Author Topic: Graphics  (Read 812 times)

Offline SCABIUS

• Zinc Member
Graphics
« on: April 12, 2010, 08:49:16 PM »
[img]Since the update today 4/12/10 there has be a problem with mt in game graphics. When I first start everything is good but after a few minutes my view changes. don't really know how to explain it so I took screen shots.  these are in lvt
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s198/Scabius_photos/ahss5.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s198/Scabius_photos/ahss4.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s198/Scabius_photos/ahss3.jpg

The only thing I have done was the newest update, I rebooted but that didn't fix it
Your help is greatly appreciated

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
Re: Graphics
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 02:53:37 PM »
Try hitting the "HOME" key. That should put your view back to the default. You may need to reset all of your views for every a/c and vehicle.
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 06:29:42 PM »
Looks like the same problem I've been experiencing, which made flying - or even gunning - totally impossible during the last frame of the most recent scenario.  At the time I completely reinstalled the game but it made no difference, although it did seem to only affect me in the SEA.  However, tonight I logged into one of the MAs for the first time since then to find I can't even leave the tower, as my clipboard keeps flipping to the left-hand-side of my screen and while there is un-clickable.  There is a suggestion that it involves dual core so I will probably get my husband to pursue that one....
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 06:32:01 PM »
Try hitting the "HOME" key. That should put your view back to the default. You may need to reset all of your views for every a/c and vehicle.
Wish it was that simple... I tried that, and F1, but neither of them worked.  I am getting this on a freshly installed version and have not had a chance to even set any views yet!
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 07:51:59 PM »
Flossy!  Hi!

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 06:17:08 AM »
Flossy, right-click on the Aces High startup ICON, select "Properties", then select the "Compatibility" tab, check the option to run the applicatio in compatibility mode, and select "Windows 98/Windows ME" from the drop down list.

Sounds like your computer has a dual-core AMD CPU in it which has a known problem in multi-threaded applications using high speed frequency timers, or possibly a mobile Intel dual core and the company saved a buck by eliminating the second high frequency timer.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 11:40:01 AM »
Flossy!  Hi!

ack-ack
Hi ack-ack!  :)  ~waves~
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:03:47 PM by Flossy »
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »
Flossy, right-click on the Aces High startup ICON, select "Properties", then select the "Compatibility" tab, check the option to run the applicatio in compatibility mode, and select "Windows 98/Windows ME" from the drop down list.

Sounds like your computer has a dual-core AMD CPU in it which has a known problem in multi-threaded applications using high speed frequency timers, or possibly a mobile Intel dual core and the company saved a buck by eliminating the second high frequency timer.
Thanks, Skuzzy, I'll try that!  :)
UPDATE: - btw, although it is dual-core, it is Intel not AMD if that makes a difference.  Anyway, tried the Compatibility suggestion and at first it appeared to have worked.... but then my clipboard disappeared altogether!  It sometimes reappears but never long enough to do anything and at one point the sky outside went very dark at the same time!  Each time I tried I had to Alt-F4 to get out.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:01:52 PM by Flossy »
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 06:10:01 AM »
Ok Flossy, I need to see a DXDIAG output.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 08:07:08 AM »
Curious -are you  running shadows on other planes in graphics settings? If so, try turning them off and see if it helps.

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 06:25:52 AM »
Ok Flossy, I need to see a DXDIAG output.
OK check your email....  :) 
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 07:33:49 AM »
Curious -are you  running shadows on other planes in graphics settings? If so, try turning them off and see if it helps.
Waffle you are wonderful!  :)   No idea why shadows made a difference but yes I did have them on.  Turned them off.... and all is well!  I was able to actually play long enough to land two kills just now so I would definitely say my problem is cured.  Thanks   :D  :salute
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun