Author Topic: Timid  (Read 7086 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Timid
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2010, 07:39:14 PM »
BTW The most "timid" pilots to me are some of the ones I've seen since the ack change at the bases.

Sure you have your standard ack huggers.
but the timid guys are the ones that come in with all kinds of alt and E advantage. and as soon as you wear them down to its even close to an even fight. they run and circle their ack
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2010, 07:48:24 PM »
Good luck.
Good point.

This has had 120 posts in less than 13 hours? :huh i...uhh....what did i start here? :rofl
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2010, 07:55:39 PM »
You will be a masterbaiter in no time Bar   :old:
Lighten up Francis

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »
Only one of the points you listed (#2) is only really relevent to being timid.  Some planes are condusive to fight a certain way.  A FW 190D-9 is suited for BnZ and Energy Fighting and not Angles Fighting.  So, you're basically saying that if you don't turn, you're timid and that is a rather broad and inaccurate statement.  I would suggest the problem with most that BnZ is that they don't know how to do it properly, which leads to cries of being timid.  Someone that knows how to properly BnZ can easily manage and triumph in a multi-vs. one engagement. I would hardly call someone like that timid.  YMMV.

Going for plane that is injured or RTB isn't timid, the attack has no way to know if the guy is bingo or not and if the guy that is damaged or trying to RTB is caught in the area of battle, he's fair game.  

If you see a con that is higher and you're able to grab long enough to get coalt, how is this being timid?  Or are you trying to say that anyone that does not fight at a disadvantage is timid?  No offense but I've seen you many times grab outside of a furball so you can be either co-alt or higher than the attackers.

Someone that HO's isn't an indicator that someone is timid, it's just an indicator that you may be facing someone that doesn't know how to fight or have a good grasp of ACM.

Your last point is really funny.  The same could be said of anyone that flies a Bf 109K-4, P-51D or any other number of aircraft in the game.  Your last point is just another of those idiotic "I fly a man's plane, you don't, so you're timid" comments, like giving someone crap for flying a Spitfire.

As I mentioned in my previous post, it's since time immortal, timid has usually been reserved for someone that doesn't fight at all and will only engage if there is absolutely zero risk of danger when they do.  It's not from how someone fights, you can be an E fighter and still be very aggressive and the opposite is true, you can be an Angles fighter and be extremely timid.  

ack-ack
For the BnZ comment I meant they do it in whatever they fly. My last point wasnt to troll any hog or 38 sticks, the majority I come across are normally perch grabbers.

I wish I would have saved the film but I ran into trigg3r from the blind bats, he was in a corsair at 18k and I was in a Temp at 12k....we were all alone no other dar around. After several failed BNZ attempts I almost got to CO E and he ran towards home I followed. Once I was within 1k he split S backed towards base eventually runnning into his ack and called some buddies to help. These are the type people that make me think Hogs and 38s are normally timid.

HOs in my opinion is just an easy way out of a fight, kinda like kicking someone in the nuts...nuff said

"If you see a con that is higher and you're able to grab long enough to get coalt, how is this being timid?  Or are you trying to say that anyone that does not fight at a disadvantage is timid?  No offense but I've seen you many times grab outside of a furball so you can be either co-alt or higher than the attackers"
Need film with that, I normally go right into the fight....gets me killed alot but I feel it makes me better in the long run. What Im talking about is the person who turns around toward friendlys to grab more alt, its like they are using their friendlys as bait.

