Author Topic: ABIT BH6 and Modem/Slot  (Read 720 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
ABIT BH6 and Modem/Slot
« on: August 11, 2000, 03:00:00 PM »
I seem to recall reading somewhere that an ABIT BH6 is picky about what PCI/ISA cards go in which slots.

I ask because my machine was locking up about every 1-1.5 hours when playing.

Now I just got a Cable Modem and have played steadily far longer than that with no burps at all. <admittedly only for a day so far>

After having searched and searched for the cause of the lockup, I admit I never considered the modem. I've had two different modems in it and it did it with both.

Anyone remember reading anything about this aspect?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
ABIT BH6 and Modem/Slot
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2000, 05:56:00 PM »
i have a BH6 with PIII 600e

using a modem for hours with no probs.

not sure which slot its in, i'll let you know when i get home (in the office now).

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
ABIT BH6 and Modem/Slot
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2000, 01:47:00 PM »
Mason,

Am thinking about that upgrade.

What speed RAM are you using the 100 or the 133?

Have you tried to o/c that?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
ABIT BH6 and Modem/Slot
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2000, 02:50:00 PM »
have pc100

tried to OC, but not sure i was doing it correctly (only got up to 619mhz...) had problems with AH crashing and redouts every 2 minutes or more. so i changed it back to the normal settings.

i might try one more time with a friend of mine who knows a little more about OC'ing than i do.

meantime, i'm saving for a Geforce2 Ultra!!
 www.nvidia.com

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
ABIT BH6 and Modem/Slot
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2000, 06:30:00 PM »
 I bought a SB live 3 days ago. No hard locks since. Dont have a clue what it means. just a FWIW.