Author Topic: Question: X-36 USB combo w/CH Pedals?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline SC-DeMutt

• Zinc Member
Question: X-36 USB combo w/CH Pedals?
« on: August 03, 2000, 06:15:00 PM »
I just bought a Saitek X-36 Throttle/JS combo (USB), And don't like the location of the rudder. (Must be for Looong fingers!).
  Anyway, I also have a set of CH Pedals, (Not the Pro ones, And am aware that on older versions of the X-36 [Gameport model], The CH pedals were compatable. I've checked the Saitek web site, But the only info I can find is on the early setup.
  Is anyone using them w/ a USB X-36? If so, Would you tell me how to set it up?

Thanks in advance;

SC-Mutt
Sqn Ldr./SSC
Skeleton Crew

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2000, 01:08:00 PM »
Using x36 with gameport rudders... was using with ch USB rudders.. ran fine...
doc

Offline SC-DeMutt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2000, 02:28:00 PM »
Hmmm, I tried running the pedals thru the gameport, And leave the HOTAS
((X35T/X36F combo,Saitek,USB)) connected to the USB port, But NO Cigar
  How do you have your's setup? Did you change the HOTAS from USB to Gameport?
 Thanks again;

Doc
(SC-Mutt)

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2000, 05:44:00 PM »
What exactly is the problem? Do both controllers work correctly in Windows? (in the Joystick control panel, or whatever the English name is)

I am using the Saitek X36 flight system USB with CH Pro Pedals USB. They work fine together in AH, but there are very few sims that will allow it, since most only recognize one controller (and so can only recognize the X36 combined throttle/stick or the pedals; this is the case for WB).

AH will see all controllers you plug, but I think you have to reconfigure it.

Try setting up the X36 with "all inputs", then setting the rudder axis on your pedals.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF [AH]
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF [WB]
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2000, 10:04:00 AM »
What you have to do to get the none USB pedals to work with your USB stick is plug a cheap or your old joystick into the pedals so windows can find them and calibrate them, then just leave the stick under the desk somewhere.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
Indians Home page were links to help pages can be found.
Indian's Homepage

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2000, 07:33:00 PM »
Indian's answer is the easiest, but you don't have to use an old joystick to calibrate them. You can TRY to just plug them into the the analog port and then pick a setup with rudders checked. Calibrate the rudders when it comes up and ignore past any requests to calibrate the stick you haven't plugged in. In the end it will tell you that you haven't finished, but you have.

This can be a bit of a problem. If you can't seem to make it work and have an old joystick then by all means use Indian's approach. Don't forget to check that it has rudder pedals so you can calibrate the rudder pedals in windows.

Then go to AH and in joysticks make sure you have the rudders set to your pedals and not the x36.

Ranger Bob

Offline SC-DeMutt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2000, 09:19:00 PM »
Thank you ALL for taking the time to help me out! I'll be trying the Indian/Ranger Bob method in the next day or two, And I think that will be the method that works. I don't have time to do it right now, But wanted you all to know I've been paying attention, And am very grateful for your kind support!

Of all the arenas I've flown in, I've gotta say that the Aces High community is the BEST HEARTED bunch of Aeronautical Gun Slingin' Murderers I've had the pleasure to do Mayhem with!

I SALUTE YOU SIRS!!

Doc "DeMutt" Hoover
Sqdrn Ldr./SSC
~Skeleton Crew!~