Author Topic: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!  (Read 12815 times)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2010, 03:23:42 AM »
I just do not think many of them will  come over to aces high. On their forum it doesn't even seem like an option. Wish I could post and tell em to come over. I think Thorsim came from over there and he is a good guy to fly with.
Nah Thorsim was Thorwb in warbirds when I was there a few years ago. Funny same stuff in their forums too. I'm almost tempted to sign up to the game so I can be a sort of missionary and lead them away from wildsatanbill. Lots of complaints on their forum about how long warbirds is taking to download. They even mention WWII online as an option, two weeks of that and I was over it.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2010, 05:47:32 AM »
I just do not think many of them will  come over to aces high. On their forum it doesn't even seem like an option. Wish I could post and tell em to come over. I think Thorsim came from over there and he is a good guy to fly with.

thorsim was from WB.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2010, 06:39:45 AM »
No  :old:
With all the joking aside.   There are alot of virtual pilots who just had their cosy rug snatched from underneath them.  how would you guys feel if the same happened to HTC?

IF they have the desire to keep flying and dying they will need assistance.  Over the last 5 years I've had several guys come to me and ask for my help.  Stick mapping,  View preferences,  WTH is going on in the MA.  

Some very good sticks who have flown for years couldn't grasp not having a padlock system or a forced cockpit.  Of course they will need to want to learn and expect to get shot down.  

As a community I would ask to spend a few hours in the training arena to assist.  You might just make some friends you never knew you had.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2010, 06:58:28 AM »
I didn't see even a mention of AH on their boards,  seems like someone could post on the AF boards about AH........mabye let them know how good we have it.  Dudes were looking at WW II online....screw that.
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2010, 07:27:11 AM »
I just let off some posts thanks to a friend whose forum account works. 

Lets see how quickly PPS removes the shameless advertising of Aces High.    :bolt:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline aamack

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2010, 08:05:10 AM »
Having flown in Fighter Ace extensively after AWIII folded, my observation is that community has it's good pilots as well as a percentage of ultra melons.
The real action there was always in the arcade arena rather than (the more realistic) total combat. AH is the better game, though.
I think we should welcome these people. The weak should fall be the wayside quickly. There is also a percentage of old AW people there who know their way around. :aok

Offline Admiral

• Zinc Member
Re: Fighter Ace 4.2 is going out of business!?!
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2010, 08:14:12 AM »
Well I guess I am now forced to fly this damn game!  

=s=

Admiral

ps: Bruv I changed the subject to accurately state the version.. lol (like it matters)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2010, 08:41:21 AM »
Well I guess I am now forced to fly this damn game!  

=s=

Admiral

ps: Bruv I changed the subject to accurately state the version.. lol (like it matters)

Being forced to play Aces High 2 is like being forced to make babies with Scarlett Johanson.

Oh the humanity.

Admiral, it's up to you to lead your flock over to safety.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 09:08:48 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2010, 09:05:24 AM »
I wonder what fuzz's problem is, we're only trying to help. I think a chill pill is in order and all he needs to do is come and try it out.
I just popped onto their forum - and I am sure they'll troll as well to see this. Apparently the powers at be don't seem to welcomed to make money because they seem to be trashing FA players. I think it's funny because it is supposed to be a business, right? The initial trash is against Ken Jr. and then goes to the general populace of current FA players, and onto WarBirds ownership as well as a big "told ya so" to FA ownership.
I may just go over there to give them an asswhoopin' in the name of FA - that's right AH subscribers - watch for Fuzz!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 09:11:15 AM by phatzo »
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2010, 09:08:17 AM »
well facebook works!!    :D

~S~  drake

Welcome to rescue FAer HQ.  Warbirds is not the answer and the more people we can turn to the light the better   :banana:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2010, 09:10:41 AM »
Having flown in Fighter Ace extensively after AWIII folded, my observation is that community has it's good pilots as well as a percentage of ultra melons.
The real action there was always in the arcade arena rather than (the more realistic) total combat. AH is the better game, though.
I think we should welcome these people. The weak should fall be the wayside quickly. There is also a percentage of old AW people there who know their way around. :aok

Thats the spirit mack.   As long as their good pilots have some backbone and patience they will do just fine.  Look at me  :uhoh
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »
I get AJAX Muha ha ha (rubs evil chin)  :devil

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2010, 09:42:19 AM »
"I will be giving that game another go and look forward to slapping Bruv and Kazaa around like little school girls."   :rofl

I nearly spilt my TEA !!    :O

You have some brass balls that is for sure.   My Spitfire  >  than your K4   anyday.  Bring it   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2010, 09:59:51 AM »
Being forced to play Aces High 2 is like being forced to make babies with Scarlett Johanson.

Dude, you really need to get out more.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2010, 11:08:09 AM »
Either I'm missing seeing posts, or my CO and fellow squaddies are talking to themselves. 

:D

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.