Author Topic: South Park  (Read 1141 times)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
South Park
« on: April 24, 2010, 01:46:06 PM »

:cry

Very disappointing, they censored episode 201...

They need to remove the uncensored title they have on itunes...

false advertising...

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Re: South Park
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 05:25:39 PM »
Very disappointed Comedy Central censored it. I watched the second half and thought it was funny, all the controversy over Mohammad being in a bear suit and it wasn't even Mohammad in the stupid suit.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 06:38:31 PM »
They pretty much get away with making fun of any race, political view, country, celebrity, and all but one religion. 
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 10:23:01 PM »
Yeah it a shame Comedy Central caved to the pressure & censored it, I wonder what was being said at the end of the episode where they say what they've learned that needed to be completely censored, I mean they just bleeped the entire thing, I know Matt & Trey aren't happy with Comedy Central right now because they have refused to put the censored episode online, at least on their website SouthParkStudios.com.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 01:52:26 AM »
A Statement from Matt and Trey

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 02:58:37 AM »
Sigh...i despise South Park...this is the reason the rest of the world views us as an uncultured bunch of idiots who are only getting worse.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 03:08:45 AM »
They pretty much get away with making fun of any race, political view, country, celebrity, and all but one religion. 

That's because Scientologists aren't likely to cut your head off or blow up a mall in protest.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 07:14:38 AM »
That's because Scientologists aren't likely to cut your head off or blow up a mall in protest.

Nope, just torture and kill their own. Or people they seduce. S'all good.

I've never gotten around to watching South Park. Though I played one of the video games when I was younger and found that rather entertaining.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 07:35:27 AM »
Sigh...i despise South Park...this is the reason the rest of the world views us as an uncultured bunch of idiots who are only getting worse.

I used to agree completely.   Then a coworker had me watch a couple of complete episodes (the WoW one, and the one where the main kid freezes himself because he can't wait the 3 weeks for the Wii to be released, he overshoots and is revived in the future where the battle between religion and science has been won be science.   Humanity is now threatened by a race of super-intelligent sea otters, and science has now split into two warring camps over some stupid issue).   I've decided the creators are very insightful and talented satirists.

In the small number of episodes I've seen, South Park not only crosses the line of good taste, they spend much of their time far on the other side of it.  I think that's what makes it hard to appreciate the show.  I also suspect that Matt and Trey also view "us" as an uncultured bunch of idiots who are only getting worse.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 08:15:50 AM »
For South Park absolutely NOTHING is sacred, they make fun of it all.
God, Devil, Jesus, Jews, Bin Laden, they all get nailed.
If you can accept that, wrap your head around it. Then often SP has some quite interesting things to say.

If you can't, they'll step on your @$#% slam your !@#$! and #$^%#$^ down your  !#@$@#$!

Personally I decided some 4 years ago they were tired of doing SP. And they had figured out that the only way they could quit, was if they got shut down in a lawsuit. So since that day they have been trying harder and harder to incite that lawsuit. So far it seems to be failing. But then I'm not sure just how "bright" those 2 really are.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 09:58:31 AM »

Actually, South Park is one of the reasons I'm of the opinion that some Americans do actually have 3 figure IQs.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 11:04:05 AM »
South Park is the only place where some things actually get to be said.

... Nice ...
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 11:26:24 AM »

I think you need to watch what is on some foreign TV before making a statement like that.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 11:28:20 AM »
South park is great whenever I watch it makes me laugh  =  win.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 01:29:52 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:41:22 AM by Skuzzy »
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac