Author Topic: Thank you on the M4A3!  (Read 9273 times)

Offline jay

• Silver Member
Re: Thank you on the M4A3!
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2010, 07:25:49 PM »
so we are getting 2 tanks or only the 76 with no rockets????   :confused:  :confused:   :noid  :bolt:

btw tank set now epic (more) uneven than it was :/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:27:26 PM by jay »
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2010, 07:53:17 PM »
so we are getting 2 tanks or only the 76 with no rockets????   :confused:  :confused:   :noid  :bolt:

btw tank set now epic (more) uneven than it was :/
Two tanks.

How is it uneven?  Germany vs USA, UK, and USSR and you think model totals should be the same Axis vs Allies?

That said, a Panzer IV D would be nice.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »
Two tanks.

How is it uneven?  Germany vs USA, UK, and USSR and you think model totals should be the same Axis vs Allies?

That said, a Panzer IV D would be nice.

forgot japan
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »
forgot japan
Abd France and Italy....because they don't really count in the discussion.  Japan focused on ships and airplanes for a reason....
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2010, 08:12:18 PM »
yeah......no land lol the tanks they did have where made off card board and powered like the flinstones lol

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2010, 08:58:12 PM »
Good, more dive bombing practice for my lightnings.
 :aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2010, 09:48:14 PM »
Abd France and Italy....because they don't really count in the discussion.  Japan focused on ships and airplanes for a reason....
Well, in a sense that is why the set is still "uneven."  The early war set is still not well represented for any side.  The IV is a late '43 version, the Shermans shown (judging from the calliope on the 75mm) are both late '44 versions.  The earliest tanks we have are the T-34/76 and Tiger. 

Not a complaint, just an observation.  I do hope HTC gets around to adding a few true early war tanks at some point in the future.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »
As long as they are doing Shermans they should add the amphibious version.  That would add a nice twist.

The picture shows the floatation gear lowered.  They were most famously used during the D-Day invasion where many sank mostly due to heavy seas.  The ground defenses largely ignored them thinking they were simply small boats and therefore not very valuable targets.  IIRC they were driven by twin screws.  Pic from Wikipedia:

And we could get the flamethrower version to be used specifically for killing towns.  It would be cool to see buildings go up in flames:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:39:03 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2010, 11:36:29 PM »
Baldeagle, thats a hell of an idea..., would deffinatly have an impact where CV assaults where concerned.

My GOD..., think of the possibilitys..., though of-course it would be VERY vulnerable until it hit the shore.
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2010, 11:42:42 PM »
DD Sherman's a pretty good idea. Although I don't know if the game really supports either the mechanics or even the effect of the M4 Zippos....
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2010, 11:44:14 PM »

Finally!  A tank a Spitfire Mk I can kill!   :P
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2010, 12:06:03 AM »
Looks like the new M4A3 has a .50 cal M2 on top and a .30 cal M1919 in the hull so with the calliope on top it looks like it will kill every thing from troop to bombers  :x
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:07:42 AM by 1carbine »
Obama is the Energizer bunny of fail.

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2010, 01:03:47 AM »
If that first post had sarcasm in it you hide it extremely well.

My whole point was...

Lancaster's (You can add all heavy bombers in hanger) did not bomb GV's at a forty-five degree angle in WWII, like they do in LW arenas.

Reversal roll here...

I said... "Hmmm... I wonder if any WWII Lancaster III Pilots saw "the rockets red glare" while in a forty-five degree dive?"

I usually up the British "Firefly" and Lancs nine times out of ten (of the heavy bomber sets), usually are dive bombing me into oblivion.

Now, with the rockets... I see them quite possibly being fired in the fore mentioned situation.

Hence my comment... Is that sarcasm? Maybe I'm wrong for the lack of a better or correct word.

Again, my apologies...

X :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2010, 05:54:23 AM »
As long as they are doing Shermans they should add the amphibious version.  That would add a nice twist.

The picture shows the floatation gear lowered.  They were most famously used during the D-Day invasion where many sank mostly due to heavy seas.  The ground defenses largely ignored them thinking they were simply small boats and therefore not very valuable targets.  IIRC they were driven by twin screws.  Pic from Wikipedia:

(Image removed from quote.)

And we could get the flamethrower version to be used specifically for killing towns.  It would be cool to see buildings go up in flames:

(Image removed from quote.)
sorry to say this but i've read many reports saying these amphib DD tanks actually sank due to the fact that the drivers were trying to fight the currents and pointed their tanks toward their agreed upon destination making the tank go almost parallel to the coast and waves would capsize the tank. Heavy seas actually had close to nothing to do with their sinking until driver error forced it. They drove them like vehicles and not boats...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2010, 08:05:10 AM »
sorry to say this but i've read many reports saying these amphib DD tanks actually sank due to the fact that the drivers were trying to fight the currents and pointed their tanks toward their agreed upon destination making the tank go almost parallel to the coast and waves would capsize the tank. Heavy seas actually had close to nothing to do with their sinking until driver error forced it. They drove them like vehicles and not boats...

Sorry to say this but that's what I said.  What exactly did you think I meant by heavy seas?   :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:24:37 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.