Author Topic: MY ARENA CAP IDEA  (Read 4251 times)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
Re: MY ARENA CAP IDEA
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
Im not sure how many 2 week trials are started on an average day but could it be required to have a 1 time training/information session with a trainer before being allowed in the LW arenas?  Until that session is held newbs are only allowed in early and MW arenas?  In this session the overall dynamic of the larger LW arenas could be explained? 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2010, 04:02:27 PM »
Im not sure how many 2 week trials are started on an average day but could it be required to have a 1 time training/information session with a trainer before being allowed in the LW arenas?  Until that session is held newbs are only allowed in early and MW arenas?

Again, why?  What's so special about LW?  Is it because you have some skewed sense of only the elite should be allowed into Late War?  If I loved WWII history and felt a connection with a certain Late War bird, found Aces High and went online with the hopes of actually being able to see what it was like to fly said bird...only to find out the game won't let me get into that "special" Late War arena...I'd uninstall the game and look elsewhere.

How long would it take to find and set up time with a trainer?  Would his two week trial start only after this training session so he can fly the plane in the arena in which it's available?

Not poking bears, just responding to comments.  Nothing wrong with an exchange of information and ideas.  No need for anyone to get upset or hostile.

Not being upset or hostile.  Just wondering why you keep trying to sell an idea to Hitech when he so eloquently stated his opinion:

Because you pay me to fly in the environment I provide. And I provide the environment that the greatest number of players want, not what you want.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2010, 04:10:42 PM »
The problem as discribed by Skuzzy was that HiTech discoverd that the two week trial members were not subscribing.  That's why in my suggestion I offered that two week subscribers only be allowed in the capped arenas.  if  the majority of subscribers want the capped environment then they would play in the capped arena, not the uncapped one.

That was not the problem as we described it. We said we were no longer growing, after change we started growing again.  "that the two week trial members were not subscribing" and my statement are not in any way the same.

And people vote with their $ every day in answering that question.

HiTech

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2010, 04:43:05 PM »
That was not the problem as we described it. We said we were no longer growing, after change we started growing again.  "that the two week trial members were not subscribing" and my statement are not in any way the same.

And people vote with their $ every day in answering that question.

HiTech

The degradation in social interaction leads directly to players not subscribing as they perceive the community as unfriendly. 

I stand corrected, I assumed the subject was players not subscribing and assumed it was in reference to new players not subscribing after the two week free trial. I did not consider the renewal of a subscription.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »
I was just throwing an option out there.  I personally never had a problem with any arena when i first started playing.  Not sure if i really count though since i played AH1, quit when the new AH2 version came out then have played off and on since.  I dont like the cap myself and i dont seem to be in the minority group.  Being a business owner myself I can see HTC point of growth.  Number of players logged on at a given point in time doesnt change how much money HTC makes from the recurring billing per month.  If you are playing less because you are unhappy with the format of the game but stay as a subscriber and new players are also added HTC gets the "growth" they are looking for.  If long term players do decide to quit as long as new subscribers outnumber the people leaving in the short term you have growth.  Just hope the long time players that are lost due to their frustration doesnt in the long run outnumber the new subscribers that play for a month then lose interest.  That will be interesting to see.

To put it very bluntly.

Because you pay me to fly in the environment I provide. And I provide the environment that the greatest number of players want, not what you want.

HiTech

Actually I pay you to play in the environment that is provided by the social dynamic in the game.......  The game itself is beyond quirky and the social atmosphere makes dealing with said quirkiness easier.  If i didnt have the 200 channel to complain about a tree flipping a 40 ton tank and the majority of people to remind me its a GAME what would I do?  
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2010, 06:52:29 PM »
meh, ignore this.

Beaten horse is beaten. heh
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:54:03 PM by Knite »
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2010, 08:29:35 AM »
HI,

My ideas on AH growing are related to the possibility to have good landscapes where to fight
and something that creates conditions between furballing and 1 vs 1 fight.

For example, have target around, as we had before (factories, etc.), created a condition
of the kind i said. I went there to damaged enemy side and hide myself waiting some
enemy pilot    :D

It needs more target for few players only also one player at all:

About good landscapes I means nothing that must be necessary super graphically advanced
but something more variety winter, desert, as I suggested in other post. If I must died in a fight
I prefer to do so while I admire something that Dover sea or Colosseum or also little sheep (where u
took them)!

I know that is not a word but lines of code and compromise between costs and benefits.
 Or try to use players help like players maps. The help of the rest of the world is a resource
as planes skins show (and we need some new skin! P51b are very awful).

:salute

mobilis in mobile