Author Topic: Anyone using multiple monitors?  (Read 822 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Anyone using multiple monitors?
« on: October 05, 2001, 02:57:00 PM »
A friend of mine was showing me this and I was pondering doing this as well, but sought other's opinions/experiences on it.

I have a P3 550 with a 3dfx Voodoo 5500 AGP card in it, and have a spare 3DFX Voodoo 3000 PCI.  It would be rather cool to have Aces in one window and be using the other monitor/screen for web browsing or, if Aces supported it in the future, an assignable view (rear? etc)

Ideas?

Or is 2 3D cards in one machine just a really really bad idea

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2001, 05:11:00 PM »
SOB runs a setup like this.  He has Roger Wilco running on one screen while playing AH on the other.  I think the FDPs are constantly wary of MAW retaliation for the infamous "GoonMAW" incident.

AKDejaVu

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2001, 06:17:00 PM »
Well, I'm not sure why you'd waste the nice video card on it, but it is a nice thing to have.  I'm running mine off an old ATI 8MB PCI Rage Pro card.

While using it, I've had Roger Wilco, WinAMP, ping software, and more recently, I set the background of the monitors to use a strategic map of the current terrain.  One that has the factories, cities & HQ laid out on it.

Just remember, it's only really good for static stuff.  While stuff running on that monitor will update (like the RW list), you won't be able to access it unless you ALT TAB.  That's only in AH, of course.  While using it with Windows, you'll soon wonder how in the hell you've ever lived without it!   :)

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2001, 12:07:00 AM »
Wish list:
Put the readio buffer on the other monitor.  Put the clipboaard on the other monitor :)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2001, 09:35:00 AM »
I'd love to see those additions too.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline MAC

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2001, 08:55:00 PM »
How about the instrument panel on one monitor so your primary large monitor can be your view and the other can be the instruments?  You could set up a monitor above and one below for instruments.  More realistic.

:D