:49:19 PM »
  In some places this is not an option.  Thndregg and I were both stuck on Dial up until fairly recently also.     Always bugs me when people make comments like this as if everyone every where has the same options. 

Though complaining about the time it takes to download something when you know your on a slow connection doesn't really help either. You know your connection is slow so ya just have to deal with it, we did.

As far as adding recoil to bombers, They did that quite a while ago.   I remember it well, for a while I couldn't shoot worth a crap but then got used to the shake and was back to being spot on again.  Don't even notice it at all now. 

We do the best we can to keep patches and updates as small as possible.

HiTech

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
When faced with a very lengthy download. just do what I used to do.
Start the download before you go to bed. Then by the next morning your set to go.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 10:50:30 PM »

We do the best we can to keep patches and updates as small as possible.

HiTech
I think HiTech answered my complaint the best. I understand a big patch is a big patch, but not knowing everything that is interconnected when you have to make an update all I can do is sit back and wait for it with a 56K connection. From my uneducated POV it looked like it could have been chopped up into smaller updates over a period of time. If that was unavoidable, then it was unavoidable.

I just hope you guys at the mothership understand us guys out in the boondocks have no broadband option other than satellite and we all know that isn't a viable option to play the game with the delay it has. We're still just as addicted to the game with our string and tin can connections as the players in the suburbs with broadband.

Thanks again for addressing my complaint HiTech. <S>
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 11:24:05 PM »
only took like 5mins to download that how long did it take everyone else?
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 12:05:08 AM »
About twelve seconds using a download manager from the main page link.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 10:06:26 AM »
I think HiTech answered my complaint the best. I understand a big patch is a big patch, but not knowing everything that is interconnected when you have to make an update all I can do is sit back and wait for it with a 56K connection. From my uneducated POV it looked like it could have been chopped up into smaller updates over a period of time. If that was unavoidable, then it was unavoidable.

I just hope you guys at the mothership understand us guys out in the boondocks have no broadband option other than satellite and we all know that isn't a viable option to play the game with the delay it has. We're still just as addicted to the game with our string and tin can connections as the players in the suburbs with broadband.

Thanks again for addressing my complaint HiTech. <S>

rpm, do you know someone WITH broadband? Some one at work? If you do, you could swing by their place and have them download the patch/updates and either burn it to a disk or slap it on a memory stick. Then you could just install it from there when you get home. Just an idea.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 10:31:30 PM »
I just did what I've always had to do. Give up the idea of flying for the night and let it d/l overnight.

Honestly, it was just a flippant remark and I didn't expect everyone to get so wound up about it. I live 1.5 miles outside the Sprint/Embarq/CenturyLink  DSL coverage area and they are not going to extend it anytime in the near future. I tried getting microwave but I can't get a decent line of sight to the ISP tower because of the topography and trees. I could erect a 100ft tower but then I would be the biggest lightning rod for 5 sq miles register with the FAA and add lights.

To add insult to injury, my ISP is Partnership Broadband. I'm one of the very few dialup customers they have. I could tether to my cell phone and get a faster connection, but that is (cough) illegal. I'm about 10 miles from AT&T 3G coverage. If I bought a tethering plan I would still have to pay for a 3G connection even tho I can't access it.

I live between Rock and Hardplace.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 04:28:37 AM »
satellite not avail?

for awhile I used a sat. connection for stuff like surfing and downloads and a dial up to fly on. 
(dial up is 100xbetter to fly w/ than sat. and well worth the $10 I was paying for it)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit