Author Topic: Error during update  (Read 322 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Error during update
« on: April 12, 2010, 01:33:09 PM »
I downloaded the patch to update the game from 2.18.4 to 2.18.8 (it was updated to 2.18.7) and I got this unwelcome message in the end:

What should I do?
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Error during update
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »
I don't have any problems updating from patch 4 to 8.  Your file may have gotten corrupted and the patcher is unable to complete the operation.  The only means to fix it for you is to just download the base and install that right over your existing installation.  Don't uninstall first if you want to keep everything intact.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »
Gian, I take it you were on 2.18.7 when you manually downloaded the update?  I tried it to then noticed it says "Only if your current version is 2.18.4, if you have 2.18.7 you need to update via in-game updater", or there about.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 01:58:18 AM »
Oooouch! Yep, I made that mistake!

Thanks, Pyro, I'll download the whole game again and try.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 06:17:03 AM »
Gian, I take it you were on 2.18.7 when you manually downloaded the update?  I tried it to then noticed it says "Only if your current version is 2.18.4, if you have 2.18.7 you need to update via in-game updater", or there about.

this is what i had to do also.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 09:19:25 AM »
Ouch, I'm sorry Gian, I completely misread your post and didn't see that you had Patch 7 installed.  In that case just hit the autoupdater and it will give you the right patch.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:20:06 AM »
Ouch, I'm sorry Gian, I completely misread your post and didn't see that you had Patch 7 installed.  In that case just hit the autoupdater and it will give you the right patch.

Even if the game was correctly patched to 2.18.8? I got the message only at the end of the process, and only for the viewer. I'm sorry to bother you again, but I'm at work, right now and I can't check it right away.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 10:49:05 AM »
You're in a strange situation.  I don't know how the rest of the game could have been patched but it will continue to break on you every time there's an update until you get back in sync with all your files.  The only way to assure that is to install the base download again over your existing installation.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »
Gian, you sure it updated?  I got the same problem when installing, at the same point but it didn't apply the update due to that error.  Just had to start AH and auto-update no troubles.
Pyro would know better, but I assume that is the only part that failed due to being the reason for the patch?
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 02:05:50 PM »
Gian, you sure it updated? 

Back home, I checked and it didn't update: I just assumed it did, because the error box specifically referred to the film viewer. I finally managed to update via autoupdater, thank you all for the help and sorry if I made you waste too much time on this! :)