Author Topic: Film viewer not working right since latest patch  (Read 358 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Film viewer not working right since latest patch
« on: April 28, 2010, 01:17:05 PM »
Now that we can play old videos again I tried playing one of mine.

THe sortie is as follows: I'm in a C2 chasing B26s at high alt. I get in a couple of hits and he disables my engine. I deadstick it down 20k to land on the runway as the guy suicide-divebombs trying to get me.

He dies, I get 3 kills (2 popped drones + ack kill).

When I play it back now, it shows that I lose my wings, my engine, my entire tail, I'm leaking gas, I'm set on fire, and my pilot was wounded, all the while still flying in this shell of a plane, and I still land safely.

Something's not right with how the viewer's reading older files. I'll try a few more to see if it's all of them or not.

P.S. Still showing DTs on planes that had dropped them.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:24:41 PM by Krusty »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Film viewer not working right since latest patch
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:54:12 PM »
Found another one where I only took oil damage, and it does the same "everything is destroyed" representation including fireball and pilot wound.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:31:46 PM »
Per Skuzzy in a discussion a few down from this: That is not a bug.  It is due to changes in the resources for the game which can occasionally render older films unviewable.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
Per Skuzzy in a discussion a few down from this: That is not a bug.  It is due to changes in the resources for the game which can occasionally render older films unviewable.

Um... No.

Did you read my description?

What skuzzy was talking about was where old terrains vs new terrains crashed the viewer out-and-out. That was fixed in the recent patch.

The viewer is not crashing. It's displaying damage wrong.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:40:01 PM »
My apologies, maybe that is why I had a B25H showing a rudder in place even with the elevator gone...

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 07:41:02 PM »
Well there are many documented reports of persons/planes suffering MASSIVE damage without knowing about it...perhaps this is just one of those times.
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 11:34:47 PM »
You don't understand... I've seen these films before. I had them earmarked to make AH video clips and so forth. I've reviewed them already. I was there when the events happened. At the time I only lost oil. Upon reviewing the film at later dates it only showed oil loss. Now, after just updating to the 2.18 patch 8 within the past day, they show as totally obliterated. It's specific to the film viewer update in the recent patch.

I've since reviewed a dozen older films or so, and there's a number of times I take hits with no damage, then when I take oil damage it applies all damages in the database to the plane in the film viewer, instead of "just" oil damage.

It's really strange.

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 07:31:44 AM »
I bet that flying the fuselage in and landing it safely looks pretty crazy though.  Maybe it's a feature added in for comedic value?
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/