I know certain planes cant really "turn" but even with a dora or P51 you can merge with a plane getting an advantage on them and keeping it a fight, not running a sector then coming back on top.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2010, 08:04:09 PM »
I don't think flying a 262 in itself is timid at all.  There's different ways to look at the game you play and fight your opponents.  Using a wise player's analogy, when a group of organisms get together, like fish, bees, gnats, etc, they form a swarm.  The swarm acts like a separate organism in itself.  Sure, in a 262 you aren't fighting the one bee or the one fishy (usually), but you are fighting the horde/swarm.  A blob of skilless red icons embodies the same qualities of the analogy.  There's no sense in trying to pick out one guy in a horde and fight him, as he is no longer 'one', you are fighting a small piece of a bigger opponent, the horde.  To fight it requires smart flying and thinning it out in any means necessary. 
That's true, although all of last night i was in a 262 below 5k picking on lil nitties who couldnt attack me. To tell you the truth i got so aggressive that i actually made the mistake multiple times of allowing an enemy to get within 600 yards of my 6... In fact a C205 got 400 off my 6 and didnt hit me once! :huh how i did not die i do not know. I know friendlies cleared my 6 but each time they could it was after the enemy was over 1k away and no longer a threat... when i usually see 262s they're actually ZnBing. The entire fight i was under 400mph and sometimes as slow as 200 turn fighting other planes. There was no enemy horde mentality and both sides had 6 people fighting at the most and we were outnumbered and the enemy had alt mostly. I never flew "smart". or maybe im just misinterpreting your statement grizz.
You will be a masterbaiter in no time Bar   :old:
YES!!!! the power...i feel it already... :t :D
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »
I could only manage 6 pages out of these guys on my last troll attempt.  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2010, 08:10:06 PM »
Flying a 262 on the deck and picking planes that are taking off is timid :noid

:devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2010, 08:17:47 PM »
I could only manage 6 pages out of these guys on my last troll attempt.  :D
Who said anything about trolling :uhoh       :rofl i remember that thread though. Left it nice and quickly :bolt:

:devil
Wouldnt that be less timid due to the 37mm auto acks shooting ur wing off? I avoid vulching in 262s :rolleyes:
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2010, 08:54:18 PM »

Lol not timid, but definitely sneaky and rude.   :P

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2010, 09:51:47 PM »
High 262s have never worrried me. It's the ones on the deck that make me nervous.
Lighten up Francis

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2010, 09:54:48 PM »
High 262s have never worrried me. It's the ones on the deck that make me nervous.
thats the only way to fly one. no need in getting above 5k. its pointless
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2010, 10:11:15 PM »
 While there have always been hordes in these flight sims over the years, its only in the past 3-4 years I realized that most people prefer to fly in them, picking at the scraps and surviving, rather than going someplace with few cons but a guarranteed good fight.

Be a lion..hyenas are funny looking.

~AoM~

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2010, 10:54:27 PM »
Ok... I was just reading a wishlist thread about the name in lights in game and was reading about timidness. Time to see what people consider "timid" and what isn't. Like if you're in a 262 could a person NOT be "timid"? or if you're in a zero could you actually fly away from a fight and be able to be timid? Opinions and light discussions only please :lol ... im tired of these stupid thread locking name maimer arguments back and forth.

Keep it in the context in which it was used in that thread you mentioned.  I do believe I was the one who used timid first.

For me the timid guys are the ones who leave the fight to land their kills when there is still a fight to be had.  It isn't about broken birds, or out of ammo or fuel.  It's about being so concerned that folks will see your kills landed and give you a big attaboy, that you fly to avoid a fight you can't win for sure.

Bottom line is, whatever is fun for you is the way to fly.  I can't see not turning back into the fight if I still have enough parts on the old 38G to do so.  The fun is trying to survive as long as I can.  Of course that usually isn't long, but it's fun for me.  I don't expect that everyone feels that way, but since I'm not really dying and 38Gs are free, I figure I'll use them up.

Bottom line is, whatever is fun for you is the way to fly. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2010, 11:00:41 PM »
Keep it in the context in which it was used in that thread you mentioned.  I do believe I was the one who used timid first.

For me the timid guys are the ones who leave the fight to land their kills when there is still a fight to be had.  It isn't about broken birds, or out of ammo or fuel.  It's about being so concerned that folks will see your kills landed and give you a big attaboy, that you fly to avoid a fight you can't win for sure.

Your 4 .50's never run out of ammo, that's why you don't have ot leave the fight. lol 

I fly til I die or run out of ammo.  I rarely run out of gas.

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2010, 11:08:56 PM »
Your 4 .50's never run out of ammo, that's why you don't have ot leave the fight. lol 

I fly til I die or run out of ammo.  I rarely run out of gas.

I tend to run out of gas before ammo but then the Lightning has a crap load of ammo that even with 5 kills I usually still have over a 1000 rounds left.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song