Author Topic: Having problems with CH ProUSB pedals  (Read 1510 times)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Having problems with CH ProUSB pedals
« on: August 02, 2000, 09:32:00 PM »
Having read all the posts on these I bought some today  

Having problems though  

On my new pc installed the driver that came with Pedals  and it said it was older than the one I pointed windows too . So I kept the newer one , not good I think .

AH see this HID Compliant game controller
only these options too :
x-axis
y-axis
Slider
Button 0

as u see no rudder option at all , WTF is a slider ? Ok plus when on new pc the usb PrePro USB joystick don't work in AH with the USB pedals installed !

All this works fine in Windows game controlers .

Next I figured I would put them on the old pc , but this time would KEEP the older drivers that I pointed windows too (on the A drive)

OK this is what I got :

CH ProPedals USB
x-axis
y-axis
z-azis
Button 0

I don't have a joysick on that one yet , just the mouse and the new pedels .
Pedals work ok , but only the throttle can be used on the mouse , even though I set up x and y for the mouse .

Next I figured I would reinstall that older driver , get rid of the jmap in settings and new pc would work . NOPE ! NOT !   Still shows the same setup in AH (Hid compliant game controller !

Then I thought , lets check the drivers on both pc's to see if they are differant , yep you guessed it , they were the SAME !!!

Now why is one showing HID complant game controller and the other CH PRO Pedals USB ?

I know I most likely made my first mistake be leaving the newer driver on the new pc but I did reinstall the CH ones , and both PC now show same drivers .

Plus any clues why my USB stick don't work in AH with the USB pedals installed ? Might that be cause it don't show right , as in CHProPedalsUSB ??

The CH install instructions says Note:The Driver may read HID compliant 3 axis, 1 button joystick .But both show CH ProPedalsUSB in game controlers .

I am out of ideas , right now they are on the old pc waiting on my buds MS ForceFeed joystick to come .

All help will be welcome . spro

PS: Still not sure I like these better than the regular CH pedals .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2000, 05:52:00 PM »
My CH Pro Pedals USB show as such in AH, but the skimpy "manual" says they may be listed as "HID Compliant game controller".

The following options are listed in my case:

X-axis
Y-axis
Z-axis
Button0

I gathered that the button is a leftover from the gameport version, which had a button to switch between car mode and airplane mode. The USB version doesn't need the button, but it's still in its makeup, even if we can't use it.

The X-axis is the left toe break. The Y-axis is the right toe brake. Or the reverse.

The Z-axis is the rudder movement itself - it's a sliding motion. As you push forward on one pedal, the other goes backward, toward you.

The "slider" is the axis you want. It should work regardless of the controls' identifications.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF [AH]
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF [WB]
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

[This message has been edited by DrSoya (edited 08-04-2000).]

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2000, 05:59:00 PM »
Also, I think that your current main controller in AH will lose its assigned axes if you plug a new controller. I had to reassign the axes to my joystick when I plugged my pedals.

In the AH Joystick setup, click on Select Joystick. Select your joystick, click on Set All Inputs. Then select the CH Pro Pedals - or HID Compliant Game Controller - and assign the Z-axis or Slider to Rudder.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF [AH]
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF [WB]
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2000, 08:03:00 PM »
Well the gameport joystick from my mate came so got to use USB rudders on my old pc .

They work just fine on it . But on that PC AH shows z axis for rudder .

Now I tried them again on New PC , with the slider option , nope didn't work only throtte did after I hooked them up .

Ok thought I unhook the usb joystick and just to see if the ch one would work with the USB peddals . NOPE NOT , reassiged all the imputs too like u said , did that before too I might add .

I got to believe its the slider option or driver thats got it messed up . They work fine on the old one .

Deleted the jmap file too , still shows slider in AH .

Problem is the drivers show the same for both PC   .

I got the regular CH peds anyway , would have been nice to use the new ones too in AH but no bigie .

Wonder how I can get the game AH to show z option not slider ? Pretty damned sure this is something to do with the problem .

How would I go about getting a fresh install of pedals again . That way I can tell windows that I want to keep the a drive driver I show it . But what has me lost is they show the same damn drivers in device manager ?

go figure ,

thanks for help though , also they work just fine in windows .  

cheers spro

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2000, 10:54:00 PM »
OK I deleted the new hidusb.sys driver 4.10.2222 and installed the older one from my old pc (the one thats working with the CH pedals and USB ) hidsub.sys 4.10.1998 .

When I pluged in the pedals the start up new stuff came up and asked me if I really wanted the to keep the older driver , I said yes .

But AH still shows a slider for the CH USB pedals option and it don't work . Plus still the joystick doesn't work if the USB pedals are seleted . I deleted the jmap and stick file didn't make a bit of differance .

Ok right now the new ones under the desk of my old pc and they work great on it , but I don't use that pc anymore (gave it too my wife). What am I missing ? Both work ok in windows game controls so to me anyhow like a AH problem not windows .

What file in AH shows this for the CH USB pedals ????
x-axis
y-axis
Slider
Button 0

Help  

spro

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2000, 08:56:00 AM »
 airspro,
 I had a similar problem with my mew PC - once I plug in the new CH ProPedals USB the AH stops reacting to my MS PPro USB. Both controllers were visible in Windows, both controllers were seen by AH, but no button presses or stick movements had any effect.
 I did a few things, do not know which one helped:

1. In device manager, I deleted all game controllers.
 2. Installed DirectX7a - do not know if it was there already.
 3. Plugged the stick into USB 1 and Pedals into USB 2.

It started working.
 In the controllers panel the stick is controller ID #1 and pedals are controllers ID #2. Some games are particular about that, so you amy want to move the IDs around if yours are not the same way.

Good Luck,
miko--

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2000, 03:43:00 PM »
Good Luck ? Yep thanks a bunch . Who would have thought that we didn't have Direct x 7.0a installed ? Only thing I did was install that and they work fine .

Thanks , hope u like your new PC as much as I do mine . Gotta love all those BIG boxes  

cheers spro