Author Topic: P47M  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Terrible

• Zinc Member
P47M
« on: May 06, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
I have just returned to aces high after a few years and I am trying to figure out what the difference is with this model from the other P47s in performance, I can not find any data on it's in game performance.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: P47M
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:59:12 PM »
I'm not sure of the exact stats, but the climb rate is much higher than other JUGS.  Other than that, it's still a JUG.  Love em or leave em, your choice, but I will continue to fly them every chance I get.   :D
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 07:00:40 PM »
I have just returned to aces high after a few years and I am trying to figure out what the difference is with this model from the other P47s in performance, I can not find any data on it's in game performance.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/planeperf.php
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Terrible

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 07:10:38 PM »
Wow its a beast!
Thanks Lusche.

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 05:41:25 PM »
Wow its a beast!
Thanks Lusche.

Top P47 is the (M) model.

Beast ? M's a Monster  :D.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 11:02:01 PM »
One nice feature of the M is the dive brake, which I made a point of getting figured out after diving on a B-17 and ignominiously augered into a friendly field after I got too fast and went into compression..... the next time I got into a tight spot I had them figured out and they worked like a charm.....

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 12:56:54 AM »
It's a light N. Note the charts show for light loadout. It never historically took the full guns load that most folks spray and pray with, so if you load it down with 1000lbs extra weight the climb rate isn't so good (only slightly better than other jugs)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 01:19:43 AM »

Top P47 is the (M) model.

Beast ? M's a Monster  :D.

Not hardly. A substantial part of the plane set out-climbs her. She's got speed at all altitudes but a number of rides will still run her down, and if she IS caught she's still a Jug. Spits, F4Us, 109s, F6Fs, and pretty much anything else that excels in a close-range maneuvering fight will eat her alive if she gets slow. She doesn't really come into her own until you get her up above 25-30k, which you just don't see all that often in the Mains.

Good plane? Yes. Monster? Not at all.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 01:26:40 AM »
She's as much a monster as the 47N is, and the N is also a monster. Unstoppable? No. Beast? No. Just ordinary "monster"....

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 07:16:00 AM »
Why is it my opinion never counts ? I've played a long time, i think i know what I'm talking about  :lol. P-47-M is a fast bird, and I've flown it a lot, its climbs very good for a jug, runs really good, and gets its airspeed back faster than any other 47.

I've out done many pilots in the DA and MA with that bird. also saxman, 2 of those aircraft you put in there are navy, your a navy squad guy correct ? if a P-47-M got in a dogfight, say F6F or an F4U, it can out run both if it fails in a turn fight. except a F4U-4 naturally. I've won against f4u's and f6f's, both of which also lose airspeed and don't get it back as easy, and if you put down flaps on a F4U ! your a sitting duck  :rofl.

Many underestimate the P-47-M and what it can do, i love the F4U, my favorite bird, but i like all american aircraft, and will post a text to show what they can do.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 07:27:58 AM by Buck »

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 07:40:15 AM »
Monster? Not at all.

Once you get a taste of those 8 x 50s you'll think again  :D.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 07:43:04 AM by Buck »

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 07:53:52 AM »
Great plane, although it does weird stuff near stall speed, although as Krusty mentioned, most folks insult it by flying it like an Lgay and spraying and hoing away at everything in sight, then running off. The original half-dozen or so UBER D-25/D-40 sticks from the 56th, placed into this plane, would own everything and everyone they come across :aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 08:02:45 AM »
Great plane, although it does weird stuff near stall speed, although as Krusty mentioned, most folks insult it by flying it like an Lgay and spraying and hoing away at everything in sight, then running off. The original half-dozen or so UBER D-25/D-40 sticks from the 56th, placed into this plane, would own everything and everyone they come across :aok

Well happy to know sticks from the 56th support it  :).

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 09:14:36 AM »

I've out done many pilots in the DA and MA with that bird. also saxman, 2 of those aircraft you put in there are navy, your a navy squad guy correct ?

Marines. :furious :furious :furious :furious

What does it matter that I mentioned two blue planes that would beat it if she's dragged in close? I also noted that the 109s and Spits would, too.

She's the best bird in her line to be sure, but at the end of the day she's STILL a Jug. Every tactic for fighting a Jug still applies.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 09:28:07 AM »
Why is it my opinion never counts ? I've played a long time, i think i know what I'm talking about  :lol. P-47-M is a fast bird, and I've flown it a lot, its climbs very good for a jug, runs really good, and gets its airspeed back faster than any other 47.

I've out done many pilots in the DA and MA with that bird. also saxman, 2 of those aircraft you put in there are navy, your a navy squad guy correct ? if a P-47-M got in a dogfight, say F6F or an F4U, it can out run both if it fails in a turn fight. except a F4U-4 naturally. I've won against f4u's and f6f's, both of which also lose airspeed and don't get it back as easy, and if you put down flaps on a F4U ! your a sitting duck  :rofl.

Many underestimate the P-47-M and what it can do, i love the F4U, my favorite bird, but i like all american aircraft, and will post a text to show what they can do.

Buck, do you fly under the name "Buck"? If so did you fly under some other name before that? Going by the score pages, your first tour was 104, and your forum sign on is April 2010. Basically you have to earn your reputation with "time in service". Some people have been here for 5, even 10 years (were has the time gone !). Some have built a rep as being very knowledgeable with things in the game while some very quickly build a rep of pure stupidity. Give your self time and let people get to know you. Take the time to read what others say that might be contrary to what you post, test it, and be open to changing your opinion. As for the P47M being a monster, it is in the right hands as well as in the right conditions, but over all, as used in the MA's it's not. If you get under 350 in it spits and hogs will eat you alive, and under 300 109s and f6's get lunch too.