Author Topic: A New Port Design  (Read 393 times)

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
A New Port Design
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:06:58 AM »
Was thinking about this with all the cv threads.
Would it possible to modify the port.

I have been asking for mannable artillary for awhile, and this may be a way to actually incorprate it into the game. The port has several ships which appear to be in sort of being built phase. It would awesome to have those ships, have the 5" guns like the cv, even if there just single, not duel. Say 3 mannable guns. Its doesnt take much to destroy those ships, I think i hit with some 20's and they went right over. But that might help for a better defense of a port. Which really isnt too hard to take at this point. Also it opens up a Arty in the game.

Anyway my thought.

Cheers
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Re: A New Port Design
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 08:26:59 PM »
Out of 55 views not one comment. WTF  :huh
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 08:48:45 PM »
Guess Ill be the first to reply. If Im not mistaken, the port was remodeled not too long ago. About a year or so IIRC; which came with a terrain update I think. One could argue, that, if said ships are in building phase, it wouldnt be appropriate to have manable 5'' guns. I, however, wouldnt care either way. I wouldnt mind seeing a facelift for the port.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:51:33 PM »
Guess Ill be the first to reply. If Im not mistaken, the port was remodeled not too long ago. About a year or so IIRC; which came with a terrain update I think. One could argue, that, if said ships are in building phase, it wouldnt be appropriate to have manable 5'' guns. I, however, wouldnt care either way. I wouldnt mind seeing a facelift for the port.
I'll be second to reply...go to page 2 in the wishlist to find exactly the thread you want for ports to be remade :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 08:52:38 PM »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 05:12:02 AM »
Day late and a dollar short dookie.

Out of 55 views not one comment. WTF  :huh

Or as the original OP states......  A week. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 06:55:22 AM »
Beat him by more than that Ranger.

Your proposal actually should what it could look like.

His just asked for an update.