Author Topic: X45  (Read 5408 times)

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
X45
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2001, 05:18:00 PM »
Ah, they were still redirecting last time I needed to download something - sorry!

Offline Vosper

• Zinc Member
X45
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2001, 08:53:00 PM »
Thanks for the updated URL.

Edit - Anyone used those Win2k drivers? I presume Dhauzimmer's (sp) are the ones being referred to; I saw no other Win2k mentioned.

And, as I asked above - does AH recognize the buttons on the X45 under any circumstance, with/without drivers?

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Vosper ]

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
X45
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2001, 06:07:00 PM »
Anyone used those Win2k drivers? I presume Dhauzimmer's (sp) are the ones being referred to; I saw no other Win2k mentioned.

Saitek has beta drivers for Win2k, but only drivers: there is no Win2k version of SGE. But the drivers by themselves are pretty useless. The drivers make Windows see the stick and its functions, but you need the software in order to control all the hat switches, mode switches etc.

DHauzimmer also did his own driver, as well as some kind of patch that allows you to program the stick, but it's very complicated to program. I haven't tried it.

His driver does not seem to work in Windows XP.

does AH recognize the buttons on the X45 under any circumstance, with/without drivers?

Again, drivers are not the problem. It's the software you need.

I can't say for sure about the X45, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as for the X36, which I have. Under Windows 2000 and XP, the X36 is recognized by Windows (if you install the Saitek beta driver in the case of Windows 2000, in XP you don't need it).

But if you don't have the SGE software (i.e. on Windows 2000 or XP), in AH you can only use buttons 1 to 8 (gun button, buttons A, B and Launch button on the stick, button D, "Mouse" button on the throttle, and button C and pinkie switch on the stick), plus the first hat switch on the stick, plus the throttle. You can use the 3-positions mode swith, but it's only seen as 3 buttons, 9 to 11, and that means one button is always stuck "on". Which is pretty useless. (Can you imagine a keyboard command being played continually?)

AH does not seem to recognize the 2nd hat switch on the stick, the two hat switches on the throttle, the rudder rocker, the two rotary dials and the auxiliary switch, even though they work perfectly in Windows. The 3 hat switches act as buttons, 4 per hat switch, same for the auxiliary switch, and the 2 rotary dials and the rudder rocker are analog controls, like the X, Y and Z axis (stick and throttle).

So: if you have Windows 2000 or XP, you can't use either X36 or X45 right now.

Saitek says in the Saitek Store web site that a Windows 2000/XP compatible software is due in October, but the main Saitek web sites don't mention anything (just that there are Windows 2000 beta drivers), and anyway Saitek has been promising a Windows 2000 compatible software "soon" for at least a year.    :mad:

DrSoya

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: DrSoya ]

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
X45
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »
I won this baby at the con banquet, a day after I dropped $400 to outfit myself with a complete CH USB Hotas! I'm keeping both setups(one for my son, one for me), but in trying to setup the X45 in AH, I have a question....

I want to use the direct-x setup tool within AH to assign all the buttons and hats on the X45, instead of the SGE software. AH detects all of them just fine. But my question concerns how I get the pinky key to act as a shift key within AH. 1776, how did you pull this off? Did you assign the pinky key to act as stick set 2 in the "joystick mappings", or did you go ahead and use the SGE software to configure the X45 and not do it in AH?

Thanks.

Offline Greese

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/greese125
X45
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2001, 10:19:00 PM »
Quote-  ...use buttons 1 to 8 (gun button, buttons A, B and Launch button on the stick, button D, "Mouse" button on the throttle, and button C and pinkie switch on the stick), plus the first hat switch on the stick, plus the throttle. You can use the 3-positions mode swith, but it's only seen as 3 buttons, 9 to 11....the 2nd hat switch on the stick, the two hat switches on the throttle, the rudder rocker, the two rotary dials and the auxiliary switch, ...The 3 hat switches act as buttons, 4 per hat switch, same for the auxiliary switch, and the 2 rotary dials and the rudder rocker are analog controls, like the X, Y and Z axis (stick and throttle)....

:eek:

Sounds like I'd have to be some kind of an engineer just to figure this thing out.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
X45
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2001, 12:23:00 AM »
I don't use the AH stuff. I use the SGE software to set up the buttons.  Here's why: on the hat you can assign the 0 position to be whatever view system you want.  I use f9, instant, unshifited and use f8,pan, shifted.  This way I will always have instant when ever I touch the hat switch.  

Using the DirectX button thingie limits the X45 or X36.  It's a pain to get set up using SGE, but it is worth it in the long run.  Also look into getting Gamecommander2 to help with commands, I find it very useful . It is great to jump around to the gun positions in a buff :)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
X45
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2001, 08:23:00 AM »
rgr that 1776, I looked the SGE software over last night and it looks pretty straight-forward, if a bit time consuming. Sounds good to me. Thanks for the reply. <S>

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
X45
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
Heya banana (and others),

I have a Saitek X36 profile I could send you if you like.  It is a teaked version of one that was airecoil was kind enough to provide me.  If you want me to send it, just drop me an email, nimitz@huckabay.net

Good luck!

Nim/Larry

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
X45
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2001, 05:04:00 PM »
I just got an answer from Saitek USA about Windows XP support:

We will have compatible software for XP by the beggining of next year.

Best Regards
Carol
Technical Support http://www.saitekusa.com
support@saitekusa.com

:mad:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2001, 01:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by 2Late4U:
OUT OF STOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :mad:    :mad:    :mad:    :mad:    :mad:    :mad:

Best Buy in the store today - $80.
They gave me $26 to take it off their hands.
I used the 2 year replacement plan coupon which was for $106 on my 2nd X36.
That $10 replacement plan is well worth it.  :)

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2001, 07:30:00 AM »
anyone else notice the pinkie grippy thing in the handle of the jstick now makes it uncomfortable if ur hands are larger than an adult female or a 14 year old??

This stick is suppose to be better than the USB X36 why? The goofy lights?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2001, 08:08:00 AM »
One more thing,
couldn't import my AH psi file from the X36. Had to start from scratch for the X45. ANyone else have this?
Also with the X45 profile, the mode 1, 2, 3 settings do not save into their modes. i.e. a setting in mode 2 overwrites mode 1's commands and vise versa. So I basically only have one mode. Anyone else, or anyone know how to fix?

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
X45
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2001, 06:12:00 AM »
Uncheck the the tick box that says "use unshifted attributes".  If you don't what ever you assign Mode 1 to will auttomaticlly be assigned to Mode 2&3.  In SGE just point the mouse cursor at the button you wish to work with and right click it and select properties.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2001, 07:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by 1776:
Uncheck the the tick box that says "use unshifted attributes".  If you don't what ever you assign Mode 1 to will auttomaticlly be assigned to Mode 2&3.  In SGE just point the mouse cursor at the button you wish to work with and right click it and select properties.

thanks 1776, I'll look for that this afternoon